5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bed Light Kit Install Question

Encswsm

Reaction score

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Bought and installed the Mopar bed light kit, and if I was going to do it again, I'd find a different light kit. Truck isn't pre-wired for the kit, lights aren't bright enough, and the instructions for the connections under the steering column didn't match up with my truck. I'd rather have LED strips under the bed rails.

Encswsm

Reaction score
Bought and installed the Mopar bed light kit, and if I was going to do it again, I'd find a different light kit. Truck isn't pre-wired for the kit, lights aren't bright enough, and the instructions for the connections under the steering column didn't match up with my truck. I'd rather have LED strips under the bed rails.
Do you think if I pinned in a different light system into the pin locations you used for your MOPAR light system they would work like the MOPAR lights

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Do you think if I pinned in a different light system into the pin locations you used for your MOPAR light system they would work like the MOPAR lights
Just check the pins with a test light, usually led's don't matter which way they're connected (in terms of positive/negative) so as long as one is 12 volt and the other is ground it should work fine.

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Just check the pins with a test light, usually led's don't matter which way they're connected (in terms of positive/negative) so as long as one is 12 volt and the other is ground it should work fine.

While you’re completely right, they’re still not bright enough. I liked the stock look in a stock location, but like I said, I’d rather have the brightness of an under rail LED kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan2929

Reaction score
While you’re completely right, they’re still not bright enough. I liked the stock look in a stock location, but like I said, I’d rather have the brightness of an under rail LED kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scjon03

Reaction score
I just installed the OEM Mopar bed LED lights on my Ram. Very happy with it and they are bright. Not overly bright like the strips but it's good enough. I used this video off youtube.
"Delmonico2019 bighorn" thanks for the video it was great help. I follow it all the way and everything works fine. The button works, unlocking the doors/opening the tailgate, and the button inside the cab works. I did not remove the wheel liners, tires, and the cab rear bins. It was easy to work around them. I ordered the kit from Amazon so it got to my house in about 3 days. Overall very happy and I have no other issues.

borden72

Reaction score
I did mine last week and it was easy. Lots of steps yes. But not difficult at all. Just know that the instructions have errors. View attachment 6893 View attachment 6894
I installed my light kit this weekend. I followed your corrected drawing and I cannot get mine to light up. I am able to hit the button on the left light and turn on and off the upper cargo lamps. The rear bed lights will not light up at all. Nothing with the cargo lamp switch inside, doors, tailgate and local button on the bed lights.

Any ideas? I may try the connect them per the original drawing. I had to remove a wire in each connector to insert the new wires.

livinlogs

Reaction score
I followed the above video. Like everyone said, it takes time to get the wire from the rear to the front, nothing terrible but a couple hours to do it right. Now.....the big issue. Connected everything. Lights all work except for the button on the left rear. I can deal with that though.....but when I started my truck, huge mess........Stability control disabled, front and rear park sense off, auto start stop disabled, Exterior lights stuck on, rain sense wipers disabled, all 4x4 switches disabled. So......i get to take it to the dealer anyway and pay the bucks. BTW I have a rebel with 12" screen....maybe thats the issue. Also, the 12" screen took like an hour to come back online. XM was gone, climate control didn't work, no back up camera.....I lost my mind. Who knows how much this will cost. I disconnected the two wires hoping all would fix itself, it didn't . I'll let the group now what happens, the dealer is booked out 8 days......

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I followed the above video. Like everyone said, it takes time to get the wire from the rear to the front, nothing terrible but a couple hours to do it right. Now.....the big issue. Connected everything. Lights all work except for the button on the left rear. I can deal with that though.....but when I started my truck, huge mess........Stability control disabled, front and rear park sense off, auto start stop disabled, Exterior lights stuck on, rain sense wipers disabled, all 4x4 switches disabled. So......i get to take it to the dealer anyway and pay the bucks. BTW I have a rebel with 12" screen....maybe thats the issue. Also, the 12" screen took like an hour to come back online. XM was gone, climate control didn't work, no back up camera.....I lost my mind. Who knows how much this will cost. I disconnected the two wires hoping all would fix itself, it didn't . I'll let the group now what happens, the dealer is booked out 8 days......
I had a similar thing happen, turns out it was just a fuse blown in the panel under the drivers side of the dash. (I may or may not have put a couple wires somewhere they shouldn’t have been....) no big deal though.

livinlogs

Reaction score
I had a similar thing happen, turns out it was just a fuse blown in the panel under the drivers side of the dash. (I may or may not have put a couple wires somewhere they shouldn’t have been....) no big deal though.
What fuse was blown? I was looking but its hard to say what fuses control what?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
What fuse was blown? I was looking but its hard to say what fuses control what?
I can't remember but I know it had something to do with the infotainment screen. Yours might be something else, if it even is a fuse but I figured it's a pretty easy thing to check before you pay the dealer any money.

