5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" level, 35x12.50 tires rub

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
Thanks for trying and posting. Where there is a will, there is a way of course but this tells me going 34” on a 2” level ORP is the way to go.
100% right. I had the RC level installed and had them rough fit some 35’s and it wasn’t happening. 2” level will get you 34x11.5 on 20’s without any issues and it looks just as good.

Savagescott

Reaction score
100% right. I had the RC level installed and had them rough fit some 35’s and it wasn’t happening. 2” level will get you 34x11.5 on 20’s without any issues and it looks just as good.

I’m completed confused... @sabraitis posted a video a week, or so, ago showing 35/12.5/22 on his Limited on the stock 22s.... with no issues. But you’re having issues with that size even after a lift? What am I missing? I’m planning to do 35/12.5 or 285/55 on 22s, too.

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
I’m completed confused... @sabraitis posted a video a week, or so, ago showing 35/12.5/22 on his Limited on the stock 22s.... with no issues. But you’re having issues with that size even after a lift? What am I missing? I’m planning to do 35/12.5 or 285/55 on 22s, too.
Was there a spacer used on the other truck? As far as I’m aware, to have absolutely zero touch/rubbing anywhere, you need a minimum total lift of 3.5” over stock to fit 35’s and you need offset to fit 12.5 wide. I had the level kit install and I’m on 20’s and 35x12.5 rubbed. ‍♂️

Was there a spacer used on the other truck? As far as I’m aware, to have absolutely zero touch/rubbing anywhere, you need a minimum total lift of 3.5” over stock to fit 35’s and you need offset to fit 12.5 wide. I had the level kit install and I’m on 20’s and 35x12.5 rubbed when we test fit em. ‍

With the off-road being 1” higher, I would assume to safely fit them you’d need 2.5” of lift to get it to a total of 3.5. Not saying it can’t be done but based on my experience, without spacers/offset and more than 2”, it can’t be done if you want it touch free all around (to include while wheelin’).

Savagescott

Reaction score
Was there a spacer used on the other truck? As far as I’m aware, to have absolutely zero touch/rubbing anywhere, you need a minimum total lift of 3.5” over stock to fit 35’s and you need offset to fit 12.5 wide. I had the level kit install and I’m on 20’s and 35x12.5 rubbed. ‍♂️

Was there a spacer used on the other truck? As far as I’m aware, to have absolutely zero touch/rubbing anywhere, you need a minimum total lift of 3.5” over stock to fit 35’s and you need offset to fit 12.5 wide. I had the level kit install and I’m on 20’s and 35x12.5 rubbed when we test fit em. ‍

With the off-road being 1” higher, I would assume to safely fit them you’d need 2.5” of lift to get it to a total of 3.5. Not saying it can’t be done but based on my experience, without spacers/offset and more than 2”, it can’t be done if you want it touch free all around (to include while wheelin’).

I’d love to have @sabraitis comment but based on the video he posted, he did this on all stock suspension.

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
I’d love to have @sabraitis comment but based on the video he posted, he did this on all stock suspension.

Not trying to be argumentative. I’m running 295/60R20 trail grapplers and it wasn’t happening with mine being stock and wanting to maintain clearance for off-road. You may fit the 285/55r22’s seeing as they’re gonna be almost .5” narrower.

Last edited:

Savagescott

Reaction score
Not trying to be argumentative. I’m running 295/60R20 trail grapplers and it wasn’t happening with mine being stock and wanting to maintain clearance for off-road. You may fit the 285/55r22’s seeing as they’re gonna be almost .5” narrower.

Just relaying what was presented in his video. Find the the video - I’d be curious about your, or anyone’s thoughts. @sabraitis - need you to chime in. This is life and death stuff here.

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
Just relaying what was presented in his video. Find the the video - I’d be curious about your, or anyone’s thoughts. @sabraitis - need you to chime in. This is life and death stuff here.

