5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

slivoman

Reaction score
^^^^^^ Yup, he quoted me $735 shipped. I asked via their email. I placed my order.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just received info that the Stealth Cover (LineX branded MX4 by Bak) is scheduled for production the week of the 17th, and should ship towards the end of the month.

Ksilva211

Reaction score
I've never paid attention to weight capacity on them. Didn't know there was a difference. I'd never attempt to put anything on them or stand on it. The panels dent pretty easy. I put small dents in my old ones when I would fold and remove them. The dents were from the metal loops that have been replaced with the plastic clips now. If you drop a wrench from maybe 6" I'm pretty sure you'd dent a panel. I went with Mopar in the event I have a warranty concern I can handle it with my local dealer rather than dealing with Bakflip direct. A warranty claim is pretty unlikely, though.
You can't make a bad decision with either one.
Where did you get this cover from if you don’t mind my asking

Ksilva211

Reaction score
This is the part # 82215227AB .

My dealer had 5 in stock when I bought mine in July.
Awesome. Thanks!!! Just for the heck of it where are you located? I’m wondering if we are close because I will just go to your dealer if so

Jlast55

Reaction score
I ordered a MX4 from Morrie today, no ram box was 799.88. No tax and free shipping, had to go with it. Lol, my truck is still sitting in “built, pending inspection”.
How do I get in touch with this Morrie guy to order the MX4 for this price?

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I think his number is listed in this thread a few pages back. But if my notes are correct, it is 800-653-7087, Ext 704

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
What dutchman187 said, or go online to Tonneaufactoryoutlet.com and Morrie will be in the chat section.

Northeast16SS

Reaction score
I was all set on the MX4, but this Undercover Ultra flex is pretty slick. I like the prop rods that keep it off the back of the truck. Anyone ever have experience with both?

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Reaction score
I was all set on the MX4, but this Undercover Ultra flex is pretty slick. I like the prop rods that keep it off the back of the truck. Anyone ever have experience with both?
Looks good, never used the Ultra flex. Just put my MX4 on yesterday, went on as easy as the video, maybe 40 minutes.
Tested it this morning going 80 down the freeway, it never moved, looked the same as when I put it on.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still waiting on my MX4, guess the rambox version is still not ready to ship yet

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still waiting on my MX4, guess the rambox version is still not ready to ship yet

The LineX branded mx4 for ramboxes is scheduled to ship to my local place in two to three weeks per an email I received this morning.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like my truck will beat the cover. I would have given odds the other way :rolleyes:

GreyGoat

Reaction score
Quick question for those of you that have installed the MX4. Where did you run the drain hoses? I'm going to install mine this weekend, and was wondering if the ports high in the bed by the stake holders is too high to allow the water to drain properly. Looking through this thread it appears some people have the drains running to the bottom of the rear bed wall (nearest the cab), but I don't see any way to run the drain there without drilling through the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread