5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘22 UConnect 5 staying on after turning truck off?

Roman2179

Reaction score
‘22 and 12 Inch. I’m going to the dealer in a couple days to see if they can update it
Dealer will not be able to update it for you until your VIN hits the update rollout schedule. Last I knew, they are in the late January / early February build dates.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
Same here. Let us know what you find out, please.
Well I just got the OTA last night got 24.13 some timing on that lol. So far so good, only had two drives since updating but seems to be more stable.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I just got the OTA last night got 24.13 some timing on that lol. So far so good, only had two drives since updating but seems to be more stable.
I just checked. That's what I have.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine has been doing the same thing. Turn the truck off, open the door and the stereo keeps playing. When it does it I keep thinking I’m doing something wrong. I’ll check for updates on line too.
Hello PDiddy,

If you wish for us to look further into this for you, please send us a PM, we'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

Twil6

Reaction score
Do new built trucks always come with the latest version?

Anarki

Reaction score
I had this issue after an OTA update failed. I applied the latest firmware via usb and everything went back to normal.

reapur

Reaction score
My experience is similar to the OP.
I have the timer set to zero, so I open the door and the screen turns off. then it comes back on and goes straight to the screen where it wants me to connect to wifi. I couldn't figure out why it was asking this.
I ignored it for a couple days and did some searches but couldn't really find a satisfactory answer. so I connected to wifi. nothing seemed to happened after that.

Then I'm getting gas, I get back in, and it's doing and update and tells me not to move and keep it in park!!! a bit heavy handed don't ya think. So I drove home.

obviously during the update the screens got all screwed up and flickers and all that, but it seems to have updated something.
For a couple days after the update, there were weird glitches, like one time the screen turned on and then froze, holding the volume down for a while didn't do anything, I had to pull over and wait for all the lights to go out, then started it and it came back normally.

My AA broke, what I had to do is forget my phone and uconnect and start over, seems ok now.

The current version is: FCA-MY22.S24.13-PROD. I seem to be far behind the updates somehow. I have a 22 1500 Limited night ed, with 1000 miles on it.

One thing I was hoping this update would fix was full screen AA and the ability to remove profiles altogether, a vile idea especially for those of us with one driver. The stupid thing randomly switches to profile 2 in the middle of a drive. I've never setup a profile nor do I want to use one, yet there seems to be no way to use have a default setup. BTW I use one fob, the other is in the safe with no battery.

I don't know what this updated, my googling is failing me, but the screen is now noticeably slower in fully booting up. It used to be ready for me to use it before I switched to R to back out. now I have to sit there and wait for it to give me touch control.

BTW, for those who keep seeing the screen turn itself back on, I did notice that the sw gods seem to (internally) nullify our choice in how many seconds to leave the radio on after power off. What I did (before getting the update) was to go in and set the delay to the next lowest, 45secs, and then turn off the truck and waited many minutes, then went back in and set it to zero. seemed to have fixed that issue.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do new built trucks always come with the latest version?
Hi Twil6,

If you need assistance with checking your software version, feel welcome to message us and we can verify this with you!

Steph
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread