5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" level, 35x12.50 tires rub

rsonedecker

Reaction score
I ordered Cooper’s STT Pro 295/70R18 they are 34.49 exactly i hope they don’t rub will do the install next week on Fuel’s D579 Vector 18x9 Wheels along with the Mopar 2 inch lift on my 19 Rebel, Wish me luck!
Can you take before and after measurements?

I think you're going to run into an issue where the bilstein's spring perch doesn't fit the fox shocks on the Mopar kit. During the install, you have to remove the spring perch from the shock you are replacing, and put it on the fox shock - my rough measurements from under a vehicle says they are slightly different than the regular Hitachi (non-rebel) shocks which are what the Mopar kit was designed to replace. If that's the case, you might have to grab some used 2019 shocks off eBay that still have the spring perch on them - the spring perch is not available separately from Mopar as they are part of the shock assembly. You'll find most of the used shocks on eBay missing this part because they probably exist on eBay because someone installed the Mopar kit.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a set of oem shocks for sale since I had a Mopar lift installed before I picked it up last year ...

kliffy77

Reaction score
This is confusing! Many say the Mopar 2 inch lift is complete with the coil suspension Rebel others say it’s not!

kliffy77

Reaction score
Just an update: Mopar Lift returned, Readylift ordered.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Briefly off topic: I appreciate how this thread has continued without escalating the personal attacks (which are not acceptable). Good work folks, I hope we can continue to disagree without being disagreeable.

Now back to regularly scheduled programming...

rsonedecker

Reaction score
Just an update: Mopar Lift returned, Readylift ordered.
Cool, probably smart move - but dang it...I was secretly hoping to prove why the mopar kit doesn't work on the rebel! (haha, jk)

Tac747

Reaction score
No they just asked me why.
At least they sold it to you in the first place. They wouldn't sell me, or install the factory Mopar 2" lift because mine is a quad cab and the product description says "crew cab". They even called Mopar and they confirmed it will not fit a quad cab, although no one at FCA from dealer parts to corporate can tell me why it won't work. I sure will be happy when Bilstein or FOX starts selling their ride height adjustable strut replacements for the 19

Last edited:

E_dawg

Reaction score
Could one install leveling spacers to the front, in addition to the mopar 2 inch suspension lift?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could one install leveling spacers to the front, in addition to the mopar 2 inch suspension lift?
Yes, but your cv angles will be terrible and more prone to failure.

MacDuff

Reaction score
FWIW, just installed the Mopar beadlock 18 inch wheels and I'm running 295/70/18 tires with no rub.
I have the offroad package with no lift. TIres work out to 34.3" and so far so good.

I'll add a level to the front end to get the right look. Still undecided on the best way to level the offroad package.
I was thinking about using the Zone Offroad kit that includes their control arms.

Kinger124

Reaction score
FWIW, just installed the Mopar beadlock 18 inch wheels and I'm running 295/70/18 tires with no rub.
I have the offroad package with no lift. TIres work out to 34.3" and so far so good.

I'll add a level to the front end to get the right look. Still undecided on the best way to level the offroad package.
I was thinking about using the Zone Offroad kit that includes their control arms.
Pics!

BJG

Reaction score
Did anyone end up putting 12.5" wide tires?

I am planning a 2" Mopar lift on my Big Horn, stock night edition wheels with 1.5" spacers to run 35 x 12.5.

Lots of talk about this and no one ended up posting results!?

-B

kliffy77

Reaction score
Did anyone end up putting 12.5" wide tires?

I am planning a 2" Mopar lift on my Big Horn, stock night edition wheels with 1.5" spacers to run 35 x 12.5.

Lots of talk about this and no one ended up posting results!?

-B

35 will fit Max width is 12 if you go more than that the tire will rub and you need a small mod.

Reactions: BJG

BJG

Reaction score
35 will fit Max width is 12 if you go more than that the tire will rub and you need a small mod.

Do you mean with stock wheels or even with a spacer? I was planning to measure my wheels and lugs in order to get the smallest spacer possible. I think my wheels might have pockets in between the lug locations to help with using thinner spacers so the stud can pass the mounting surface of the wheel slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread