5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Discussion

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did your LTZ have magnetic ride control? I was torn between the Denali (with MRC) and the Ram (having air-ride). I chose the RAM because of the interior (like you guys) but still feel like MRC is the best shock absorber on the market.

The best shock absorber is the air ride suspension in the Limited!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was under the same impression until I rode in my Employer's 2018 Escalade, MRC does not ride as smooth or a quietly as my air ride. There is a thud throughout the vehicle when he goes over bumps here in Detroit. And, without doubt, The 2017 Raptor has the best shock absorbers on the market. You cannot tow as much, but it handles bumps in the road better than any other truck I've ever owned. Both my 2011 and 2017 were the smoothest trucks.

Last edited:

Brady_SS

Reaction score
My previous GMC had MRC and the RAM air suspension rides better overall. I do think MRC contributed to better handling when changing lanes and such with less body roll.

FishNitro

Reaction score
Did your LTZ have magnetic ride control? I was torn between the Denali (with MRC) and the Ram (having air-ride). I chose the RAM because of the interior (like you guys) but still feel like MRC is the best shock absorber on the market.

No i don't believe the 2014 had MRC as an option. Either way i would not have had it since i had the max tow pack which had special springs and shocks.

FWIW the factory shocks on that truck were horrible and i ended up putting Bilstein 5100's on it.

UnLimited

Reaction score
I'm glad most seem to be problem free, Limited's, I have a laundry list. I won't share until I have final resolution with the dealer. With just under 6k miles and today is its 19th day in the shop. I was told today, it will be next week before I see it again.

timmbos

Reaction score
I absolutely love my new Limited. Unfortunately I only put 160 miles on it before it put itself in limp mode with all kinds of crazy warning lights and chimes going on. Luckily this happened in my driveway. The truck would not go over 10 mph with the pedal to the floor. If you want to follow the outcome.....click the link below. I'm not the original poster.....but my symptoms are exactly the same. However I could not simply clear the codes with my code reader and drive. The second I cleared them they came right back. Had to call Ram Roadside assistance yesterday morning for a tow from the house to the dealer. They think they've narrowed it down to the PCM so they ordered one overnight. Should be here today I hope. I'm a mechanic myself and something tells me it's something other than the PCM. They rarely go bad this early. We shall see. Probably a bad ground or harness connection somewhere. However, hoping it is the PCM. Quick and simple.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...disappointed-cannot-drive-code-overload.4301/

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So what brand are the tires on the limited stock 20-in all season. When I built my truck it only listed the size but not the brand. Wondering what they look like and how good they will be on beach sand. Would love to see some pictures of the tread and weather there goodyears or BF Goodrich or something else it's tough to tell from pictures because everybody seems to have something different

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
So what brand are the tires on the limited stock 20-in all season. When I built my truck it only listed the size but not the brand. Wondering what they look like and how good they will be on beach sand. Would love to see some pictures of the tread and weather there goodyears or BF Goodrich or something else it's tough to tell from pictures because everybody seems to have something different

I believe Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza’s are on the majority of of 2019 stock Ram’s. This is a narrow tire which is not ideal for sand/heavy snow. You will want something wider or with an aggressive tread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tysmith

Reaction score
Maybe not Limited specific, but I read somewhere that 22" wheel equipped trucks have different (larger) unit bearings on the front. Anybody know if this is actually the case? I think it was in a lift thread where I saw that.

Anyway, patiently waiting for truck to arrive at dealer. Inbound dealer order, with 22's. Going to see if they will swap to 20's with one of the other Limited trucks they have on the lot. All of their dealer stock Limited trucks with 6'4" beds have the 22's, and while they look nice, I want 20s and more sidewall.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do agree the 22's could use a bit more sidewall profile. Just for esthetic reasons. The ride with the stock tires is fine. Just looks for me. If I still have the truck when it needs tires, I will look at going to the next size larger.

Users who are viewing this thread