5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" level, 35x12.50 tires rub

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my local dealer puts 35x12.5r20s on all the 2in mopar lifts they install with no rubbing. most of the wheels they use are +12 offset according the the salesman.
I would think with true 35x12.50 and anything with a positive offset that it would rub on the mechanical components on the inside of the wheel.

kliffy77

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on on Fuel D579 Vectors 18X9 & The 2 inch Mopar Lift for my 19 Rebel with coil suspension, Hoping to install BFG 35x12.5 tires, Will they rub?

Attachments

• 1DAD32D7-0E09-43B0-9920-422E0F8C6010.jpeg
    1DAD32D7-0E09-43B0-9920-422E0F8C6010.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Rebel with coil springs
Oh man. The 2" lift is no good for the rebels or offroad package. Did u research before buying it?

The rebel achieves the lift by using a via strut/spring. So it has a 1" lift from factory. If u take that off and install a 2" lift, you basically only lifted the truck 1" taller than it once was. Now dont get me wrong, you are still getting a 2" lift compared to a non rebel/offroad package but with a 2" spacer on a rebel you would be 3" taller than a non rebel/offroad package...

Regardless 35's would clear on depending on the rims offset

Last edited:

kliffy77

Reaction score
Oh man. The 2" lift is no good for the rebels or offroad package. Did u research before buying it?

The rebel achieves the lift by using a via strut/spring. So it has a 1" lift from factory. If u take that off and install a 2" lift, you basically only lifted the truck 1" taller than it once was. Now dont get me wrong, you are still getting a 2" lift compared to a non rebel/offroad package but with a 2" spacer on a rebel you would be 3" taller than a non rebel/offroad package...

Thanks my friend, Actually i did my research and i wanted a Mopar product, I think the Rebel is already high but i wanted just little more and it would look perfect! I hope BFG 35’s will be OK if not ill just put 34’s

kliffy77

Reaction score
I ordered Cooper’s STT Pro 295/70R18 they are 34.49 exactly i hope they don’t rub will do the install next week on Fuel’s D579 Vector 18x9 Wheels along with the Mopar 2 inch lift on my 19 Rebel, Wish me luck!

rsonedecker

Reaction score

I still don't believe this. I'm going to post on another thread, but today I climbed under a Rebel - in the wet no less - and got a rough measurement. The Rebel's spring perch is the same location as a non-ORP and ORP spring perch (8.25" from bottom bolt-center to lowest point on spring perch [the coil stop]) [I have ORP and non-ORP shock units in my garage right now]. I also confirmed that the Rebel has the same spring part number as the ORP (68320249AB), which is 3/4" taller than non-ORP (which translates into a 1" lift). It's the spring, not the shock, that lifts the rebel (and ORP), and that spring should also add 1" to the mopar lift)...Add that to the fact that I started my debate a while ago with the fact that the dealership where I got my ORP shocks (F&R) from had done a Mopar lift on the truck that originally had that ORP stuff and they swear it lifted the truck 3".

I stand firm in the fact that the mopar kit will lift the Rebel and ORP trucks to 3", BUT it won't actually work on the rebel because the bilstein is a different tube diameter and a different spring perch diameter, and the Mopar kit requires you to reuse the spring perch from your stock shocks - and the bilstein perch doesn't fit the fox shock. That's why they say it won't fit the Rebel, but they don't say it won't fit the off-road package trucks (because the ORP and non-ORP spring perchs are identical). I confirmed with Mopar a while ago that they only claim "Not for Rebel", they do NOT claim not for ORP.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still don't believe this. I'm going to post on another thread, but today I climbed under a Rebel - in the wet no less - and got a rough measurement. The Rebel's spring perch is the same location as a non-ORP and ORP spring perch (8.25" from bottom bolt-center to lowest point on spring perch [the coil stop]) [I have ORP and non-ORP shock units in my garage right now]. I also confirmed that the Rebel has the same spring part number as the ORP (68320249AB), which is 3/4" taller than non-ORP (which translates into a 1" lift). It's the spring, not the shock, that lifts the rebel (and ORP), and that spring should also add 1" to the mopar lift)...Add that to the fact that I started my debate a while ago with the fact that the dealership where I got my ORP shocks (F&R) from had done a Mopar lift on the truck that originally had that ORP stuff and they swear it lifted the truck 3".

I stand firm in the fact that the mopar kit will lift the Rebel and ORP trucks to 3", BUT it won't actually work on the rebel because the bilstein is a different tube diameter and a different spring perch diameter, and the Mopar kit requires you to reuse the spring perch from your stock shocks - and the bilstein perch doesn't fit the fox shock. That's why they say it won't fit the Rebel, but they don't say it won't fit the off-road package trucks (because the ORP and non-ORP spring perchs are identical). I confirmed with Mopar a while ago that they only claim "Not for Rebel", they do NOT claim not for ORP.
Thanks for clarifying! From what I read it said otherwise but you seem to have various tests done to prove otherwise

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Test fit nets about one thick C-hair clearance at caliper. Method NV 18x9 -12os. Not sure this counts as “clearing”?

View attachment 5854

2 things:

1. You better be running hub rings or hub centric spacers (aluminum; not plastic).
2. Hope you never have anything fly into the space between the wheel and the caliper. Like a rock, etc.

I would never run a wheel with that small of a clearance. Even on a street car, let alone one that I take off road. I wanted to stick with 18's, but went with 20's because of clearance.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks my friend, Actually i did my research and i wanted a Mopar product, I think the Rebel is already high but i wanted just little more and it would look perfect! I hope BFG 35’s will be OK if not ill just put 34’s
Did u ever get that installed
2 things:

1. You better be running hub rings or hub centric spacers (aluminum; not plastic).
2. Hope you never have anything fly into the space between the wheel and the caliper. Like a rock, etc.

I would never run a wheel with that small of a clearance. Even on a street car, let alone one that I take off road. I wanted to stick with 18's, but went with 20's because of clearance.
He'll be fine

blownout1500

Reaction score
2 things:

Method NV’s are lug centric. Method’s engineering dept tested the wheels on this truck and confirmed fitment, and then reaffirmed to me directly via email. Im 5k miles in on these wheels with zero issues including 60mph+ desert runs. We good fam.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Method NV’s are lug centric. Method’s engineering dept tested the wheels on this truck and confirmed fitment, and then reaffirmed to me directly via email. Im 5k miles in on these wheels with zero issues including 60mph+ desert runs. We good fam.

Lug centric and hub centric are two different things. I have Methods too. Why do you think we even have hubs with a lip and OEM makes sure they match the wheel center bore? Just to pay more in machining and manufacturing?

Wheels studs are designed to keep the wheel on; not support the weight of the truck and vertical forces. Vertical Vs. Horizontal forces. You do you though :)

Last edited:

blownout1500

Reaction score
Lug centric and hub centric are two different things. I have Methods too. Why do you think we even have hubs with a lip and OEM makes sure they match the wheel center bore? Just to pay more in machining and manufacturing?

Wheels studs are designed to keep the wheel on; not support the weight of the truck and vertical forces. Vertical Vs. Horizontal forces. You do you though :)

Every aftermarket wheel is lug centric. According to you then, every single truck with aftermarket wheels is in grave danger. You’ve read 3 posts somewhere and got up on a soapbox. You’re an idiot.*Edited, personal attacks not necessary nor desired to make your point.*

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Every aftermarket wheel is lug centric. According to you then, every single truck with aftermarket wheels is in grave danger. You’ve read 3 posts somewhere and got up on a soapbox. You’re an idiot.

Wow. OK that escalated quickly.

I'm still not even sure why you're bringing up "lug centric" again. That just helps center the wheel on the hub when you're actually mounting the wheel onto the hub.. Again, completely different issue than "hub centric"

I've been racing and modding cars for over 20 years. I've had to pass more tech inspections than I can count. So I've read at least 4 posts....

Users who are viewing this thread