5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 F150 Limited

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cant say the F150 limited was ever in my sights, but if the Platinum had an interior anywhere near the Ram, I would have been an owner most likely. Huge fan of Ford and the overall exterior look of the F150 but cant stand the center console, rear seats and lack of storage. Additionally, would have been a 5.0 Platinum like others have said, just a huge fan of starting the V8 and sounds like our time to enjoy big displacement engines is dwindling. With that said, im glad I didn't buy an f150 earlier this year, could not be happier with my Ram.
My thoughts exactly!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, Ram has never ceased to stop crushing the competition. In 1989 they put an industrial motor in a pickup (Cummins), In 1994 they build the best Gas motor in a pickup (488 cu in torque monster), 2003 they brought out the modern HEMI, 2005 they slam a viper drivetrain into a pickup, since then they have kinda been in concept mode as dodge (challenger) has got the glory with the hellcat and Demon. Charger is about to get its time in the sun. And we all know that a 6.2 l supercharged TRX is coming, a rumored 7.0l truck engine, and if you look at the concepts, a street dominator is on its way.

All this in a pickup, needed...not at all...wanted...by just abut everyone.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry, Ram has never ceased to stop crushing the competition. In 1989 they put an industrial motor in a pickup (Cummins), In 1994 they build the best Gas motor in a pickup (488 cu in torque monster), 2003 they brought out the modern HEMI, 2005 they slam a viper drivetrain into a pickup, since then they have kinda been in concept mode as dodge (challenger) has got the glory with the hellcat and Demon. Charger is about to get its time in the sun. And we all know that a 6.2 l supercharged TRX is coming, a rumored 7.0l truck engine, and if you look at the concepts, a street dominator is on its way.

All this in a pickup, needed...not at all...wanted...by just abut everyone.
The move to Cummins may be the best decision Dodge ever made. Love your Dodge Magnum 8.0 (488 ci V10), but my LS-based Chevy Vortec 8.1 (496 ci V8) was even better...more HP, torque, and attached to an Allison transmission (speaking of 'industrial' components). Very interested in watching the current-generation horsepower war. Will it be the last?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The move to Cummins may be the best decision Dodge ever made. Love your Dodge Magnum 8.0 (488 ci V10), but my LS-based Chevy Vortec 8.1 (496 ci V8) was even better...more HP, torque, and attached to an Allison transmission (speaking of 'industrial' components). Very interested in watching the current-generation horsepower war. Will it be the last?

I do not disagree that your 8.1 is definitely more powerful and we share a similar torque curve. But in the post I mentioned the leaps Ram made, so in 1994 and until 2001 Ram bested Chevy. Unfortunately when your Vortec was released, Ram was about to discontinue the V10...which as you stated with the transmission behind your 8.1...the V10 was left to hang as Ram didn't have a transmission for it (and why mine is mated to a manual). Unfortunately transmission capacity and Cummins urban legend ruined a 2nd Generation of V10...but if you follow course of the viper...it would have been a fun time.

I sure hope the horsepower wars continue...and I sure hope soon Ram gets the jump it needs (maybe the in line 6 twin turbo we have heard about)

But i guess in 2001 Chevy bested Ram and hopefully in 2020 Ram bests the world just like in 1994

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the 18 refresh. The interior though compared to the Ram needs some work. Im really surprised Ford hasn't done more to make the interior more luxurious. Especially on this and the Platinum trim. There really is not much difference in an XLT and higher trim. When You sit in a base Ram versus a Limited you really feel you stepped up. Put leather in an XLT and its hard to find much difference.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like the 18 refresh. The interior though compared to the Ram needs some work. Im really surprised Ford hasn't done more to make the interior more luxurious. Especially on this and the Platinum trim. There really is not much difference in an XLT and higher trim. When You sit in a base Ram versus a Limited you really feel you stepped up. Put leather in an XLT and its hard to find much difference.
In some ways, the King Ranch feels more premium...simply because the color and branding of the interior are more unique. Maybe the ‘19 Limited leather color will feel higher-end, but the dash styling still feels a bit like a Tonka toy to me.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Exactly, my wife and I have a Platinum Expedition EL, our neighbors have a fully loaded XLT Expedition EL. The interiors are exactly the same! What the heck:unsure:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/