5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

ScooterB

Reaction score
I was going to get the OEM one but can't even order it yet. Went with the Peragon cover. Best part is if you are military (active or retired) you get the upgrade for free. Should be here is a couple of weeks. Going on a 2109 Laramie with the short bed.

justintx

Reaction score
I was going to get the OEM one but can't even order it yet. Went with the Peragon cover. Best part is if you are military (active or retired) you get the upgrade for free. Should be here is a couple of weeks. Going on a 2109 Laramie with the short bed.

I was looking seriously at the Peragon… I really like the looks and a couple of other things about it, but in the end the design seemed flawed to me for what I want my cover to be.
1) Any cargo you have in the bed must allow room towards the cab to be able to open the cover.
2) The big one to me is I want to try and keep the cargo as dry as possible. The following video review is what convinced me to take it off my list... pay close attention at 1:58... he opens the cover and all the water beaded ontop of the cover rolls into the bed...
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...0B0F6C51054CFB0F4B6F0B0F6C51054C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Just my 2 cents

ponypride

Reaction score
I think my final decision is to go with the Bak MX4 hard cover at $738. I really like the Line-X cover but it is ~$950 installed and I can't justify the price difference.

ponypride

Reaction score
Which Line-X cover are you referring
I don't have the model, but it is the aluminum black hard cover they sell. I really liked it. The latches seemed very sturdy. The price was just very high.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which Line-X cover are you referring to please ?

The LineX stealth is exactly the same Mx4, but with the added benefit of a lifetime warranty. There was no difference in price at the place I ordered from.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't paid yet as she had to order it. But I believe it was right at 1K. I do have Ramboxes, which bumps the price up I think 60 bucks or so.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I can't even get my 2019 Rebel and you have a 2109 Laramie already:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Socks

Reaction score
I went through the comments to check for pictures but didn't find any. Forgive me for not reading all 7 pages of comments. So apologies if it's already been requested but if anyone gets a MX4 with rambox installed. Please post some clear images of how well the cover seats with the ram boxes open and closed. Thank you.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went through the comments to check for pictures but didn't find any. Forgive me for not reading all 7 pages of comments. So apologies if it's already been requested but if anyone gets a MX4 with rambox installed. Please post some clear images of how well the cover seats with the ram boxes open and closed. Thank you.

The rambox version of the mx4 will go into production on September 24 per a previous poster above I believe. There are a couple of sets of pictures of the non-rambox version on this thread by @202snowman and @ryelinek

XDBrad

Reaction score
Has anyone taken a look at the hard trifold that Rough Country has? No idea of the quality but $599.99 and free shipping...

Socks

Reaction score
The rambox version of the mx4 will go into production on September 24 per a previous poster above I believe. There are a couple of sets of pictures of the non-rambox version on this thread by @202snowman and @ryelinek
There we go. This is totally the response I was hoping for. Thanks for being a valued member of the forum, at least to me. Keep up the good work. I'll be back in a month to check on the updates. Still not enough ram boxes on the streets.

rudyyoko

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have never had a soft cover on my trucks, does it flap at highway speeds?

Mine seems to be pretty tight. I'm sure there's a little bit of movement as air hits it, but if it does, I cannot tell (or hear it).

Mrdlbrowntx

Reaction score
Anyone looking to buy a new Tonneau Cover, now is a good time. Pretty much every on-line seller is running a Labor Day Sale. Also don’t be shy about negotiation with them during an on-line chat sesion. I ordered my UnderCover Armor Flex for $50 less than what the sale price was. Final price; tax free and free shipping was $849.15. You may even be able to get it cheaper if you try, the trick is, you don’t get what you don’t ask for so just ask, the worst thing they can do is say no.

rudyyoko

Reaction score
Mine seems to be pretty tight. I'm sure there's a little bit of movement as air hits it, but if it does, I cannot tell (or hear it).
Thanks, I ordered the American hard Tri Fold tonneau part number 76209. Seemed like the best compromise for configuration that I could find. I will post pictures when I get it installed.

2019Beast

Reaction score
I've been looking for a folding tonneau cover for my 2019 Limited. It looks like the OEM offered, BAKFlip and Gator are all the same except for the price. Does anyone else think the same?
Also, are there any RealTruck reps on this Forum?
Thanks in advanced!
Justintx
The Mopar tried fold is made by back flip, but told it had Mopar monogram. Mopar has a 15%coupon if you sign on to their site. May save more than going with bakflip or gator. Plus heard the warranty is longer on the Mopar one.

spitz38

Reaction score
I think my final decision is to go with the Bak MX4 hard cover at $738. I really like the Line-X cover but it is ~$950 installed and I can't justify the price difference.
Do you mind sharing where the $738 quote is from? Morrie from Tonneaufactoryoutlet quoting $799. I hadn't seen anything better until your post.

Users who are viewing this thread