5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Folding Tonneau Cover: OEM vs BakFlip vs Gator

ryelinek

Reaction score
Still looking at the MX4 myself, but I'm weighing the fact that the Mopar version (G2 w/ 3yr warranty and tailgate closing) I can get delivered for ~$750.
Did you get any kind of a deal??
There was someone on here or another forum that said they got an MX4 for about $1000 with a free BAKbox.... I asked him how he managed to get that deal, but he never replied.

Mine is going to be 936 plus install included for the MX4 which I’m happy with. Not sure how great of a deal that really is since I didn’t research prices a ton.

Wife wants to do a road trip soon so I needed to get this purchased and it seemed reasonable to me price wise.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
I had a G2 and I needed to lift the cover a smidge to close the tailgate. Great cover, 0 leaks. Only thing I wasn't fond of is blocking the rear window completely.

Does anyone have experience with Peragon covers?

Reaction score
I just had the Bakflip Revolver X4 put on the other day and it was complete junk. The seals looked aweful and the side rails would not sit in the correct position to allow the bed to close. After an hour of the guys messing with it I told them to rip the thing out. They then said the last couple they installed have given them trouble. I am going with the Truxedo Sentry now, getting it put on tonight. Hopefully this goes way better

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 is what I'll be ordering next week. I have the G2 now and I guess I'm getting lazy and tired of reminding everyone that goes to close the tailgate to release and hold the rear of the tonneau up.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bakflip MX4 is what I'll be ordering next week. I have the G2 now and I guess I'm getting lazy and tired of reminding everyone that goes to close the tailgate to release and hold the rear of the tonneau up.

I've got one on order myself. If you haven't settled on a vendor yet, try tonneau factory outlet. This is where I bought mine...good customer service and good price (i paid $860 for the RAMbox version)

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
Do anyone know how good the tonneau cover is from the factory and how it operates? Also when I ordered my truck it said tri fold tonneau cover, do anybody has pictures of the cover from the factory? If so please show his it folds. The tonneau covers I have seen looks like the roll up type and not tri fold.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Dude why does every house match in that picture? lol

Lol. In Northern Virginia and a lot of other areas all new construction homes are pretty cookie cutter. Developers typically give you 6-10 different floor plans to choose from and most have a similar style. You just choose what options you want then.

A LOT of the houses people built here are near identical to the model home so they look similar. I guess it was too hard to make your own choices for some people. My wife and I built our house last year and in the ENTIRE development we are one of only two brick houses. It’s kinda crazy. I will say though that the street across from us for lord knows what reason they all picked the SAME grey color scheme for the exterior of their houses. That particular row across from us does look way too similar. I’m surprised the builder allowed it because they typically want to alter the color so no two are the same side by side.

When I go to sell though I know I won’t have a problem as we built this one specd our right.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had my mx4 on order for a month, not really worried that it has not arrived yet, it is for rambox. As I don’t have a truck, and probably won’t for at least a month, they can take their time:rolleyes:

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have had my mx4 on order for a month, not really worried that it has not arrived yet, it is for rambox. As I don’t have a truck, and probably won’t for at least a month, they can take their time:rolleyes:

I contacted tonneau cover outlet about my order also for the rambox yesterday. They told me to expect it to ship from Bak next week.

justintx

Reaction score
I had a G2 and I needed to lift the cover a smidge to close the tailgate. Great cover, 0 leaks. Only thing I wasn't fond of is blocking the rear window completely.

Does anyone have experience with Peragon covers?
I was looking at those, but the thing that made me take it off the list was a customer video. The guy was talking about how he installed it, then it rained really hard. While he was talking about how great it did in the rain, he opened it with a bunch of water still beaded on top, all the water on top of the cover promptly rolled off into the bed. I don't want to have to worry about hand drying the cover after it rains if I don't want my cargo to get wet.

justintx

Reaction score

Just FYI, check out my post #9 in this thread. The Mopar version is the G2 with the ability to open/close tailgate with tonneau down.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
I put the Undercover Ultra Flex on my 19 Limited and it is very nice. Can open and close the tailgate without opening the cover. Also has the bed rug material on the underside of the cover and when fully open doesn’t set agianst the back glass. Has a 5 year warranty also.

tdwilli1

Reaction score
I put the Undercover Ultra Flex on my 19 Limited and it is very nice. Can open and close the tailgate without opening the cover. Also has the bed rug material on the underside of the cover and when fully open doesn’t set agianst the back glass. Has a 5 year warranty also.

Any chance to see how water tight it is?

ryelinek

Reaction score
So we had a massive rain storm last night. Like there was a Sh*t Ton of rain for Virginia. I checked on the truck bed since I got the MX4 on earlier in the week. Some water had gotten in for sure via a smaller drip on the rail somewhere and a little in the back.

To me it’s hard to expect 100% perfection and I’m not upset over it. I am going to take the truck back to the installer tomorrow after chatting with them so they can check it out. That way they can see if they can maybe fix a problem area or two. Overall I would have been pleased with the monsoon type rain we had compared to what actually made it in the truck bed.

alow

Reaction score
I picked up a Tyger trifold for about 240 and its doing well currently. We wont get rain until september so heres to hoping but after washing the truck and spraying down the cover I didnt notice any leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread