5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 Laramie leveling kit/tires

DrJacobie

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Looking for some feedback. I'm on my second RAM truck, as stated above, a 2019 1500 Laramie.

Everything is stock, other than some really wide running boards that I'm removing and I opted to get one with 18 inch rims because I prefer the look of more rubber to rim and the ride difference.

I typically get my tires from Discount Tire. I have 33's on at the moment, tire size is 275-65-18. I would like an aggressive all terrain as I fish/camp/hunt on some very remote land in East Tennessee . So far I've found Goodyear Ultra terrains or BFG K02. Looking for some feedback from y'all in terms of other brands to consider, and considering a leveling kit and or 35" tires. If I run 33" tires with a 2.5 inch leveling kit would it look ridiculous? Am I better off doing a leveling kit and 35's or keeping the stock ride height and 33's?

Kaderast

Reaction score
275/65-18 is actually a 32.1" diameter tire. Bumping up to 275/70-18 gets you to 33.2". I currently have a 2" leveling kit with the stock 275/65-18 Falken Wildpeaks. I don't think it looks bad at all.

I just purchased a set of 18" Rebel wheels on ebay for dirt cheap, and plan to size up to that 275/70-18 size when I buy tires for them soon. Likely to get the General Grabber ATX in that size because it is the ONLY all terrain tire I can find in that size that isn't an LT rated, super heavy E load range. Made the mistake of putting E load range tires on my previous truck. Ride quality, acceleration, and MPG all suffered greatly because of them. Won't make that mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/