5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 inch Uconnect update????

tarnished2929

Reaction score
I have been reading that there was supposed to have been an update for the 12 inch uconnect system in the 4th quarter last year to correct the some issues. Issues such as the voice search doesn't work. When I first picked up my truck it worked just fine. I was able to voice search for addresses or business's. That only lasted about a month. Since then it hasn't worked and what is with the searching offline. Sometimes it never does find anything. When will this be addressed. I know the updates are supposed to go over the air. Does anybody know if the update came out?

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Why not search the forum as there are multiple threads on this and latest OTA updates.

Here’s just one of them.

gencon

Reaction score
I have been reading that there was supposed to have been an update for the 12 inch uconnect system in the 4th quarter last year to correct the some issues. Issues such as the voice search doesn't work. When I first picked up my truck it worked just fine. I was able to voice search for addresses or business's. That only lasted about a month. Since then it hasn't worked and what is with the searching offline. Sometimes it never does find anything. When will this be addressed. I know the updates are supposed to go over the air. Does anybody know if the update came out?
There is an update to correct the search offline issue. It is update #24888. FCA is delaying it because they do not know if they are going to release it as a satellite update, or make you go to your dealership where they will download it from their systems to upload into your vehicle.
If they decide to make you go to the dealership, if you have not complained to your dealer and buiult a file, you will be charged for the update.
I also found out that any updates to your computer system, that is not sent by satellite, is a dealer "chargeable" update unless it is being uploaded as a "fix' for an issue you might have.
If you wait until the 3/36 is up before registering an issue, you have to pay.
I am waiting for a class action suit to be filed, for selling you a vehicle that requires computer updates that are not included in ownership.

So, use your phone GPS until they issue the update

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 12 inch screen and mine always says offline for the nav but it always takes me to the destination I put in , I guess that just means that it’s using the programmed maps in the system ? I’ve never had a problem with it though .

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the 12 inch screen and mine always says offline for the nav but it always takes me to the destination I put in , I guess that just means that it’s using the programmed maps in the system ? I’ve never had a problem with it though .
Yep. This.

Buck

Reaction score
There is an update to correct the search offline issue. It is update #24888. FCA is delaying it because they do not know if they are going to release it as a satellite update, or make you go to your dealership where they will download it from their systems to upload into your vehicle.
If they decide to make you go to the dealership, if you have not complained to your dealer and buiult a file, you will be charged for the update.
I also found out that any updates to your computer system, that is not sent by satellite, is a dealer "chargeable" update unless it is being uploaded as a "fix' for an issue you might have.
If you wait until the 3/36 is up before registering an issue, you have to pay.
I am waiting for a class action suit to be filed, for selling you a vehicle that requires computer updates that are not included in ownership.

So, use your phone GPS until they issue the update
Were did you see this information

gencon

Reaction score
Were did you see this information
I drove 11 hours to the dealership I bought my truck from. Where I live, the dealership is the size of a postage stamp and I cant get anything technical done.
I have been going back and forth with Chrysler care, here is their latest email

Good Afternoon,

The latest update which has been sent out over the air and should get to your vehicle anytime will get you to version 33.3. The update prior to this was 28.1. I have no information on an update for 24888. That would not be a software update.

The search online feature is not available in the 2020 vehicle at this as well as it is something being worked on by the engineers.

Thank you and have a great day

Dianne
UConnect Case Manager
1-800-826-6632
Ext:3020723

I received this email 2 days ago. I have NEVER rec eived an OTA update. My son has a 2020 3500 with 12 inch screen. Not only does his GPS search online, he has received 3 OTA updates in 60 days.
In my opinion, Uconnect has these poor people , hourly workers, who are not engineers, trying to placate you.
If anyone has received this OTA update, let me know if it works.

Last, If you need a GPS map update, regardless of warranty, you have to purchase those. So, after I finally get the unit to actually work, I will have to spend a few hundred to update it.

Buck

Reaction score
I drove 11 hours to the dealership I bought my truck from. Where I live, the dealership is the size of a postage stamp and I cant get anything technical done.
I have been going back and forth with Chrysler care, here is their latest email

Good Afternoon,

The latest update which has been sent out over the air and should get to your vehicle anytime will get you to version 33.3. The update prior to this was 28.1. I have no information on an update for 24888. That would not be a software update.

The search online feature is not available in the 2020 vehicle at this as well as it is something being worked on by the engineers.

Thank you and have a great day

Dianne
UConnect Case Manager
1-800-826-6632
Ext:3020723

I received this email 2 days ago. I have NEVER rec eived an OTA update. My son has a 2020 3500 with 12 inch screen. Not only does his GPS search online, he has received 3 OTA updates in 60 days.
In my opinion, Uconnect has these poor people , hourly workers, who are not engineers, trying to placate you.
If anyone has received this OTA update, let me know if it works.

Last, If you need a GPS map update, regardless of warranty, you have to purchase those. So, after I finally get the unit to actually work, I will have to spend a few hundred to update it.
Has anyone found a way to actually speak to a engineer

aametzger

Reaction score
Mine just prompted for an OTA update tonight when I shut the truck off after running errands. it's updating now, said 44 min to update

EddieW

Reaction score
My 2019 limited updated last night. Photos of old and new software below. Went from software 18.45.40 to 19.49.13

I'll let you know if it fixes the bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_185816.jpg
    IMG_20200227_185816.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    IMG_20200217_114631.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: Jtr

Abesosa

Reaction score
b9f73b6cf1384bcc93461b404c1d6e38.jpg

It’s happening

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 limited updated last night. Photos of old and new software below. Went from software 18.45.40 to 19.49.13

I'll let you know if it fixes the bugs.
There is hope in this world, afterall. :)

RammyShand

Reaction score
Got mine as well......

To my surprise, this afternoon I received notification that an update was available. Of course, I IMMEDIATELY accepted and 30 minutes later was all done. I have a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited - June 2019 build

DSloan

Reaction score
Mine just updated this afternoon and now is missing several functions that I had before. The camera icons are gone so it no longer appears, even in reverse. The passenger comfort controls, such as seat warmer & ventilation, are gone too, as well as all Sirius related functions...who knows what else.

Anyone else have any issues with this latest update?

maddog49

Reaction score
Mine just updated this afternoon and now is missing several functions that I had before. The camera icons are gone so it no longer appears, even in reverse. The passenger comfort controls, such as seat warmer & ventilation, are gone too, as well as all Sirius related functions...who knows what else.

Anyone else have any issues with this latest update?
This is normal behaviour. The truck has a chip that connects to all "accessories" and loads them into the software. After any updates or battery disconnects it will take a few hours for everything to show back up again. It's how the software is set to load and detect.

DSloan

Reaction score
This is normal behaviour. The truck has a chip that connects to all "accessories" and loads them into the software. After any updates or battery disconnects it will take a few hours for everything to show back up again. It's how the software is set to load and detect.
Thank you for that info, maddog. I was about to go into panic mode thinking I’d be making a trip to the dealership in the near future. Guess I’ll continue to hurry up & wait then. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online