5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Bed Light Kit Install Question

Drago1978

Reaction score
So I’m looking at installing the Mopar bed light kit on my truck this weekend. Does anyone have any more info on removing the inner fender well mostly on a Laramie with factory finder flares ? I tried taking the front driver side inner wheel well out last weekend and after an hr of messing around with it taking all the screws and plastic fasteners out fighting with it I couldn’t get it to budge I’m afraid I’m going to mess up my fender flare. Does anyone have a recommendation? My only other thought is trying to run the wires up and through to the firewall without taking the inner wheel well off. Just curious if anyone has done the install without taking apart everything suggested in the directions lol

LaRamie

Reaction score
You could try it without removing, may just have to work around them, would be pretty tight or hard to see though. If you have all the fasteners out it's just a matter of getting the liner out from behind the flares and flaps. Usually grabbing in the center and pulling toward you will allow it to collapse enough where you can work it out from everything with your other hand. I remember the front being a little tough with the front flap and the rear was pretty easy. Dont be afraid to bend or tweak the liners some, they will handle it (there's a limit obviously, but they're pretty flexible). Once you get them out from behind everything just let it fall behind tire and pull topside out first. Let us know if you needs anything else!

Edit: I just remembered the pin that sticks down from fuse box through the liner.. I think you have to get the liner pulled down off of that first and then things will go easier. So pull it down off it and then work it down and back and everything should work out of the flares

Last edited:

Drago1978

Reaction score
You could try it without removing, may just have to work around them, would be pretty tight or hard to see though. If you have all the fasteners out it's just a matter of getting the liner out from behind the flares and flaps. Usually grabbing in the center and pulling toward you will allow it to collapse enough where you can work it out from everything with your other hand. I remember the front being a little tough with the front flap and the rear was pretty easy. Dont be afraid to bend or tweak the liners some, they will handle it (there's a limit obviously, but they're pretty flexible). Once you get them out from behind everything just let it fall behind tire and pull topside out first. Let us know if you needs anything else!

Edit: I just remembered the pin that sticks down from fuse box through the liner.. I think you have to get the liner pulled down off of that first and then things will go easier. So pull it down off it and then work it down and back and everything should work out of the flares
Thank you I appreciate your help sounds right to me just really tight in the fender flares. I plan on tackling it on Saturday and getting everything wired up so should be fun
Thanks again

deanfx

Reaction score
I had the dealer install my bed light kit, and noticed today that my hazard lights no longer work. And the switch on the lights themself don't seem to do anything. I am guess this is the wiring problem mentioned above? Any input?

Drago1978

Reaction score
I had the dealer install my bed light kit, and noticed today that my hazard lights no longer work. And the switch on the lights themself don't seem to do anything. I am guess this is the wiring problem mentioned above? Any input?
I’d say if the dealer did the install I would take it back there hand have them go thru and double check everything. Maybe thy made a mistake or you have a defective kit and they need to replace it ?

LaRamie

Reaction score
Yes, sounds like one wire is in wrong position

Drago1978

Reaction score
I just finished the install of the bed light kit and thanks to all the help on here and the amazing install videos by https://5thgenrams.com/community/members/agitated.370/ on here and his face book page hooking up the wires were a snap without having to also go to the dealership to pay for a computer flash. Everything works perfectly with all the doors and tailgate including the cargo light button on the dash and the button on the bed light it self works as well. which was a pleasant surprise since I didn’t expect that button to work everything I read said it wouldn’t.

NAVYMCPO

Reaction score
I installed the bed lights today. Question I broke two tabs on the computer connector locks grrrr. The plugs fit directly into the panel without them but for my added security I would like order replacements. Any idea how to find them on google? 2E1A3072-75F6-4E56-89AF-C58FDE837EDD.jpeg 2E1A3072-75F6-4E56-89AF-C58FDE837EDD.jpeg 2E1A3072-75F6-4E56-89AF-C58FDE837EDD.jpeg 2E1A3072-75F6-4E56-89AF-C58FDE837EDD.jpeg 6C4597E6-952A-4B2C-A945-C19D83CEDEE6.jpeg CFBFE71C-6897-4DBC-85CF-74124A05D47D.jpeg

Attachments

• E9A6C24C-2A2C-4E6A-B36C-EA57CA250621.jpeg
    E9A6C24C-2A2C-4E6A-B36C-EA57CA250621.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 60

KRField

Reaction score
I installed the bed lights today. Question I broke two tabs on the computer connector locks grrrr. The plugs fit directly into the panel without them but for my added security I would like order replacements. Any idea how to find them on google? View attachment 17045 View attachment 17045 View attachment 17045 View attachment 17045 View attachment 17047 View attachment 17048

