5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" Rough Country Level

R

Rob5589

My 2019 North Edition 4x4 Bighorn started with Ready Lift spacers - the ride was awful and the stock passenger side strut was destroyed. After my dealer called Ready Lift (my dealer has installed dozens of these on 2019s without issue), RL told them that any 2019 Off-Road Package Ram with the longer springs WILL NOT WORK with the pucks.

Since the Bilstein 5100 is not out for the 2019s yet, my dealer swapped out the spacers for the Rough Country Leveling Struts and my truck is riding fantastic!

These RCs may not be quite as nice as the Bilstein 5100s I had in my 14, but they are working very well in my 2019!
How much lift did they give over the stock ORG? Be sure to report back after you put some miles in them on how they're holding up.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
My 2019 North Edition 4x4 Bighorn started with Ready Lift spacers - the ride was awful and the stock passenger side strut was destroyed. After my dealer called Ready Lift (my dealer has installed dozens of these on 2019s without issue), RL told them that any 2019 Off-Road Package Ram with the longer springs WILL NOT WORK with the pucks.

Since the Bilstein 5100 is not out for the 2019s yet, my dealer swapped out the spacers for the Rough Country Leveling Struts and my truck is riding fantastic!

These RCs may not be quite as nice as the Bilstein 5100s I had in my 14, but they are working very well in my 2019!
I've been looking through this forum for some time trying to find someone that has purchased the rough country front coil struts. I am considering these but still held up as many say rough country lifts are super stiff. Can you tell a difference from stock? How much liuft did you actually achieve? I have a rebel so mine already has 1", so I figure I will only get an additional 1" with these.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Cornering and ride are two different things. Cornering has to do with the handling of the truck while ride is how smooth the truck is going down the road. Usually a stiffer suspention will handle and corner better but it may not ride as well.
Well let me clarify for ya... cornering AND ride felt better after installation of the RC leveling kit. But like most posts and replies on this forum, it's all subjective.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it a necessity to replace the control arms? I know some have and some havent. Just dont want any issues down the line so wondering what the majority is doing

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Is it a necessity to replace the control arms? I know some have and some havent. Just dont want any issues down the line so wondering what the majority is doing
As an auto-technician I personally I don’t believe it is necessary. I’ve had my kit on for a year already with out and parts being prematurely worn out or anything if that nature.

buckeyecool71

Reaction score
How much lift did they give over the stock ORG? Be sure to report back after you put some miles in them on how they're holding up.

@Rob5589 How are the struts holding up? Did they level your truck? Hows the ride? I have the North Package as well and am very curious how your liking them.
Can you post a few pictures?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Rob5589 How are the struts holding up? Did they level your truck? Hows the ride? I have the North Package as well and am very curious how your liking them.
Can you post a few pictures?
Keep in mind the North package comes with a factory 1” lift due to longer springs. The RC quick lift struts will only give you an additional inch as a result.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why is that?
The 2" level from Rough Country is a 2" level vs a normal stock height, non offroad package or north package truck. The North package/offroad package have a factory 1" lift. This lift is achieved by using a longer spring vs the non-offroad package trucks. When you swap out your strut assembly for the RC 2" level strut assembly, you lose that 1" longer spring. You will sit 2" higher in the front over a non offroad package truck and only 1" higher than an offroad package truck (or north).

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 2" level from Rough Country is a 2" level vs a normal stock height, non offroad package or north package truck. The North package/offroad package have a factory 1" lift. This lift is achieved by using a longer spring vs the non-offroad package trucks. When you swap out your strut assembly for the RC 2" level strut assembly, you lose that 1" longer spring. You will sit 2" higher in the front over a non offroad package truck and only 1" higher than an offroad package truck (or north).

Ahh I wasn’t processing that these had new springs.... for some reason I thought these had you reuse the springs. I’m tracking.... thanks!

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know if a 2 inch Motofab Level will let me clear 285/60/20 nitto ridge grapplers with 0 rub?

Dustytrader

Reaction score
who has these installed? I can't seem to get anyone to give a review comparing them to factory. Anybody? Questions I've searched for are ride quality, stiffness, handling, installation issues, etc. Thanks

BlckDT

Reaction score
Anyone know if a 2 inch Motofab Level will let me clear 285/60/20 nitto ridge grapplers with 0 rub?

I run the exact size and tire on my stock suspension, non air-lift, Bighorn. There is very little rub at full lock. Soon I too will be adding the level kit (2") which will eliminate that rub.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run the exact size and tire on my stock suspension, non air-lift, Bighorn. There is very little rub at full lock. Soon I too will be adding the level kit (2") which will eliminate that rub.
Perfect im a stock suspension Big Horn too - definitely gonna work on getting the tires and level kit soon. What kit are you going to go with?

What kind of wheels do you have? I have the Stock Limited 20's

Interested in pics if you got any to see how it fills out the wheel well if you dont mind

judsonlimited

Reaction score

I was wondering why my truck was sitting higher than other new Rams without the ORP. Coming from the GM world where Z71 just adds only stickers and skid plates. So is there a 1" top hat spacer out there?

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering why my truck was sitting higher than other new Rams without the ORP. Coming from the GM world where Z71 just adds only stickers and skid plates. So is there a 1" top hat spacer out there?
Motofab has one I think

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Ok so read all the posts and still a little confused. All I need to know is which style is the best kit for ride and handling? First one or second one ?
s-l1600.jpg 35400_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread