5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 First Drive: No More Hemi

dajogejr

Reaction score
I wish I had read this forum before buying my truck and purchased the GMC Denali instead of the Ram. I've already had the steering wheel replaced under warranty. I need to schedule another return to the dealer as my left turn single will not cancel after the turn. Just yesterday, the radio stopped shutting off when I open the door. It shuts off about 2 minutes after getting out and closing the door. I even removed the key off delay and it still remains on when the truck is off and the door is open.

I'm getting very close to taking a big loss and trading a new truck on something else. I'm sick and tired of getting in a new ~$80k truck and not being confident that I will make it home without something breaking.

My turn signal didn’t cancel after a left turn either… I read here known problem. At that time, also read it was on back order.
Figure when I took it in for its first oil change I’d mention it to the dealer. At/around 6K miles, no more issues.
I can’t recreate the turn signal not canceling every time. If I can’t get it to do it..the chance a dealer is gonna replace it is slim.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lots of sentences Silver, but again, it doesn't make me want to go to 30W. I'm not being difficult, I just remain unconvinced, like that the majority of owners out that, not just for RAMs, but other vehicles that also run 20W where similar discussions are also being had. Everything you are saying I was hearing back in 1999 when Ford switched to 5W-20 on the F150, even back speced previous years that were no longer tied to CAFE. Right up to our new Suburban, same discussions and no conclusion from anyone anywhere.

How come in all these years of these engines on the roads, all the tune shops and builders, all the owners, that there isn't a clear validation that 20W is only for economy and we should all move to 30W. Again, as you said, you 30W users are only a small group, why is that? Why aren't more people convinced, even this forum, which is comprised of mostly "enthusiast" who don't represent the majority of owners, that isn't there a clear preferences? Because maybe like me, we aren't convinced the switch is better.

And that's fine, you can remain unconvinced. It's not my problem 🤷‍♂️

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@SD Rebel and @silver billet while I also enjoy a discussion/banter about who is right. Put it to bed, you hijacked a thread and made it about oil.

The OP is excited to drive this version of the truck.

Hamesie

Reaction score
Yet another interesting-math on the Longhorn pricing "The Limited Longhorn sees the biggest increase, jumping by $13,460 over 2024 prices to $77,150."

2025 Longhorn starts at $77,606
2024 Longhorn started (beginning of model year June 2023) $68,785
2024 Longhorn ended (end of model year November 2023) $70,285
Gap $8,821... not shy by any means, but also not $13,460
RAM aka Stellantis is pricing themselves out of the market. The RAM was the blue collar and affordable truck... now they think they own the road and can price however they want to. I feel bad for anyone who puts themselves in debt to buy the newer versions. I concur with a statement that was made, lease the dam thing, run it into the ground and flip the keys right back. Once these engines have proven themselves long-term durability, at that time, maybe consider purchasing one that is used and reasonably priced.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
RAM aka Stellantis is pricing themselves out of the market. The RAM was the blue collar and affordable truck... now they think they own the road and can price however they want to. I feel bad for anyone who puts themselves in debt to buy the newer versions. I concur with a statement that was made, lease the dam thing, run it into the ground and flip the keys right back. Once these engines have proven themselves long-term durability, at that time, maybe consider purchasing one that is used and reasonably priced.
Yes they have made some significant errors in pricing, as we can see by Stellantis having to re-invoice ALL HD RAMS this month.
However, I am as critical of journalists (if we can use that term any longer) as I am of OEM advertisements - fact check both was the point.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To bad, if you're not the OP or a mod I'm not going to lose any sleep over a discussion that morphs as they always tend to do over time.
OK
My man, you're 100% hopeless. You run whatever you want, I'm not discussing this any further as it's waste of time.
Yet you won't stop. My oil is better than your oil because it is slippery.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I remember when people would complain about power door locks and power windows, as just another thing that will fail and cost more money to fix.

I won't be getting a 3.0 because it's a 1st run of a newer tech put out by Ram. I see all their failures first hand. Hurricanes eating their catalytic converters, cylinder walls scoring, are just a few issues. I think no oil dip stick is one of the dumbest things yet. On a positive note, I think they finally fixed the manifold issues on this engine 😀.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you work in a dealership right? Just wanted to point this out because I tend to more stock into what you (and others similar to you) say.

I'm right there with you. I don't even know what to say to the no oil dipstick.

I'm only 40 but I'm one of those guys now who doesn't trust "brand new shiny tech." Let others deal with the headache until they figure it out.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I think this is a Euro centric view on the brand and those in charge of the brand in the US weren't strong enough to convince them that a V8 was necessary. I guess we'll find out.
You might be right. It's just unfortunately, a trend that seems to be unstoppable.

I, probably like you, come from the generation of not even being able to conceive of not offering a V8 option in a half-ton. When the NA V6 options came out, I could understand that. Maybe someone who just does some light-hauling, minimal towing, and basically needs a means of transport while throwing tools in the back? OK.

But trying to fill the V8 hole with a turbocharged I-6 in a half-ton? Eeesh.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm only 40 but I'm one of those guys now who doesn't trust "brand new shiny tech." Let others deal with the headache until they figure it out.
Your engine could be overfilled by 3 quarts and you wouldn't know.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You might be right. It's just unfortunately, a trend that seems to be unstoppable.

I, probably like you, come from the generation of not even being able to conceive of not offering a V8 option in a half-ton. When the NA V6 options came out, I could understand that. Maybe someone who just does some light-hauling, minimal towing, and basically needs a means of transport while throwing tools in the back? OK.

But trying to fill the V8 hole with a turbocharged I-6 in a half-ton? Eeesh.

Yup, get them while you can. However, we still hae GM and Ford options likely in the future for quite a bit, GM has recently invested almost 1 billion into brining their small block V8s into compliance, likely to see first use starting in 2028, first in the C8 Corvette and then their truck line. I think the 5.0L is good until the Mustang stops using it, which the last ICE generation just came out, so 7-8 years more.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
There is a oil level gauge in the cluster.

That is actually pretty cool but what they SHOULD have is a dipstick AND that.

Yup, get them while you can. However, we still hae GM and Ford options likely in the future for quite a bit, GM has recently invested almost 1 billion into brining their small block V8s into compliance, likely to see first use starting in 2028, first in the C8 Corvette and then their truck line. I think the 5.0L is good until the Mustang stops using it, which the last ICE generation just came out, so 7-8 years more.

It will be a long time for me (hopefully) as I plan to drive my 2019 till it dies. Who knows where the world will be then. Hopefully that's much later than sooner lol.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The oil level is one thing but being able to see the oil with your own eyes to examine it's condition is another.

I would guess the algorithms that turn on the oil change indicator more accurately senses oil condition than what a person can determine by just looking at oil on the dipstick.

Users who are viewing this thread