5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bed Light Kit Install Question

Agitated

Reaction score
I do not believe the wiring is that simple and I do not think your idea will work. Im not understanding why youd not want to run it according to directions. If you just want lights wired through a simple relay and switch then Id suggest selling your kit and getting brighter lights and wiring it to your spec. These lights are ok but not really that bright.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I do not believe the wiring is that simple and I do not think your idea will work. Im not understanding why youd not want to run it according to directions. If you just want lights wired through a simple relay and switch then Id suggest selling your kit and getting brighter lights and wiring it to your spec. These lights are ok but not really that bright.
I agree. But if you still want to do it that way I’d test the leads on the battery to see if it will even work before you cut the harness and splice it into another wire.

Automan21

Reaction score
I hooked everything up to a battery. On the drivers side led bed light is that a regular on off switch? My switch does not do anything the lights just stay on. Thanks

Agitated

Reaction score
It is not a regular on/off switch. At least not as to how you are wanting it to work. Think of it more like a momentary switch. Like we said, the wiring isnt that basic. You’ll be wasting money by hacking that harness IMO.

Automan21

Reaction score
It is not a regular on/off switch. At least not as to how you are wanting it to work. Think of it more like a momentary switch. Like we said, the wiring isnt that basic. You’ll be wasting money by hacking that harness IMO.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Well at least you tested it before you cut it. You could still return it and go the route of wiring lights under the bed rails. I did a write up about how to do that a couple months ago.

btsomaha

Reaction score
I think I'm just going to purchase some LED battery operated puck lights.

Moeski

Reaction score
I installed them. It took me about 2 hrs to remove the wheel liners, and run the wires. My biggest concern was the wire placement in the under-dash plugs. The instructions say insertion view (back) while the diagram shows you the front view. I went with the back. Yes the dealer had to flash the computer which I wish they would have told me when I bought the kit. I talked them into charging me only a 1/2 hour instead of the full hour they wanted. Anyway they work just fine.

Moeski

Reaction score
I installed them. It took me about 2 hrs to remove the wheel liners, and run the wires. My biggest concern was the wire placement in the under-dash plugs. The instructions say insertion view (back) while the diagram shows you the front view. I went with the back. Yes the dealer had to flash the computer which I wish they would have told me when I bought the kit. I talked them into charging me only a 1/2 hour instead of the full hour they wanted. Anyway they work just fine.
I was wrong, they don't work fine. The bed lights come on with the doors, and tailgate being opened, but not with the switch on the lights, and now my flashers don't work..

Agitated

Reaction score
Then you most likely have a wire pinned in the wrong place. The wires you remove will be the same exact color as the replacement.

Moeski

Reaction score
Then you most likely have a wire pinned in the wrong place. The wires you remove will be the same exact color as the replacement.
Yeah, I just saw the whole wrong instructions thing. Thanks, I'll crawl back under the dash and change that..

Reaction score
They worked out great. I pulled out the plastic covers and they fit right in perfectly. I have a tonneau cover and they work awesome at night it lights the whole bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/