5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12'' vs 8.4'' Screen - Better Investment?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
it Would be nice to see problem free threads with miles and trucks specs

I agree, that is really up to the owners though. I plan on purchasing one as a long term test truck, the only reason it hasn't happened yet is that I am in the market for a home and I can't have a vehicle loan on my credit until after I get a mortgage.

RichRios

Reaction score
When I get my truck I’ll start a thread and update as much as I can. Only problem is I drive my company vehicle during the week and will only drive my truck on weekends and won’t be able to put many miles. My current 3 year lease is up and only has 10k miles on it! :p

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at around 2000klm and will post a thread on my trouble free Rebel. I agree there is a need for balance on the forum. I find myself getting caught in the witch hunt mentality when I read some of the posts with issues and start being paranoid in my truck. But I'm also level headed and know my dealer well, so if and when something like my windshield pops up, I know it'll be corrected to my satisfaction. That, or Darlene and Jasmine from @RamCares are going to get to know me on a first name basis!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm at around 2000klm and will post a thread on my trouble free Rebel. I agree there is a need for balance on the forum. I find myself getting caught in the witch hunt mentality when I read some of the posts with issues and start being paranoid in my truck. But I'm also level headed and know my dealer well, so if and when something like my windshield pops up, I know it'll be corrected to my satisfaction. That, or Darlene and Jasmine from @RamCares are going to get to know me on a first name basis!
Right there with ya! Need some positive threads! I also find myself searching for problems on my truck that I read about on here. Don’t want this to sound bad but if I stay off the forum for awhile I am 100% satisfied with my truck:). Not to jinks myself but I couldn’t be happier with my Ram. It is all I wanted it to be and then some! Not that there may not be a little ‘quirk’ here or there but nothing I am going to let keep me from enjoying the truck or take it back to the dealer for days at a time for. For example, the gauge cluster lighting Is uneven as mentioned on this forum but honestly, if not for this forum, I probably wouldn’t even have noticed. I believe it’s just the way it’s suppose to be. That was one of my ‘witch hunts’. I have quit doing that and find my mind more at ease with the truck! I’m at 2,800 enjoyable miles now. Also, there have been ‘quirks’ with every vehicle I’ve owned, my ‘17 Platinum Expedition included and I enjoy this vehicle also. And yes I agree, for what we pay vehicles should be problem free but that is not reality. Honestly for the price of these new Rams with the conveniences and technology they come with they are a complete bargain especially compared to any compatibly equipped full size suv. Try a new $80,000 Platinum Expedition! Sorry guys, rant over!:cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread