5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram with the crosshair grill was always easy to spot. Silverado up until about 2018 were the same… you knew a Chevy when you seen it. Ford well always been ugly so we ignore those lol.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion I would rather have the thin steel or aluminum bumper than painted plastic especially on a truck with such a hefty MSRP. I wouldn’t expect a factory bumper to withhold a collision with a deer or such but could take a decent hit compared to plastic even if that means the paint takes some damage. Regardless I mentioned it before…. Ppf always if its painted on the front end but it seems guys have no problem committing 70k+ for a truck but when it comes to spending $1-2k on PPF they lose their minds and divert to this is the only painted front end I have etc that has had this many chips etc etc it likes talking to coworkers when the ask about the line in my film where it stops and why its there and I give a quick spill on PPF and point out why it was done as I point out their completely trashed rockchip front ends but all they can comprehend is the $1-2k price it would typically run.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion I would rather have the thin steel or aluminum bumper than painted plastic especially on a truck with such a hefty MSRP. I wouldn’t expect a factory bumper to withhold a collision with a deer or such but could take a decent hit compared to plastic even if that means the paint takes some damage. Regardless I mentioned it before…. Ppf always if its painted on the front end but it seems guys have no problem committing 70k+ for a truck but when it comes to spending $1-2k on PPF they lose their minds and divert to this is the only painted front end I have etc that has had this many chips etc etc it likes talking to coworkers when the ask about the line in my film where it stops and why its there and I give a quick spill on PPF and point out why it was done as I point out their completely trashed rockchip front ends but all they can comprehend is the $1-2k price it would typically run.
The plastic is just a cover over top a metal bumper. Will be able to withstand the same impact as without the plastic cover.

MT755

Reaction score
Sure, but you couldn't get a regular 5.7L anymore in 1500 since the end of 2022 model year?
True, and another negative is the Hurricane's mpg ratings include start/stop like the 22 hemi etorque. So, with the SO the only thing your gaining is more power and less emissions.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The plastic is just a cover over top a metal bumper. Will be able to withstand the same impact as without the plastic cover.
Which is better? Does the set up save on weight? Maybe its cheaper to repair after an accident.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep I know this. I’m more or less referring to damage thats strong enough to crack the plastic (like road debris) but other then paint damage metal bumper would withstand.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I know this. I’m more or less referring to damage thats strong enough to crack the plastic (like road debris) but other then paint damage metal bumper would withstand.
Unless you are in sub zero temps, it shouldn't bmcrack the plastic. The plastic will flex and return. I have a bumper cover on my Dakota that survived an accident where zi rear-ended a Ford Ranger and bent the bumoer underneath and put a hole in my transmission cooler. Replaced the metal bumper and slapped the bumper cover back on. Just hit it with another coat of primer, since it was just primer white to begin with

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
This was a good video posted of the 1st time 2025 Tradesman + Laramie Towing. Liked the Laramie as it’s comparable to what I use now for towing and think the SO engine is a good fit. That back up option should be dropped from the truck. If you don’t know how to back up a trailer you shouldn’t be pulling one. Those tow mirrors will be $1000+ a side to replace if hit.

Really glad I ordered a 2022 non-etorque Laramie when I did. These new 2025 trucks are grossly overpriced for the average owner that spends the majority of the time hauling air in the bed, driving in the city and stuck in freeway traffic as some said the epa suggests.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
True, and another negative is the Hurricane's mpg ratings include start/stop like the 22 hemi etorque. So, with the SO the only thing your gaining is more power and less emissions.

Absolutely, it's a compliance engine in the RAM, though likely a good one even though it's tow/haul rating actually went down. I would probably love it in a Jeep Wrangler.

oledirteh

Reaction score
i will say i drove the jeep wagoneer with the turbo what ever motor in it that these are and its pretty amazing. i think it was the 500hpish version. i dont know anything about them. but i know it boogied

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
i will say i drove the jeep wagoneer with the turbo what ever motor in it that these are and its pretty amazing. i think it was the 500hpish version. i dont know anything about them. but i know it boogied
The Wagoneer has the standard output (SO) Hurricane engine, while the Grand Wagoneer has the high output (HO) version. If you test drove a Wagoneer it was the SO version.

ChrisID

Reaction score
Anyone know if *** comes on these SO or HO engines, and if so, can it be deleted permanently?
This lone factor may make me to keep my 20 and 21 longer.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Anyone know if *** comes on these SO or HO engines, and if so, can it be deleted permanently?
This lone factor may make me to keep my 20 and 21 longer.

I don't know what the three asterisk mean but I'm going to take an educated guess and go with EGR.

If so, then the engines probably do come with it. Majority of all engines in the USA have an EGR.

You can delete anything you want, as long as you're willing to pay. These engines are new to the market, so the aftermarket hasn't begun doing much R&D to them.

oledirteh

Reaction score
The Wagoneer has the standard output (SO) Hurricane engine, while the Grand Wagoneer has the high output (HO) version. If you test drove a Wagoneer it was the SO version.
it was the grand daddy. the 100k+ one. i had it as a loaner when my ram was in the shop getting looked at for a trans code.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Props to @PetePA he found a limited longhorn is in production. If you check the ram site and filter limiteds,longhorns and tungsten’s. I saw 2 longhorns and 2 limiteds in production as of today (March 23rd). So it looks like the HOs might have finally started. Woo hoo.
talked to my salesman Saturday, he said he was told they were going to start heavy on the HO models this week. mine was still sitting in C though.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
it was the grand daddy. the 100k+ one. i had it as a loaner when my ram was in the shop getting looked at for a trans code.

They provided a GW as a loaner? Damn, that's not happening in my area. My local dealership provides low trim level cars and trucks as loaners. The next closest one provides rentals, but again are pretty much low trim level models.

I'll definitely be test driving the HO when they finally hit the lots later in the year. I'm curious about the SO but not enough to test drive one.

oledirteh

Reaction score
i have no clue why they have it on the lot lol. only reason i knew about it is cause my buddy was having problems with his 23 eco and they kept giving it to him as a loaner. the thing is a absolute unit. i felt like i was in a spaceship lol. it had so many screens, passenger side, driverside, rear, everyone had a screen lol. air ride, sport, trail ect. and thing was fast. got like 16 miles a gallon too LOL.

as nice as it was, im not paying 109k for it (Still had the window sticker)

Users who are viewing this thread