5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Discussion

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to start a thread that covers just the limited models as mine should be delivered in a week.

Just wanting to know what things to look for before I take delivery and things to look for afterwards.

Any issues folks are having, mods, etc.

klail

Reaction score
Great question! Now, when you go through my list, just know, I LOVE my truck and am nothing but happy to have it, however, I am really particular and notice small details. They do not bug me day to day but I know they are there. I can upload pictures when I get off work if you'd like.

-Tiny chip in the hood paint above the grill. (Probably from a test drive which shouldn't be a problem for yours)
-Swirls in the paint caused by the dealerships cleaning method. (They will polish if you ask them to)
-Panoramic sun roof drains not properly installed by the factory. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/faq-sunroof-drains.4338/
-Slight scratch on the chrome of the mirror housing. Noticeable on close inspection when I wash it. Not deep but about 1 inch long.
-Trim on the dash does not align perfect. I will take a picture when I'm off work.

This is all that I can think of right now. I will add more if items as they come up.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just look it over very well for EVERYTHING cosmetic...paint, chrome, scratched interior trim, headliner, etc. Have them set the correct tire pressure too before you leave and don't leave without your FULL tank of complimentary gas!

They can't sell the vehicle if it has not had all of the recalls done, but with yours being new, you should have no issues related to recalls or outstanding TSB's.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
I agree with “security guy” and would add that if you want to avoid swirl marks from the dealership, ask them not to clean your truck. They simply hosed mine off to detect scratches or defects, and cleaned only the interior for me.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Great question! Now, when you go through my list, just know, I LOVE my truck and am nothing but happy to have it, however, I am really particular and notice small details. They do not bug me day to day but I know they are there. I can upload pictures when I get off work if you'd like.

-Tiny chip in the hood paint above the grill. (Probably from a test drive which shouldn't be a problem for yours)
-Swirls in the paint caused by the dealerships cleaning method. (They will polish if you ask them to)
-Panoramic sun roof drains not properly installed by the factory. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/faq-sunroof-drains.4338/
-Slight scratch on the chrome of the mirror housing. Noticeable on close inspection when I wash it. Not deep but about 1 inch long.
-Trim on the dash does not align perfect. I will take a picture when I'm off work.

This is all that I can think of right now. I will add more if items as they come up.

I’m very anal about my vehicles and notice things some folks would not. Great info and thanks

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
Just look it over very well for EVERYTHING cosmetic...paint, chrome, scratched interior trim, headliner, etc. Have them set the correct tire pressure too before you leave and don't leave without your FULL tank of complimentary gas!

They can't sell the vehicle if it has not had all of the recalls done, but with yours being new, you should have no issues related to recalls or outstanding TSB's.

For the price of the truck it better have a full tank. My 2018 did not but then again that dealer is scum which I outlined on my site..

https://kreatif-networking.com/mykeenedodgeexperience

macallien

Reaction score
I agree with “security guy” and would add that if you want to avoid swirl marks from the dealership, ask them not to clean your truck. They simply hosed mine off to detect scratches or defects, and cleaned only the interior for me.
never ever let them wash it!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Did the dealer make all or any of these right? What did you do about them??

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So lets see some pics! Would love to see everyone's Limited. Especially the unicorns - Limited with Ramboxes!!!

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
Here's a couple ...

Attachments

• EFB12E3F-65F9-4B80-899A-A4CD201CD73A.png
    EFB12E3F-65F9-4B80-899A-A4CD201CD73A.png
    928.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 150C5452-4503-43F2-A3F0-35A7202D2F0C.png
    150C5452-4503-43F2-A3F0-35A7202D2F0C.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 146

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a USB cable, verify all ports work properly, mine were constantly switching from off to on (non-stop). Look over paint, hit all buttons, look at sunroof drains between bed and cab. Verify you have the mirrors you actually want. Enjoy your truck

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
I’m going to get another Ultra Flex cover and I’d like to wrap all the chrome. Wish I could have got the sport look with the Limited trim...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

klail

Reaction score
Did the dealer make all or any of these right? What did you do about them??
The chip is still in the hood because they don’t have touch up paint in my color.
The swirls, I didn’t trust them so I paid a detailed to polish and apply a ceramic coating to protect. I didn’t notice the mirror chrome scratch until 1 week later and the dealer said too bad that wasn’t there fault. The inside trim I will bring up when I get the recall taken care of. I’m sure they will fix it.
Sunroof drains they fixed on a separate visit. Took them 15 minutes.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a dumb question. What exactly makes a “LIMITED” limited? Is it a limited edition? Seems like 75% on this forum has one.

JHerren

Reaction score
Here’s my Limited w ram boxes and a Retrax MX Pro retractable cover. Also got my dealer to give me the attachment points for the bed extender. Came from an Ecoboost Platnium and this truck is everything that one was and more!

Attachments

• 4C5D3C7E-8EE3-4881-B464-30928C3C9ED8.jpeg
    4C5D3C7E-8EE3-4881-B464-30928C3C9ED8.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 119

myram2019

Reaction score
I see the first mod everyone dose is TINT the front side glass. I did mine too 15% and the windshield 55%. Helps with glare and night driving.

Users who are viewing this thread