5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘22 UConnect 5 staying on after turning truck off?

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 and have set the power delay to 0 so once I turn my truck off everything else should turn off correct? Especially once I open the driver door the radio should be off right?

My radio will turn off then turn back on or just stay on and not turn off at all and keep playing music like the truck isn’t off and driver door isn’t open. I’ve also had an issue where it would freeze and restart itself, as well as Map widget not appearing. Have to hold the power button until the screen turns off to be able to leave the truck.

Anyone else experienced things like this?

Roman2179

Reaction score
What version are you on? You may just need to update your radio.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine doesn't do that, but it does the opposite. When I start the truck, it boots up (and even shows my reverse camera view when backing up). But then the screen goes black and I have to hit the power button to turn it on. After that, it's fine. For the life of me, I can't find a setting that would cause this to happen.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
What version are you on? You may just need to update your radio.
I will have to check in the settings. Any way to force an update check? The UConnect update website that you input your VIN says I’m up to date but I don’t know how much to trust that.

George Bednar

Reaction score
Mine only seems to stay on after the ignition has been shut off and door open and closed before an update appears for installation. Usually a few hours prior to the notification. Could just be a coincidence I guess, but it has happen both time I have received an update since I purchased my truck in late July 2022.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 and have set the power delay to 0 so once I turn my truck off everything else should turn off correct? Especially once I open the driver door the radio should be off right?

My radio will turn off then turn back on or just stay on and not turn off at all and keep playing music like the truck isn’t off and driver door isn’t open. I’ve also had an issue where it would freeze and restart itself, as well as Map widget not appearing. Have to hold the power button until the screen turns off to be able to leave the truck.

Anyone else experienced things like this?
Starkhaus,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Mine only seems to stay on after the ignition has been shut off and door open and closed before an update appears for installation. Usually a few hours prior to the notification. Could just be a coincidence I guess, but it has happen both time I have received an update since I purchased my truck in late July 2022.
So you’re saying you’ll turn the truck off, open your door and the screen will stay on then eventually display needing an update? I wonder if that’s what mine is trying to do. Radio keeps playing like normal and everything when mine does it

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you’re saying you’ll turn the truck off, open your door and the screen will stay on then eventually display needing an update? I wonder if that’s what mine is trying to do. Radio keeps playing like normal and everything when mine does it
Mine did this for a day or two before the last update appeared.

PDiddy

Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same thing. Turn the truck off, open the door and the stereo keeps playing. When it does it I keep thinking I’m doing something wrong. I’ll check for updates on line too.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was your radio still playing like normal as well?
Yes, that was the only thing that was different.

I still have black screen issues. Had a new one tonight though. Driving along with Nav going on the Nav full screen listening to SiriusXM, the music stopped, there was a quiet buzzing and the screen froze. Then it completely rebooted and was fine after that.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Yes, that was the only thing that was different.

I still have black screen issues. Had a new one tonight though. Driving along with Nav going on the Nav full screen listening to SiriusXM, the music stopped, there was a quiet buzzing and the screen froze. Then it completely rebooted and was fine after that.
Mike did that exact thing the other night two times in a row. Screen/music froze, was a somewhat loud buzz noise, froze, restarted, then was fine. Haven’t had that one happen again since though

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram Cares told me 24.13 is the most recent for my truck is that 26.15 safe?
Hello Starkhaus,

Looking at your VIN, your vehicle needs to get to S24.13 first. No new update has rolled out on your vehicle as of yet.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread