5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 F150 Limited

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow...when I ordered my Ram, it was because I thought it was a better overall package than the F-150 Limited. Now it might be a race to see which is first to arrive...the truck I ordered in May or a 2019 F-150 Limited on a dealer lot...

Kramersp

Reaction score
Wow...when I ordered my Ram, it was because I thought it was a better overall package than the F-150 Limited. Now it might be a race to see which is first to arrive...the truck I ordered in May or a 2019 F-150 Limited on a dealer lot...
I'll trade a little leather and a big screen for 55 more hp and 100tq more any day of the week.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a damn nice truck. Not sure I'd keep rear tires on it very long...

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw that earlier, definitely a nice upgrade giving the Limited the Raptor engine.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I wouldn't want a truck that sounds like a duck farting. Kidding aside that is a nice amount of power/torque. Mildly surprised they added dual exhaust. Probably a good way to inexpensively pull buyers back towards the F150 away from Ram while also being able to ask an arm and a leg for the extra power.

Kramersp

Reaction score
I wouldn't want a truck that sounds like a duck farting. Kidding aside that is a nice amount of power/torque. Mildly surprised they added dual exhaust. Probably a good way to inexpensively pull buyers back towards the F150 away from Ram while also being able to ask an arm and a leg for the extra power.
I believe the dual exhaust is an extended version of the Raptor's. And it may sound like a duck fart, and you'll hear plenty of that noise while it blows your doors off and is 6 car lengths in front of you. When I get my Ram, I ain't racing anyone.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Cant say I've ever had the desire to drag race anyone in a truck nor own a small displacement turbo motor. Sounds like that's your cup of tea, so by all means this F150 is the truck for you. If i was in the market for a platinum/limited F150, I'd still want to option the 5.0.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Cant say I've ever had the desire to drag race anyone in a truck nor own a small displacement turbo motor. Sounds like that's your cup of tea, so by all means this F150 is the truck for you. If i was in the market for a platinum/limited F150, I'd still want to option the 5.0.
Lol. I cant afford that. I really want the ram I ordered

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Nothing against the Ford (love the power numbers) but come on, they need to upgrade the interior already!
The interior design has only been around since 2014... It's not that old in actual years, but it didnt age particularly well IMO. Still better than GM.

Phoon

Reaction score
The ram is a much nicer package from a ride quality, interior and comfort perspective. I never feel like the hemi and 8 speed combo is lacking power but it would be nice....bring on the 426 or even the 392 !!! I have driven the current 2018 ecoboost and didnt care for it compared to the ram powertrain, 510 is a lot of torque though.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Personally i've only had short experience with a 1st gen 3.5 ecoboost. I know they are fast, but i do not drag race, and my old hemi with only 345 hp/375 tq with 3.92s isn't lacking in power IMO for daily driving or towing in the midwest. That said i'm a NA, big displacement guy so I'm dying for the 6.4 to get into the 1500. A second or few tenths faster 0-60 means absolutely nothing to me in a pickup truck. If i lived at high elevation and towed maybe i'd be driving an ecoboost but still doubt it.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cant say the F150 limited was ever in my sights, but if the Platinum had an interior anywhere near the Ram, I would have been an owner most likely. Huge fan of Ford and the overall exterior look of the F150 but cant stand the center console, rear seats and lack of storage. Additionally, would have been a 5.0 Platinum like others have said, just a huge fan of starting the V8 and sounds like our time to enjoy big displacement engines is dwindling. With that said, im glad I didn't buy an f150 earlier this year, could not be happier with my Ram.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it grates on me too much, I suppose I could always swap in a blown crate 392 someday. (Wishful thinking ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online