5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.5" MOTOFAB LEVELING KIT! PICS!

Gozar

Reaction score
2.5" Motofab with Ready Lift UCAs, Pro Comp Prodigy 18x9, Nitto Ridge Grappler 295/70r18
Before and after
I am very happy with the additions! No rubbing anywhere.

Last edited:

DeanE10

Reaction score
Thanks to the OP (Doowork707) for being the guinea pig, and the rest for the great information. I just installed the MotoFab 2.5" on my 2019 Rebel and all is perfectly fine with the ride. I have not replaced the UCA's yet as I wanted to check it out first. I will be moving onto a 4" or 5" lift once they remove the "Excludes Rebel" in their notes. Also, for those that plan to lift and re-lift (Like me), the $199 Lifetime Alignment at Firestone is definitely the way to go.

DeanE10

Reaction score
Thanks to the OP (Doowork707) for being the guinea pig, and the rest for the great information. I just installed the MotoFab 2.5" on my 2019 Rebel and all is perfectly fine with the ride. I have not replaced the UCA's yet as I wanted to check it out first. I will be moving onto a 4" or 5" lift once they remove the "Excludes Rebel" in their notes. Also, for those that plan to lift and re-lift (Like me), the $199 Lifetime Alignment at Firestone is definitely the way to go.

Just an FYI - I went today to Firestone and they told me they will no longer support suspension modifications with the lifetime alignment. Only stock and leveling kits will be supported. I checked with the 3 that are local to me.

Bigmikea

Reaction score
How is ride quality adding the 2.5 inch spacers? I have purchased them and want to have them installed on my rebel soon. I haven't purchased UCAs yet. I've heard some say to install them and some say it isn't necessary for daily driving.

DeanE10

Reaction score
How is ride quality adding the 2.5 inch spacers? I have purchased them and want to have them installed on my rebel soon. I haven't purchased UCAs yet. I've heard some say to install them and some say it isn't necessary for daily driving.

I have not noticed a difference in daily driving. Before I had it aligned, I drove almost 130 miles around town and down the highway. No choice, had to work while waiting for a spot to open. I did put it in 4WD to cross over the highway twice due to stopped traffic, was not slow or gentle about it either. Firestone mechanic said everything is still tight and looks good. Alignment wasn't off by much and the truck still feels the same even after alignment, just like factory.

I ordered the RC 3.5" kit which includes UCA's so I will replace them when the kit comes in. The leveling kit does not give me as much lift as I want so I am migrating to the next option.
3.5IN RAM BOLT-ON LIFT KIT W/ REAR N3 SHOCKS (2019 RAM 1500 4WD)

stax199

Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:
View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
truck looks amazing.. did you replace the UCA? thanks in advance..

bigcoco87

Reaction score
I saw this touched on briefly throughout the thread but I am looking to confirm the width of spacers needed to level out a 2019 Big Horn with the Off Road Group. I'm not looking to raise the whole truck, just the front end so that it's level with the rear. I understand there is a 1" lift with the off road group. What size spacers are needed to level out the front end? I also see that new upper control arms would be recommended when leveling the truck with the off road group, correct? Thanks

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw this touched on briefly throughout the thread but I am looking to confirm the width of spacers needed to level out a 2019 Big Horn with the Off Road Group. I'm not looking to raise the whole truck, just the front end so that it's level with the rear. I understand there is a 1" lift with the off road group. What size spacers are needed to level out the front end? I also see that new upper control arms would be recommended when leveling the truck with the off road group, correct? Thanks
Yes, buy new UCAs. Best option to figure out what size spacer is to measure both front and back wheels, from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom lip of the fender. Some trucks need 2" while others need a 2.5" spacer. They are all a little different.

bigcoco87

Reaction score
Yes, buy new UCAs. Best option to figure out what size spacer is to measure both front and back wheels, from the center of the wheel hub to the bottom lip of the fender. Some trucks need 2" while others need a 2.5" spacer. They are all a little different.
Awesome, thanks. I just measured and the front end is 22 1/2" and the rear is 24 1/2" from center of wheel to bottom of the fender, so obviously 2 inches in the difference. Thanks for the help.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. I just measured and the front end is 22 1/2" and the rear is 24 1/2" from center of wheel to bottom of the fender, so obviously 2 inches in the difference. Thanks for the help.
No problem. Post some pics when done.

Sgoodwin1

Reaction score
I tried to put the 2.5” motofab spacers on my 2019 Rebel and I couldn’t get the stock UCA back on. It seems you definitely need new UCA’s for the 2.5” on the Rebel. The downward tension what so much when you put a jack under the hub it lifted the entire truck but I still couldn’t get the stock UCA on. Not sure how other rebel owners got this to work with stock UCA’s looks like maybe they all got new UCA’s

JMT24

Reaction score
I went with ReadyLift 67-1500 Upper Control Arms and am very happy with the whole package.
So even though they say only up to 18's (4th gen) the 67-1500 UCA will work on 19s and 20's? I want these with the motofab 2.5. No since in buying the 2in RL spacer just to not use it.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Was considering the 2.5 in the front and the 1in in the rear along with some bilsteins all the way around, and some lightly bigger tires

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went ahead and installed the MotoFab 2.5" leveling kit on my 2019 Big Horn Sport. I had this kit on my 4th gen, everything I read said that 4th gen leveling kits will not work on the 5th Gens, but I am here to say they do. Install was the same as the 4th gen, and I didn't have to modify anything for the kit to work. As of right now, nobody makes a 2.5" leveling kit for the 5th Gens, and I didn't want to go with only a 2" from rough country because it still isn't 100% level with the rear IMO.. So I went ahead and purchased the MotoFab kit that I had on my 4th gen and gave it a try. I am very satisfied with how it turned out. The ride quality is great and still feels and drives like factory.

I ended up putting 285/60-20 BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 Tires on my stock wheels. These tires ride soft and are quiet, just like factory. No rubbing, No trimming needed for this setup.

Here's a link to the leveling kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5058AY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my install video:
View attachment 3505 View attachment 3506 View attachment 3507 View attachment 3508 View attachment 3509
Sexy beast

Users who are viewing this thread