5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares theres multiple threads on this very poor uconnect remote functionality when is Sirius or Ram going to do something or at least acknowlege the problem publicly.
So I called Sirius again this evening re my remote app issue and a few other Uconnect issues. Once again Sirius was able to remotely access my vehicle and I was able to do it shortly after they did. This has been an ongoing problem. After it sits for a bit however the app doesn't work for me but always works for them. They claim hardware issue but I'm not buying it. I'll see what happens tomorrow.
Part 2: I called a different Sirius number about the issue where the channel defaults to Channel 1 the Sirius Preview channel. After listening to the sales pitch for an offer to extend my Sirius once the trial is over they connected me to the tech department. According to them it's a known issue with the 2019 RAM. They are supposedly working on a fix.
Part 3: I called yet another Sirius number about the Nav offline search problem and the inability to use voice activated commands. The customer service rep said he doesn't have an answer but he could see what I was talking about on his simulator. He gave me the number of the software company and suggested I call them tomorrow.
Really Sirius/Uconnect, this is the help we get from you?

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Man! that is unbelievable. Call the software company! So if I have a defect in my leather on the seat I should call the rancher who sold them the cow. LOL Im sure the software company got paid for there work but I know Sirius is going to lose a lot of paying customers over all these issues they are having. What a kluge!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man! that is unbelievable. Call the software company! So if I have a defect in my leather on the seat I should call the rancher who sold them the cow. LOL Im sure the software company got paid for there work but I know Sirius is going to lose a lot of paying customers over all these issues they are having. What a kluge!
Yep. Just called the software company. Their response was call Uconnect back or the dealer because they have no clue. Unfriggingreal.

zignice

Reaction score
My Uconnect remote access via the app worked since May when I purchased the truck. Then out of nowhere last month, it just stopped working.

TooTall

Reaction score
This whole UConnect thing is just weak, it was obviously sent to production too soon on the 12" screen, since thigns like the status with mileage and vehicle reports not available, plus this remote start only for an hour after the truck shuts off. I have pinged @RamCares on here multiple times with no response so evidently @RamCares really doesn't give a hoot.

My dealer said they would try to figure it out as well, but like others, I really don't want my dash torn into for something I am pretty confident will need a fix to come from Ram or Sirius or both together.

so @RamCares do you really "Care" can you help all of us get what we paid for??

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This whole UConnect thing is just weak, it was obviously sent to production too soon on the 12" screen, since thigns like the status with mileage and vehicle reports not available, plus this remote start only for an hour after the truck shuts off. I have pinged @RamCares on here multiple times with no response so evidently @RamCares really doesn't give a hoot.

My dealer said they would try to figure it out as well, but like others, I really don't want my dash torn into for something I am pretty confident will need a fix to come from Ram or Sirius or both together.

so @RamCares do you really "Care" can you help all of us get what we paid for??
I have contacted Uconnect and Sirius many times about the issue. No help at all. They dont care. Its paid for already.

TrackDay

Reaction score
I'm bringing mine in with 8.4in screen next week since my Assist button also stopped working. My app has never worked well nor the Mopar site for remote commands. My online vehicle status has not updated since Jan 3. So I'm bringing it in for the Assist button and lost communications and Uconnect tech says they will create a STAR case for my remote app issue while the truck is there.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm bringing mine in with 8.4in screen next week since my Assist button also stopped working. My app has never worked well nor the Mopar site for remote commands. My online vehicle status has not updated since Jan 3. So I'm bringing it in for the Assist button and lost communications and Uconnect tech says they will create a STAR case for my remote app issue while the truck is there.
Keep us posted. I'd love to have an answer to the remote app failure issue.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I hope we can get a resolution soon. I really would like to have now during winter as I wouldn't use much in the summer.

Reactions: MJP

Rich

Reaction score
I tested my truck after sitting all night I was able to remote start it using the Uconnect app on my Android with no problem. I have the 8.4 display with Nav. My truck is an October build.

I don't know if this info will help you.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tested my truck after sitting all night I was able to remote start it using the Uconnect app on my Android with no problem. I have the 8.4 display with Nav. My truck is an October build.

Mine definitely wont work after it sits for more than 20 mins.

Rich

Reaction score
Mine definitely wont work after it sits for more than 20 mins.

Do you have the 12 inch screen? Using apple or Android?

I can list my.software.versions if it will help.

Maybe if we compare what I have, it will help you?

TooTall

Reaction score

you have 8.4 display, the problems are only with the 12 inch model from what I can tell.

TT

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
Mine 12 inch was working the first month and now isn't working. Spent several hours with XM gaurdian still no fix..

Laramiepete

Reaction score
The problems are with both the 12" and the 8.4" screens. I have the 8.4" w/nav screen and everything works great except the remote commands from the app or the website. It holds all my settings, the assist and SOS buttons work, I had the TSB done for the HK amp and the sound is great. No one can seem to figure it out and "Ram Cares" is not touching this because they have no answers or they think it is too trivial compared to some of the other problems people are having.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Mine is also a 8.4in and the remote app and web site commands almost never worked. It's now at the dealer and they are trying to diagnose the Assist button and lack of communication for vehicle updates on the Mopar website. Star case started.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Mine is also a 8.4in and the remote app and web site commands almost never worked. It's now at the dealer and they are trying to diagnose the Assist button and lack of communication for vehicle updates on the Mopar website. Star case started.
Please keep us updated, I hope the Star case can help shed some light on the problem.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
Sirius XM says it seems to be a hardware issue which I highly doubt.. ridiculous. Possibly stopped working after the amp update? Anyone getting this to work

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sirius XM says it seems to be a hardware issue which I highly doubt.. ridiculous. Possibly stopped working after the amp update? Anyone getting this to work
Mine stopped working way before the amp update was done so I dont think it's related. Sirius and RAM need to resolve this as it's ridiculous that we cant use one of the big features of our very expensive system. What a joke. Its undoubtedly a software issue.

Users who are viewing this thread