5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 1500 : Concerning Cabin Sounds

Klinger82

Reaction score
Chrysler tech is coming wednesday and thursday to try and figure mine out. Keep updated on everything. Doubt itll fix it but we will see.

M0brando

Reaction score
Chrysler tech is coming wednesday and thursday to try and figure mine out. Keep updated on everything. Doubt itll fix it but we will see.

I finally attributed the "droning" sound that I'm getting at times to when MDS is enabled. I don't think this solves weird drone sounds for everyone, but a significant number found that it was tied to the "eco" light on the dash. That of course indirectly (or directly - appears to be a debate) ties to when MDS is engaged. This was the case with me, so I have locked it out MDS by limiting the gears to "8" on the steering wheel and it stops the noise every time. That is now something I do everytime I get in the truck and the noise never shows up, nor have I noticed much effect on mileage, though it's hard to tell in winter. If you try this and it fixes yours - please let the "tech" know. I'd love for them to find an answer but refuse to give up my truck for days on end while they try this and that to figure it out. My truck was built late enough that the ANR TSB's do not apply but I do think it is ANR related. Given the similarity to all the ANR complaints, I wonder if somehow the exhaust tone change when running on 4 cylinders is having a negative effect on ANR.

Klinger82

Reaction score
I finally attributed the "droning" sound that I'm getting at times to when MDS is enabled. I don't think this solves weird drone sounds for everyone, but a significant number found that it was tied to the "eco" light on the dash. That of course indirectly (or directly - appears to be a debate) ties to when MDS is engaged. This was the case with me, so I have locked it out MDS by limiting the gears to "8" on the steering wheel and it stops the noise every time. That is now something I do everytime I get in the truck and the noise never shows up, nor have I noticed much effect on mileage, though it's hard to tell in winter. If you try this and it fixes yours - please let the "tech" know. I'd love for them to find an answer but refuse to give up my truck for days on end while they try this and that to figure it out. My truck was built late enough that the ANR TSB's do not apply but I do think it is ANR related. Given the similarity to all the ANR complaints, I wonder if somehow the exhaust tone change when running on 4 cylinders is having a negative effect on ANR.

I tried putting it in gears manually with no sucess. They have done tsb updates, new amplifier. All with no luck.

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Less than 2000 miles on mine and this exact issue ... I’m hesitant to take to dealer only that the service dept is incompetent... the rattle/hum is annoying AF
Mine only had 71 miles when I noticed it. Still not fixed.

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Pretty sure the vibration sound is coming from the drivetrain. Always around 13-1500 rpms with foot off gas(not on brake either) while downshifting or between gears

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed hearing what sounds like a small turbine engine starting up when sitting in the truck idling? Radio off

Crizmotek

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed hearing what sounds like a small turbine engine starting up when sitting in the truck idling? Radio off
Yes mine does the same thing! Like you said it's at low RPM. It doesn't sound like the ANC issue people are talking about. Do you have 4x4?

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Yes mine does the same thing! Like you said it's at low RPM. It doesn't sound like the ANC issue people are talking about. Do you have 4x4?
No 4x4. Its annoying as hell. Been waiting over a month to hear from the dealer that said they would do some research and call me back. Called them back 2 weeks ago and was told I'd get a call back. Still waiting for that call. This is our 4th dodge and will most likely be the last after this ridiculous experience. I've definitely made it known to anyone who has asked me about the truck that they should wait a year or two until they can figure out this problem. I'm paying $420 a month to drive a truck with under 1k miles that's an embarrassment to drive. Sorry for the rant.lol. But the dealers dont listen or give a fudge so.....

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
Yes I have. Lasts about a minute til it peaks then goes away for a couple minutes and comes back and goes away.........sounds exactly like a little turbine engine

Natejim26

Reaction score
I was told it is the MDS as mentioned in another reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Newms

Reaction score
An acquaintance of mine showed up with a 2019 Bighorn and is complaining of the same noise at 1500 rpm's and yes it is worse when there are people in the back seat. My dealer is good but they never did fix my noise problem. They claim that another one came in with the same issue and a "new" flash did fix their problem.

