5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Rough Country Level

Todd2319

Reaction score
Don't use the RC 2" coil spacer lift. Your local shop is correct. The ride quality is terrible. I have it currently on my truck (originally an ORP truck, changed to non ORP springs) the ride is the worst. I will be removing the lift and reusing the ORP springs very soon.
So you have pre load spacers on the non ORP springs and it rides like crap? I’m asking not trying to make a point. I had this idea on the 3.5 inch lift I have from rough country. I currently have the ORP springs with the 2 inch Pre load spacer. I feel it rides like real crap.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Doing this also - hopefully this weekend - did you install yourself?
Yes, not to bad. Rent a strut compressor from your parts store, you will need to compress the spring and turn the lift puck 180 degrees after you bolt it to the top of the strut.

Crozz13

Reaction score
So you have pre load spacers on the non ORP springs and it rides like crap? I’m asking not trying to make a point. I had this idea on the 3.5 inch lift I have from rough country. I currently have the ORP springs with the 2 inch Pre load spacer. I feel it rides like real crap.
My current set up is I reinstalled the ORP springs and used the top hat spacer from RC 3.5" kit. I also reinstalled the original UCA's and shocks. I removed the rear spacer form the kit. So basically my ORP Laramie is all stock with the exception of the RC top hat spacer. It rides good enough. I little porpoising if i hit a swell int he road just right, but other than that, its ok. I trimmed a very small amount of the inner fender liner to clear my 35" tires. Does not rub during normal activities.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
My current set up is I reinstalled the ORP springs and used the top hat spacer from RC 3.5" kit. I also reinstalled the original UCA's and shocks. I removed the rear spacer form the kit. So basically my ORP Laramie is all stock with the exception of the RC top hat spacer. It rides good enough. I little porpoising if i hit a swell int he road just right, but other than that, its ok. I trimmed a very small amount of the inner fender liner to clear my 35" tires. Does not rub during normal activities.

Got a picture of this set up?

Moniter1

Reaction score
I used the motofab 2.5 inch, top spacers. They look great and didn't change the ride quality at all, however, I now have a clunking sound coming from the struts at low speed which sounds like chit. From what I have read, some people seem to have this issue, while others do not. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am ripping them out this weekend replacing them with the RC lifting struts. I will report back with my findings in regards to ride quality with the pucks vs the lifting struts.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the motofab 2.5 inch, top spacers. They look great and didn't change the ride quality at all, however, I now have a clunking sound coming from the struts at low speed which sounds like chit. From what I have read, some people seem to have this issue, while others do not. I am not sure what the issue is, but I am ripping them out this weekend replacing them with the RC lifting struts. I will report back with my findings in regards to ride quality with the pucks vs the lifting struts.
It could be the body mounts. There is a TSB out for it.

MarineGrunt

Reaction score
I've been looking through this forum for some time trying to find someone that has purchased the rough country front coil struts. I am considering these but still held up as many say rough country lifts are super stiff. Can you tell a difference from stock? How much liuft did you actually achieve? I have a rebel so mine already has 1", so I figure I will only get an additional 1" with these.
I had the rough country spacers installed last week. They are the ones that go in the struts. They were absolutely horrible. I have a 19 Laramie with 275/65/20. They knocked and banged around within three days. No suspension at all. I just replaced them with the 2” level struts. I’ll let ya know how they are in a few days. But I DONT recommend the inside the struts spacers at all. Returning them.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
I have the ready lift 2in pucks that go in the strut. Horrible front end noise. Don’t recommend them. I’m going to have them removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devlin

Reaction score
I had the rough country spacers installed last week. They are the ones that go in the struts. They were absolutely horrible. I have a 19 Laramie with 275/65/20. They knocked and banged around within three days. No suspension at all. I just replaced them with the 2” level struts. I’ll let ya know how they are in a few days. But I DONT recommend the inside the struts spacers at all. Returning them.
Was wondering if you had an update with how the struts are working our for you?

311JL

Reaction score
Was wondering if you had an update with how the struts are working our for you?

many update? Also I’m confused when people are saying rotate the strut 180*. Are you saying once I bolt the top hat spacer to the strut out of the truck then just flip it around when reinstalling it?

another forum said to swap sides: put the driver side strut on passenger side.

Bubba33

Reaction score
I just installed the RC struts. Nice ride compared to the spacers on the top of the struts. Going to get a alignment tomorrow . It was right at 2.5 in higher. part0(28).jpg

Jack 1450

Reaction score
My 2019 North Edition 4x4 Bighorn started with Ready Lift spacers - the ride was awful and the stock passenger side strut was destroyed. After my dealer called Ready Lift (my dealer has installed dozens of these on 2019s without issue), RL told them that any 2019 Off-Road Package Ram with the longer springs WILL NOT WORK with the pucks.

Since the Bilstein 5100 is not out for the 2019s yet, my dealer swapped out the spacers for the Rough Country Leveling Struts and my truck is riding fantastic!

These RCs may not be quite as nice as the Bilstein 5100s I had in my 14, but they are working very well in my 2019!
I just had the rough country leveling struts installed on my 2019 ram longhorn Laramie. I love the ride but the nose is a little high. Is urs that way?

Users who are viewing this thread