5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Longhorn Laramie Squealing Brakes

JDBob35a

Reaction score
So here we are again, its winter in Ohio and one year since I had the rear brake groan/squeal addressed by the dealer. All seemed to be well until wet, cold weather returned. Groan/squeal is back. I'll be making another appointment with the dealer to re-address what they "fixed" last winter.

Wish you luck, I'm in the same boat. Mine has been to the shop a grand total of 6 times for these brakes and they still sound horrible. The last two trips they say "We couldn't reproduce it".
I think there are three TSB about these brakes, mine has had the first two completed and did absolutely nothing to remedy it.
I'm going to try to remember to start a vid on my phone the next time it's rainy/cold and truck sits a day and see if they will accept that.

Nick54

Reaction score
Wish you luck, I'm in the same boat. Mine has been to the shop a grand total of 6 times for these brakes and they still sound horrible. The last two trips they say "We couldn't reproduce it".
I think there are three TSB about these brakes, mine has had the first two completed and did absolutely nothing to remedy it.
I'm going to try to remember to start a vid on my phone the next time it's rainy/cold and truck sits a day and see if they will accept that.
I know its not in keeping with the thread, but I sure would like to see some pics of exterior and interior of your truck.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So here we are again, its winter in Ohio and one year since I had the rear brake groan/squeal addressed by the dealer. All seemed to be well until wet, cold weather returned. Groan/squeal is back. I'll be making another appointment with the dealer to re-address what they "fixed" last winter.

Hello Nick54,
We regret to hear that your concern has returned. However, please keep us updated when you get this addressed by your dealer. If you need any additional assistance throughout that process, please feel free to reach back out. We're always happy to assist.
Laura
RamCares

Nick54

Reaction score
Hello Nick54,
We regret to hear that your concern has returned. However, please keep us updated when you get this addressed by your dealer. If you need any additional assistance throughout that process, please feel free to reach back out. We're always happy to assist.
Laura
RamCares
Hey Laura,
Thanks for reaching out, I will likely be contacting the dealer next week and will be sure to let you know if your assistance is needed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Laura,
Thanks for reaching out, I will likely be contacting the dealer next week and will be sure to let you know if your assistance is needed.

Thank you Nick54, we appreciate your update. Please reach back out if needed.
Laura
RamCares

41magmag41

Reaction score
Just curious if your back brakes sauel all the time?

My back brakes sequel first thing in the morning when backing up.
there is a TSB to address this very issue, rear brake squeal first thing in the morning backing up. Had mine done no more morning squeal.

Users who are viewing this thread