My noise problem is solved though, all it took was another truck and I did upgrade to a Laramie. 6K miles now and so far no noise and it has been flawless.

Papa Newms

NDRam

Reaction score
Howdy all :

So I've had my '19 1500 BigHorn for a few weeks now, and have recently noticed something odd and interesting. (I came from a '17 Silverado CrewCab LTZ Z71) I had put a 2 wheeled cart in the back of the crew cab which triggered some crazy pulsing / humming sounds. It sounds like the world's most boring Lighstaber duel.

Then, fast forward to yesterday, and I loaded up a couple friends in the back seat for a little road trip, and the sounds came back, albeit much less pronounced than what's in the video.

It feels like some sort of weirdness with whatever noise cancelling system the vehicle has. Only happens when something or someone substantial is in the back (dogs don't trigger it). I'm going to be bringing it to my dealer this week to investigate. Anyways : Has anyone else experienced this?

I had this as well. I had 7 medium boxes in my back seat for 2 days the noise for the first day was almost unbearable. On the second day it did not seem as bad. Then, when the boxes were removed the sound was gone completely. I have had people and dogs in the back seat with no issues. The only other time it did this was right out of the car wash on a very cold day but that only last for a couple of minutes.

djwdjw

Reaction score
Yes I have. Lasts about a minute til it peaks then goes away for a couple minutes and comes back and goes away.........sounds exactly like a little turbine engine

I also noticed this just yesterday on start-up. I thought it might be the seat vent fan or seat motor, but it wasn't. Maybe sounds like a little pump pressurizing something. Is the seat lumbar support a pneumatic thing? You have to have the cabin pretty quiet to notice this among the other normal start-up sounds. Goes away in a minute or so.

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
I also noticed this just yesterday on start-up. I thought it might be the seat vent fan or seat motor, but it wasn't. Maybe sounds like a little pump pressurizing something. Is the seat lumbar support a pneumatic thing? You have to have the cabin pretty quiet to notice this among the other normal start-up sounds. Goes away in a minute or so.
I heard the same thing from outside the truck the other day

Dave1000cc

Reaction score
I have a new 2019 bighorn with the same cabin noise that you’re hearing if you put 500 to 600 pounds in the truck it makes this really bad harmonics sound it’s been at the dealer for two weeks they’ve replaced modules, microphone, speakers and they are still unable to Determine the cause they say they will need the truck for another eight weeks so they can get somebody from Detroit down to look at it any suggestions on what I can do ?
I had this as well. I had 7 medium boxes in my back seat for 2 days the noise for the first day was almost unbearable. On the second day it did not seem as bad. Then, when the boxes were removed the sound was gone completely. I have had people and dogs in the back seat with no issues. The only other time it did this was right out of the car wash on a very cold day but that only last for a couple of minutes.
Not sure of this sounds crazy or not but......
I took two hitches (35-40lbs) out of the drivers side storage box in the back floor about a week ago. Oddly enough, I have not had the vibration happen since then. Could it even be that something near the storage boxes causes them to vibrate at a certain rpm?(usually between 12-1500rpm) Or just a coincidence?

Jackson67

Reaction score
Howdy all :

So I've had my '19 1500 BigHorn for a few weeks now, and have recently noticed something odd and interesting. (I came from a '17 Silverado CrewCab LTZ Z71) I had put a 2 wheeled cart in the back of the crew cab which triggered some crazy pulsing / humming sounds. It sounds like the world's most boring Lighstaber duel.

Then, fast forward to yesterday, and I loaded up a couple friends in the back seat for a little road trip, and the sounds came back, albeit much less pronounced than what's in the video.

It feels like some sort of weirdness with whatever noise cancelling system the vehicle has. Only happens when something or someone substantial is in the back (dogs don't trigger it). I'm going to be bringing it to my dealer this week to investigate. Anyways : Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes it's like a droning sound and the sound even goes directly with the transmission shifting down.It has happened twice and know buddy in the truck but me I would have to park shut the truck off for a little while and then it is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread