12" Uconnect Reset?

Cruzer1

It's been a while since I posed but I am still having issues with the 12" Uconnect radio. Today I drove from home to work with a blank screen (pictured). Again, I am not aware of a way to reset the unit. I am experiencing a problem pretty much everyday. Blank screen, stuck on CarPlay (after the phone is disconnected), no sound/volume control, no way to use the year trial of Uconnect app, it simply doesn't work (remote start, unlock...etc). Another good one is when using CarPlay and a notification displays, after cleared from the phone Uconnect carplay screen will flash on and off continuously (very embarrassing).

Not sure if the TSB will address these problems. Very frustrating that the bugs haven't been worked through fast than this. I still love my truck. Uconnect 12.1 Frozen.jpg

jschultz

I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited 4x4 last week. I too am having trouble with the radio storing and keeping the presets. It did put them in the favorites tab but won't keep the presets. I have also noticed that the weather radar does not work under travel link. I talked with customer support and they have tried a few things, none of which worked. They recommended calling the local dealer. So I did. They said they may have to replace the radio or do a software/system update that could take 3 hours to complete. I love the truck but would really like to get this fixed.

jschultz

Update: to my surprise, the presets, home screen, and map issue has been resolved. The only thing I did is go to the siriusxm website on my computer, login, and then under the "my subscriptions" tab clicked on the "I want to" drop down and selected send a refresh signal to this radio. Hopefully, that may help others too.

Neurobit

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Website
www.aesweapons.com
Update: to my surprise, the presets, home screen, and map issue has been resolved. The only thing I did is go to the siriusxm website on my computer, login, and then under the "my subscriptions" tab clicked on the "I want to" drop down and selected send a refresh signal to this radio. Hopefully, that may help others too.
Glad to know. Thanks for posting this.

While I haven't experienced your issue, I did lose the actual station icons a few times for a day or two.
It's been fine for a few months now but I will use this technique if it happens again.

Cheers,

Rick W

Bought my truck about 3 weeks ago, for the first 2 weeks the nav search worked fine. Now is says it is offline any body know how to get it back online?

My 2109 ram Limited with the 12" Connect started really screwing up today, 1st I answered a call and it wouldn't;t hang up on the screen even though the call was no long on my phone, the the radio was useless at that point, after letting it sit for over a hour turned off, I got back and everything seemed to be ok and then I get a call and the same thing happened. I stopped again for about 2 hours and when I got back in everything seemed to working until I stopped and then the wifi stopped working, I stopped again for about 2 hours and the wifi started working again but after going on the road for about 10 minutes I get a phone call and during the call the sound went out, but I was able to hang up the call but the sound never did come back on. I drove it straight to the dealer service dept where it is now, Will update what happens from here.

Cruzer1

Picked up my truck from the dealership last night. The 12" unit appears to be in good working order. Car Play is working as I would expect and the software upgrade also fixed UConnect app in the truck where I can now auto start and lock the truck remotely. I highly recommend the TSB radio service from the dealer.

Neurobit

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Website
www.aesweapons.com
Picked up my truck from the dealership last night. The 12" unit appears to be in good working order. Car Play is working as I would expect and the software upgrade also fixed UConnect app in the truck where I can now auto start and lock the truck remotely. I highly recommend the TSB radio service from the dealer.
Congrats. Mine is fine also. Every once in a blue moon it might freeze, which resolves by turning the truck off and on again. Even then, I would not trade if for any of the other infotainment units I've had. It's hands on the best one yet for me, and it will only get better with software updates, etc.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)