5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Another option is the Undercover Ultra Flex which I had installed on my truck.

How do you like your cover so far. Right now I have a BakFlip F1 on my 2017 Ram 1500 which is ok. I don't like two things. The first is the durability of the panel finish. Second is the way BakFlip rests against the cab in the bull open position. How do you like the Undercover full open position? Does it seam sturdy in this position? Can you stand on it in the open position like you can with the BakFlip?

loucigar

Reaction score
I have the Gator on my 5'7" bed. It seems to be really good quality and fits perfect. It came with a tailgate seal, but I haven't installed that part. I have had no water getting in the bed of my truck and I haven't had any trouble opening or closing my tailgate with the cover down. I have had a few covers on different trucks and for a soft cover, this is the best one I have had so far.

Garevalo7457

Reaction score
I ordered a MX4 from Morrie today, no ram box was 799.88. No tax and free shipping, had to go with it. Lol, my truck is still sitting in “built, pending inspection”.
How are ya'll getting for that price, I'm seeing it at $929 in every website

Chris

Reaction score
How are ya'll getting for that price, I'm seeing it at $929 in every website
You have to contact them (email, chat, phone, etc); they are not allowed to advertise prices below a certain value, but they can still sell below that value.

I called the number for Truck Alterations and got a quote of $735 with free shipping for the MX4, placed my order over the phone and received it the next week.

buck1969

Reaction score
Hi, New to the site. I just ordered and received a hard folding cover from my mopar dealer. Im thinking he ordered the wrong cover. The part number I was looking for was the 82215227ab. What I got was 82211297AD. This is the one with a lock on top and looks like you have to unlock it to open the tailgate. Anyone have ideas? I don't really want to drill my tailgate to mount he latch for it.

VenomBee

Reaction score
I just installed the Gator Tri-fold. It’s soft but I like it. Fit really well.

A10

Reaction score
I ordered the undercover armorflex. After a ton of research I narrowed it down to the undercover and the bakflip mx4.
I ended up going with the undercover because I liked how it folded up and locked into place at a 90 degree angle instead of leaning up against the cab. I was worried that any rubbing would be bad for the truck while you are driving at highway speeds.
You can also take the entire cover off the back of the truck when you loosen two big clamps by hand on the underside of the cover near the front of the cover. I didn’t realize this until after I received the cover.
Got it on sale for 800 free shipping and no tax from tonneaucoversworld it definitely paid off waiting for the sale.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the undercover armorflex. After a ton of research I narrowed it down to the undercover and the bakflip mx4.
I ended up going with the undercover because I liked how it folded up and locked into place at a 90 degree angle instead of leaning up against the cab. I was worried that any rubbing would be bad for the truck while you are driving at highway speeds.
You can also take the entire cover off the back of the truck when you loosen two big clamps by hand on the underside of the cover near the front of the cover. I didn’t realize this until after I received the cover.
Got it on sale for 800 free shipping and no tax from tonneaucoversworld it definitely paid off waiting for the sale.

Just for info..... The Bakflip mx4 / Ram branded Bakflip does NOT lean against the cab paint. It touches the rear window with a piece of foam.

Not saying the undercover is bad, just trying to nix the misinformation about the Bakflip.

Copasetic

Reaction score
This is good to know. The place I called today recommended the Revolver over the MX4 due to it not blocking your window (per them.) But if it is junk I don't want it.

I have a Revolver X4 on a ‘14 Limited and it’s been great. Taking delivery on a ‘19 Longhorn tomorrow and putting a new X4 on it Monday.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know. How does yours do in the winter? What is the climate where you live? The last thing I need is to try and access the back during hunting season in December and have it be frozen up.

I have to wait and see what is available anyway for the ramboxes at the end of next week. Looks like most things are temporarily on hold per Morrie.

GeoZ

Reaction score
Hi all. Thinking of ordering the bakflip mx4 cover. I have the ram rails and the divider that can side back and forth. (Non ram box bed) does anyone know if the bakflip can be installed on mine? Or I need to take the divider and the rails off? Thanks

Icecold77

Reaction score
I put on the Extang Trifecta 2.0, better than the last 10 tonnuea covers I've bought by a mile.. wasnt cheap, but built rock solid. I got mine for $400 delivered.

ponypride

Reaction score
Here are the pictures after the MX4 installation.

Attachments

• IMG_1628.JPG
    IMG_1628.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 215

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online