5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Owners Manual... WTF?

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear.
Anyone know when they started doing that? I bought mine in June.
Mine was a March build. My guess is that your dealer put one in there for you, as most of us only got the users guide, which is still like 400 + pages

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine was a March build. My guess is that your dealer put one in there for you, as most of us only got the users guide, which is still like 400 + pages
No 400 page user guide on my part - picked up Bighorn on Nov 24th. Received a 117 page "Essential Information Guide". I think it should be called "CYA Guide", chapter 9, Warning and Caution Library", pages 95-114 is the culmination of the prior chapters.

Lateralus

Reaction score
I ordered my complete manual via the online chat (provided my VIN). They sent me the same manual that the OP got. It even says on the packing slip 2009 to 2018 models...
I think it is a combination of apathy and ignorance on the part of the FCA operators.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my complete manual via the online chat (provided my VIN). They sent me the same manual that the OP got. It even says on the packing slip 2009 to 2018 models...
I think it is a combination of apathy and ignorance on the part of the FCA operators.
That's been the objective of this thread since I posted the first wrong shipment of a DS manual. One would hope a VIN would indicate to the person dispersing the manual that they are dealing with a 5th gen product, sadly I feel the VIN is not required and have been tempted to submit a faked VIN to see if a manual would be shipped, for the sake of science, of course.

Jako

Reaction score
Update to post #33, received an envelope with a sheet of paper that the manual is "back ordered".
SO it goes to:
11. Manual on back order.

To be fair to FCA there may be revisions and they want you to get the updated version. Wishful thoughts.

Boozygoose

Reaction score
I would like to say thank you to the OP of this thread. I feel a hell of a lot better.

Wife owns a Grand Cherokee so I was already prepared to order a paper copy and had it handled on day one of new Ram ownership. Thought I was super smart.

Flash forward to today, I got the "Classic" version. Just spent 25 minutes chatting with "Randy" who insisted they were the same manual despite the wildly obvious differences and the little detail of different part numbers. Randy stated there were not two different manuals in his system for the Ram 1500. I call bull, but I have respect for Randy not backing down despite being entirely wrong. If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.

Sent off an email and we will see if that helps but thanks again to those above, misery loves company.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to say thank you to the OP of this thread. I feel a hell of a lot better.

Wife owns a Grand Cherokee so I was already prepared to order a paper copy and had it handled on day one of new Ram ownership. Thought I was super smart.

Flash forward to today, I got the "Classic" version. Just spent 25 minutes chatting with "Randy" who insisted they were the same manual despite the wildly obvious differences and the little detail of different part numbers. Randy stated there were not two different manuals in his system for the Ram 1500. I call bull, but I have respect for Randy not backing down despite being entirely wrong. If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough.

Sent off an email and we will see if that helps but thanks again to those above, misery loves company.
Just a reminder the All New 2019 Ram manual part number starts with 19DT. The Classic 2019 Ram manual starts with 19DS.

That should help, should you need to talk to "Randy" again.

Futta112

Reaction score
I must be dumb. Where the hell is the online chat? Even google didn’t find crap for it.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPS just dropped off my printed owner's manual (took three tries ordering one - the Ram.com link finally worked) and my first thought was "dang this thing must be thick!" The UPS label showed it weighed almost 4 lbs.

Opened it up and FCA sent me the correct "All New 2019 Ram 1500" manual, a "2019 Ram 1500" DS Manual, and a 2019 warranty guide. Apparently they can't figure out which truck you have from the VIN so they're now shipping both manuals.

Made my trash can heavy too.

Autoplay

Reaction score
UPS just dropped off my printed owner's manual (took three tries ordering one - the Ram.com link finally worked) and my first thought was "dang this thing must be thick!" The UPS label showed it weighed almost 4 lbs.

Opened it up and FCA sent me the correct "All New 2019 Ram 1500" manual, a "2019 Ram 1500" DS Manual, and a 2019 warranty guide. Apparently they can't figure out which truck you have from the VIN so they're now shipping both manuals.

Made my trash can heavy too.

I too received both manuals,via mail/UPS. This was about a month ago. I did it through M0PARS site,and entered my VlN etc.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
I called yesterday to get my owners manual sent also so when it comes I hope it is right. I asked the rep to confirm they are sending me the kit which should include the separate UConnect manual for my 12in screen and she said it is free to dowload but there is a charge for that one and it is ordered thru techauthority.com.. on my 9th Ram and everyone before they sent me all the manuals. After buying a $70k truck one would think they wouldn't even suggest charging for the book.

Lablvr2

Reaction score
So just to update from my last post I got my owners manual yesterday and warranty book from FCA and they were the correct ones. Since techauthority could not get me the UConnect manual which was 300 pages I decided to just print it and put in a binder.

NYRAM

Reaction score
So thanks to this post I ordered my owners manual seems like some of you got the 19 classic manual. Well I got both

Attachments

• 393302B3-186A-4636-A147-9BD898F0EF1B.jpeg
    393302B3-186A-4636-A147-9BD898F0EF1B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 95104DF5-BFD1-4299-920D-DEBDD3B297B2.jpeg
    95104DF5-BFD1-4299-920D-DEBDD3B297B2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Jako

Reaction score
Update to post 33 and 46 - did receive the manual, eventually.

What is the story today? Still a hard copy? Does it come with the Ram or do you have to request it?

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My truck is one year old now and there have been 3 different manual versions. I accidently downloaded several copies over time and while searching for the manual to view it, I noticed the different editions of the download in the search results. That's why someone may say look at page 277, if you have a different version than that person the page numbers will not be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online