I’ve done the same. They are supplied to FCA by Aptiv, the black housing Aptiv (previously Delphi) part number is 13673750. They have the part on lock down. Parts department can’t get them. No supplier stocks them. I traced the Mopar part number (68207791AA) here off a 13 ram http://connectors.dcctools.com/details.htm?id=153382&print=1. It seems when FCA took over they obsoleted this part availability. If anyone can trace it down I would be interested. My only option is to find a wrecker in a yard that some gorilla hasn’t mashed up pulling parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
I have a video on how I did the install, also how to avoid the dealer flash!.
Feel free to subscribe for more 5th gen videos. Also feel free to join my facebook group for more how to videos and write ups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581709762278245/
I bet if you used the correct PIN out instead of the one the instructions say to use, that your button would start working. I changed mine to the correct position and now everything works. Even my hazard lights, which stopped after following the factory instructions.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
I'm assuming it's because you would want then to come on automatically either when you turn on the cargo lighting or open a door / tailgate, like it does on the limited setup?
Just wire it into the bed light on the back of the cab. When you open the tailgate that comes on. Driver side sill plate, underneath there is a white wire with a tan stripe from what I've seen and red. Splice into this and you're good as gold.

SB89

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of how bright these lights are installed in their bed? I have a tonneau cover and a dark spray-on bedliner. Don't want to waste my money if they aren't bright if I'd be better off with LED light strips instead.

Cult45guy

Reaction score
I just got my 2019 1500 and the model I chose did not come with the LED bed lighting installed.
My question is has anyone installed the bed light kit (P/N No 82215272AB) in their Ram? More specifically my question is in regards to the computer and wiring or the kit.

1. Is the truck pre-wired to accept the light kit (aka is it just stick the light in and plug and play)
&
2. Does the computer need to be flashed by the dealer to make the lights operate?

Any help is appreciated and my apologies if this is covered somewhere I searched but couldn't find it.

I ordered the OEM light kit on Amazon, and it installed very easy, just plugged in to the existing wiring. I did speak with the dealer, and they want 130.00 to do the computer update. I'm going to ask my buddy who has a shop, and see if it's something that he could do.

NAVYMCPO

Reaction score
I ordered the OEM light kit on Amazon, and it installed very easy, just plugged in to the existing wiring. I did speak with the dealer, and they want 130.00 to do the computer update. I'm going to ask my buddy who has a shop, and see if it's something that he could do.
If you watch the YouTube video on these lights for the install, you won’t need to pay anyone to activate them. Works like a champ. Start at page one and read on!

RustySw

Reaction score
Yeah I was ok with the $100 and even with having to wire it myself, but that’s a bit of a joke that the dealer has to flash a code to enable them. No way I’m paying the inevitable $75 for that.

I didn’t get the utility group because I didn’t like the rails and frankly wasn’t crazy about the spray in liner.. the joke’s on me, no factory plastic liner available yet, and even though I didn’t get the rails, the bed has all the holes in the side and of course the plastic knockouts for the lights.
Take a look at a Bed Rug. Have had 3 and love them

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Question
How did you remove the heavy
Plastic under the door trim as I don't want to break it
Thanks Russell

trebel19

Reaction score
Just wire it into the bed light on the back of the cab. When you open the tailgate that comes on. Driver side sill plate, underneath there is a white wire with a tan stripe from what I've seen and red. Splice into this and you're good as gold.
Anyone try this, I thought i seen some pics of the correct wires to tap, just want to make sure i splice the correct wires, w/t and red ?

trebel19

Reaction score
Had dealer do the lights while in for airbag recall, still don't have my tags yet, so they did it for free after I really started complaining about the $545, they tried to get for it... Anyway, get the truck back and lights not working, I push the button and my hazards come on, lol... O they also didn't go thru the wheel wells, but okay, it was free. I look at the C7 and sure enough, they used the bad diagram for pin 16, so I correct it, the A panel looks correct for pin 5. Now when I open doors everything works, cargo and bed lights, however, if I just open gate I get nothing until I hit the bed light button, then cargo and bed light come on. Anyone know if this is correct results. Thanks

deanfx

Reaction score
Had dealer do the lights while in for airbag recall, still don't have my tags yet, so they did it for free after I really started complaining about the $545, they tried to get for it... Anyway, get the truck back and lights not working, I push the button and my hazards come on, lol... O they also didn't go thru the wheel wells, but okay, it was free. I look at the C7 and sure enough, they used the bad diagram for pin 16, so I correct it, the A panel looks correct for pin 5. Now when I open doors everything works, cargo and bed lights, however, if I just open gate I get nothing until I hit the bed light button, then cargo and bed light come on. Anyone know if this is correct results. Thanks
As far as the bed lights not working when the tailgate is down, do you have your interior lights turned off?

Users who are viewing this thread