5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Discussion

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have owned two Sierra Denali's and came close to buying a third. The interior and the switch gear is like that in a $25K Chevy Silverado...very unimpressed and disappointed at that price point. In addition, the seats in the RAM are far more comfortable than the GMC. The interior of the RAM is like a BMW or an AUDI...the interior of the Denali is like...well a truck that goes back to the 1990's. Loving my loaded RAM Limited:D
I know exactly what you mean. That was my impression which is what closed my decision. I first spent the day looking at Sierra denalis and Silverados which look nice on the inside and felt like the upper-level truck. But then once I saw I ran and went back and sat in a Denali again it just felt very open and non ****pit like and very plastic. Was not impressed with the finishing touches it look like it was just a darker color dash and console of any Jeep entry or mid-level truck in their line. The ram definitely has that ****pit feel and luxurious auto look and feel. Nice to see others who see the same.

blkv3tt3

Reaction score
My wife has a Yukon Denali and both of us really like it. But when I was shopping and compared a Sierra Denali to a Ram Limited, there was no comparison. I bought the Ram. She says my Limited isn't a truck, it's a luxury car with a open trunk...I agree.
20181103_124235.jpg

JHerren

Reaction score
No I got the Ram bed extender, not the Ford one.

Attachments

• 35288D9C-7C07-450F-B3B8-2C2833411D63.jpeg
    35288D9C-7C07-450F-B3B8-2C2833411D63.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 77

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Nice Limited. So what's you comparison of it to your old Denali? I was debating btw those 2 and went with the Ram.

So far in the first ~8000 miles, my RAM has been been terrific. The only thing I can say I miss is the 6.2 my GMC had. Otherwise the RAM rides much better, handles better, is easier to maneuver and park (even though it is longer), and has a transmission that doesn't shudder or clunk. The drivetrain smoothness is a huge upgrade not to mention the interior and tech. I looked at the new Denali and AT4 and I liked the AT4 a lot but so many features are still missing (Pano Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, coat hanger antenna, to name a few things). I've owned 5 GM trucks over the years and some have been very good but none of them compared to this RAM.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So far in the first ~8000 miles, my RAM has been been terrific. The only thing I can say I miss is the 6.2 my GMC had. Otherwise the RAM rides much better, handles better, is easier to maneuver and park (even though it is longer), and has a transmission that doesn't shudder or clunk. The drivetrain smoothness is a huge upgrade not to mention the interior and tech. I looked at the new Denali and AT4 and I liked the AT4 a lot but so many features are still missing (Pano Sunroof, Adaptive Cruise, coat hanger antenna, to name a few things). I've owned 5 GM trucks over the years and some have been very good but none of them compared to this RAM.
I'm at 6,000 in my Limited. Like you, I initially missed the sudden acceleration of my tuned 3.5L Raptor. Time and distance...all that has faded away. My truck has been terrific as well. What I never missed about the Ford, the constant rattle that came from my Pano. My headliner clips made noise when I first took delivery in the Ram, but that was very easily resolved. The Ford Pano has a design flaw. I know mine rattled, and I know of multiple friends that had theirs replaced under warranty that continued to rattle.

cobrar97

Reaction score
I'm at 6,000 in my Limited. Like you, I initially missed the sudden acceleration of my tuned 3.5L Raptor. Time and distance...all that has faded away. My truck has been terrific as well. What I never missed about the Ford, the constant rattle that came from my Pano. My headliner clips made noise when I first took delivery in the Ram, but that was very easily resolved. The Ford Pano has a design flaw. I know mine rattled, and I know of multiple friends that had theirs replaced under warranty that continued to rattle.

I'm just about to place an order for a Ram Limited this week. I've ALWAYS owned Fords...with my current truck being a 2016 F150 Limited. Additionally to the usual 3.5 Ecoboost, I had it tuned to the 450hp/500tq level. I test drove a Ram (and the interior is stunning)...I'm just really worried about the massive torque difference. Like you mentioned, I've had rattle issues with my Ford, I've had some 4x4 issues with the Ford, etc...and I'm just ready for something different, someone more up-to-date, etc. Being I've had for trucks for 15+ years now, I'm just really nervous about the change...and I feel like I'm cheating a little.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just about to place an order for a Ram Limited this week. I've ALWAYS owned Fords...with my current truck being a 2016 F150 Limited. Additionally to the usual 3.5 Ecoboost, I had it tuned to the 450hp/500tq level. I test drove a Ram (and the interior is stunning)...I'm just really worried about the massive torque difference. Like you mentioned, I've had rattle issues with my Ford, I've had some 4x4 issues with the Ford, etc...and I'm just ready for something different, someone more up-to-date, etc. Being I've had for trucks for 15+ years now, I'm just really nervous about the change...and I feel like I'm cheating a little.
I've never been "Brand" loyal. However, my previous 2 trucks were Raptors. I'm always nervous getting out of a relatively problem free vehicle for a new unknown. After 6000 miles though, my worries are gone. Had the same feeling when I left my 6.2 for the 3.5.