Richn196

Reaction score
I installed my light kit this weekend. I followed your corrected drawing and I cannot get mine to light up. I am able to hit the button on the left light and turn on and off the upper cargo lamps. The rear bed lights will not light up at all. Nothing with the cargo lamp switch inside, doors, tailgate and local button on the bed lights.

Any ideas? I may try the connect them per the original drawing. I had to remove a wire in each connector to insert the new wires.

I had this same thing happen. Everything works except for the bed lights. Anyone figure this issue out yet?

borden72

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen. Everything works except for the bed lights. Anyone figure this issue out yet?
I ended up taking it to the dealer for the BCM programming. Everything works as they should now.

Scjon03

Reaction score

I follow the video exactly and everything works fine. I have a 19 Laramie. But everything should be the same between trims.

Dtbrew

Reaction score
I have a video on how I did the install, also how to avoid the dealer flash!.
Feel free to subscribe for more 5th gen videos. Also feel free to join my facebook group for more how to videos and write ups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581709762278245/

When you did this how did you deal with having two wires in one connector? Splice them together or put both wires in somehow?

EDIT:
I got access to your Facebook group (thanks) and found the 3rd video there showing the splicing of the new wire to the existing white/tan wire. The white wire with a tan stripe is in the Space E Computer block in the grey connector in pin location 30 (there is also a black connector block in this bundle) .

Video 3:

Last edited:

rrevis2300

Reaction score
HELLO ALL.
so I have read all the posts and comments on here and wanted to say nice job to all. these new rams suck *** as far as wiring goes and trying to get info from mopar or the dealer is like pulling teeth from an infant. after testing and testing and testing some more as most of you have 1500s and i have a 2500 some of the steps are the same some are not but i can say 100% that my lights work exactly like the factory installed all the way down to the amount of time to auto shutoff.
I have kit #82215795ab.
according to mopar this kit is not designed to work with the new 2500 and after 40 min of going round and round with the ahole from mopar all i wanted to do was rip his face off. especially since the dealerships are selling this kit and saying its for this model and the directions are for the 18 model. r&d has not come out with a schematic or kit for the 19 yet according to this clown. nuff said.

Thanks to agitated and hats off to you for finding the correct wire for the trigger in the c7 harness pin 21or whatever last hole in the small wiring on the right my kit uses the dk grn wire. yes it works for the 2500 also.

as for the tan wire i got tired of pulling connectors and testing circuits so i decided to go to the drivers kick panel harness and i pulled the cargo lamp assembly out from the back window and figured out the wh/brn wire turns hot when triggered. going back to the harness i found the same wire and piggy backed it. i did not remove any wires i piggy backed both of them. of course ground was done under the hood. i followed the directions all the way down to wiring it up is the only change i made. I am not convinced that wiring it this way that you would need to have the vehicle flashed at the dealer. I did have the sales code done to mine before I installed the lights only because it was free after the dealer fkd up something else and gave it to me for free so I am not sure if it needed to be flashed or not. I would say not but you judge that one....
to recap
ground under hood next to battery
tan wire to white/brown stripe drivers kick panel
dk grn wire to c7 plug pin last one small wire on right side look at agitateds pic
mine work 100%
doors trigger
dash trigger
bedlight switch turns on/off
auto shutoff after 8-10 min
remote unlock turns on
the tailgate never turned the lights on on the 2500..

i hope this helps somebody out.

2019 ram 2500 bighorn 4x4
5" lift fabtach
37" 12.5 x 20 mickey thompson atzp3
hardrock devious rims {20x10}
black tonneau cover
blackout emblems
2 sets mopar ram stirrup steps

PeteB

Reaction score
I just installed the OEM Mopar bed LED lights on my Ram. Very happy with it and they are bright. Not overly bright like the strips but it's good enough. I used this video off youtube.
"Delmonico2019 bighorn" thanks for the video it was great help. I follow it all the way and everything works fine. The button works, unlocking the doors/opening the tailgate, and the button inside the cab works. I did not remove the wheel liners, tires, and the cab rear bins. It was easy to work around them. I ordered the kit from Amazon so it got to my house in about 3 days. Overall very happy and I have no other issues.
Do you think that using your Flash free diagram I could add lights that are not MOPAR factory lights? Also where does the one wire you un-pin go to?
I tried Delmonico2019 install Hack. It worked great, The hardest part was getting through the firewall. Thank you. I did not have to flash and that saved me $90.

sjsleuth

Reaction score
I tried Delmonico2019 install Hack. It worked great, The hardest part was getting through the firewall. Thank you. I did not have to flash and that saved me $90.
Your right took me just as long to get through the firewall as it did to run the entire wire, lol. I also snaked mine through the frame seemed easier.

Lonwolf93

Reaction score
I just finished this bed light install, and I followed Delmonico's videos. Now I hooked my battery back up, and the truck has nothing, no lights, no dash, no interior lights, wont start. I must have done something wrong somewhere but I dont know what! Any ideas guys??

Users who are viewing this thread