This most certainly is life and death information, haha.
I found the vid on his profile. Truck looks nice but I’d like to see the sidewall for the actual tire size. Kudos if he got true 35x12.5 tires to fit on stock rims with zero offset. Anyone that tries it, I wish the best of luck.

I have a feeling this is a conversation that will be had for the rest of time.

Savagescott

Reaction score
This most certainly is life and death information, haha.
I found the vid on his profile. Truck looks nice but I’d like to see the sidewall for the actual tire size. Kudos if he got true 35x12.5 tires to fit on stock rims with zero offset. Anyone that tries it, I wish the best of luck.

I have a feeling this is a conversation that will be had for the rest of time.

Agreed... would like to ha e more. I tried to PM him after he posted the vid but I didn’t hear back.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just for reference sake and curiosity I have 20" from center to left and right of fender and 24.5" from center to top on my Rebel after my 2.5" level. The math tells me 35's shouldn't be an issue.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Just for reference sake and curiosity I have 20" from center to left and right of fender and 24.5" from center to top on my Rebel after my 2.5" level. The math tells me 35's shouldn't be an issue.

Vader- are you saying 35s on stock should be ok? Do you know the measurement inside wheel well from front to back? If my mediocre math skills are correct, we have to factor the offset and the distance of the tire “corner to corner “ to account for the tire’s widest potential arc. I’m sure someone smarter than me about this has done this figurin’.

Savagescott

Reaction score
Vader- are you saying 35s on stock should be ok? Do you know the measurement inside wheel well from front to back? If my mediocre math skills are correct, we have to factor the offset and the distance of the tire “corner to corner “ to account for the tire’s widest potential arc. I’m sure someone smarter than me about this has done this figurin’.

I’m going to talk to the local tire guys I’ve worked with and see if they’d be willing/interested in setting up a little test fitmemt. I figure it would benefit them, too, to have this knowledge as they start seeing more of these trucks for custom figment.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
35's on stock rims with 2.5" strut top spacer which puts me at 3.5" over stock 1500 height. Should fit 34.8" x 12"... but I'm ****ty at sizing tires.

Troop2865

Reaction score
So I have been reading the thread and I see a reference to Method 18x9 -12’s. I am waiting on my truck that I ordered the end of August. I just ordered some Method Double Standard wheels in 18x9 -12. I like the 18’s over 20’s for more sidewall on the tire. My question is did the Methods fit to your satisfaction and what did you use to balance them? Any interference with wheel weights?

I ordered the Off Road package and plan to lift 2.5 in front and 1 in rear. I want to run 35 x 12.50’s.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

my local dealer puts 35x12.5r20s on all the 2in mopar lifts they install with no rubbing. most of the wheels they use are +12 offset according the the salesman.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I noticed all of the 6 inch lifts say they require 20 inch wheels. I would think since my factory wheels are 18, any 18 should work. I would think the factory rims would have more inset than my Methods. I think they list them as around 4.75 inches.

Hopefully my truck gets here soon and I can do a test fit.

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
my local dealer puts 35x12.5r20s on all the 2in mopar lifts they install with no rubbing. most of the wheels they use are +12 offset according the the salesman.
That’s my point. Without a lift AND negative offset, true 35x12.5 will not safely fit.

Last edited:

blownout1500

Reaction score
I noticed all of the 6 inch lifts say they require 20 inch wheels. I would think since my factory wheels are 18, any 18 should work. I would think the factory rims would have more inset than my Methods. I think they list them as around 4.75 inches.

Hopefully my truck gets here soon and I can do a test fit.
Front brakes on 5th gen are giant not all 18” wheels clear. My -12os Method NVs look like they’ll clear by 2-3mm but it will come down to who was grinding down the rough mold line flash on the calipers on the day your truck rolled down the assembly line. It’s TIGHT.

I pre-cleared for 35s per @19BlkRam ’s rad tutorial.

Wheels, 35’s and 2” level go on Thursday... more info then.

Users who are viewing this thread