cobrar97

Reaction score
I've never been "Brand" loyal. However, my previous 2 trucks were Raptors. I'm always nervous getting out of a relatively problem free vehicle for a new unknown. After 6000 miles though, my worries are gone. Had the same feeling when I left my 6.2 for the 3.5.

Yes...I remember going from the 5.0 to the 3.5 some years ago. Best thing ever...just didn't know it at the time. Hoping this will be the same situation. If Ram had their engine specs up where they should be, I'd feel much better; but as my wife reminds me, it's a truck and not a race car.

FishNitro

Reaction score
I have owned two Sierra Denali's and came close to buying a third. The interior and the switch gear is like that in a $25K Chevy Silverado...very unimpressed and disappointed at that price point. In addition, the seats in the RAM are far more comfortable than the GMC. The interior of the RAM is like a BMW or an AUDI...the interior of the Denali is like...well a truck that goes back to the 1990's. Loving my loaded RAM Limited:D
I know exactly what you mean. That was my impression which is what closed my decision. I first spent the day looking at Sierra denalis and Silverados which look nice on the inside and felt like the upper-level truck. But then once I saw I ran and went back and sat in a Denali again it just felt very open and non ****pit like and very plastic. Was not impressed with the finishing touches it look like it was just a darker color dash and console of any Jeep entry or mid-level truck in their line. The ram definitely has that ****pit feel and luxurious auto look and feel. Nice to see others who see the same.

I agree those assessments. I came out of a 2014 LTZ Silverado, the only difference between that and the Denali/High Country is the logos embroidered in the seats. I test drove the 2019 Denali and it seems to me like they made it more plasticky than my 2014 was.

The Ram Limited i own now is in an entirely different class, the interior is every bit as nice if not nicer than my wifes new Acura RDX advance. It blows the Denali out of the water. It also rides significantly better too, my Wife even commented that it rides better than her Acura.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife informed me this past weekend that my truck rides better than her new Overland Grand Cherokee. We bought them on the same day.

pinkerton

Reaction score
I agree those assessments. I came out of a 2014 LTZ Silverado, the only difference between that and the Denali/High Country is the logos embroidered in the seats. I test drove the 2019 Denali and it seems to me like they made it more plasticky than my 2014 was.

The Ram Limited i own now is in an entirely different class, the interior is every bit as nice if not nicer than my wifes new Acura RDX advance. It blows the Denali out of the water. It also rides significantly better too, my Wife even commented that it rides better than her Acura.
Did your LTZ have magnetic ride control? I was torn between the Denali (with MRC) and the Ram (having air-ride). I chose the RAM because of the interior (like you guys) but still feel like MRC is the best shock absorber on the market.

SRRouse

Reaction score
Check the map version. I bought a 2019 in December and map was quite dated.

myram2019

Reaction score
I ordered the truck with the MOPAR factory tonneau cover included.
Did you install it yet. Mine was super tough to slide in and the top cover locks barely grabs the rails. If i slide the cover a little to the side it opens. Is there an adjustment ?

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
Did you install it yet. Mine was super tough to slide in and the top cover locks barely grabs the rails. If i slide the cover a little to the side it opens. Is there an adjustment ?

The cover was installed upon delivery. I’ve taken it off and on a few times and had no trouble securing it. The brackets are movable and can be adjusted along the rails for proper fit.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone if the Limiteds come with the LED lights in the cab and bed? I see everyone else is changing them in the other models but something made me think the Limited came with the LED bulbs stock. Anyone know?

klail

Reaction score
Does anyone if the Limiteds come with the LED lights in the cab and bed? I see everyone else is changing them in the other models but something made me think the Limited came with the LED bulbs stock. Anyone know?
I am pretty sure the limitless have LEDs inside and out. Can someone else confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online