5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Gren71

Reaction score
I had a set is sumos i kept from my gladiator under the ram. They worked well but are probably under performing with the heavier truck. We’re moving into camping season and i pull my camper a lot.

So I got a set of these knock off “rear suspension enhancements”

They installed easy but sat pretty dang close to the frame. Closer than the sumos for sure…and since theyre just rubber when they engage theyre pretty harsh. The sumos were wayyy softer…but i want the performance of the heavier duty bump stops for trailering.

So i decided to cut them down so theyre a little shorter than the sumos. My theory is that theyll engage a little later but when they do they’ll provide more support.

So i cut them and got them back in. They didnt engage once during the test drive, completely preserving the stock plush suspension! If I jump in the bed they engage a bit. Ill report back this weekend when i hook up for my first trip. But im hesitantly optimistic this will work out.

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3278.jpeg
    IMG_3278.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3279.jpeg
    IMG_3279.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3282.jpeg
    IMG_3282.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3284.jpeg
    IMG_3284.jpeg
    149.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3285.png
    IMG_3285.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 43

ocwill1

Reaction score
.....JUST in time (I'm 100 miles from an oil change), I called Jim Foster at Pacbrake this morning and the updated HP10596 that replaces the HP10363 is now available in the US warehouse, so I've got one on the way! I've got a Fumoto F106S already and an SRT Oil Filter (had a couple left over from my Challenger SRT392), so just need to pickup some oil yet.
What is the difference between this one and the old model???

Ready Go

Reaction score
What is the difference between this one and the old model???
The two main O-rings that seal the adapter to the engine block are a new material..possibly viton.

If you zoom in on the pictures on Pacbrake's website, the O-rings are blue colored now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312-212838_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-212838_Samsung Internet.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240312-212823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-212823_Samsung Internet.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240312-212746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312-212746_Samsung Internet.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 37

Fbird

Reaction score
Update from Mopar Online Parts

THEY SUK!
Order my ehaust manifolds back on 02-19 IN STOCK!!!! Well after putting in an inquiry...manifolds should ship 03-08-24... Take a guess...NOPE I wait till 03-11 to inquire again...."the parts you ordered are out of stock"

If your going to order parts.... I would recomend Factory Chrysler Parts.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to find out who was supposed to be applying seam sealer in the spring of May 2021 and kick him square in the huevos. All in all, not a terrible teardown after watching some youtube. Couple coats of seam sealer this week and hopefully no more leaks. 🤞
1710332979980.png

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update from Mopar Online Parts

THEY SUK!
Order my ehaust manifolds back on 02-19 IN STOCK!!!! Well after putting in an inquiry...manifolds should ship 03-08-24... Take a guess...NOPE I wait till 03-11 to inquire again...."the parts you ordered are out of stock"

If your going to order parts.... I would recomend Factory Chrysler Parts.
Dude, you are not having much luck this week!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice weather today, washed the tonneau and slathered it up with 303 protectant. Checked tire pressure, had leaked down to 38/39 over winter, topped them off to 41 and will see how they like it.

JOzzz

Reaction score
35x12.5R20LT Kenda Klever R/T’s, ICON rear springs and Bilstein 5160 rear shocks to match the 6112’s (circlip #8) up front.

d214caa6d1874e0a838d4bfb1d520317.jpg

a4a6bea77fe2f91be794f2d635ff79ec.jpg

4f45a5c2d0f3376e7b970e4e652c2a2f.jpg

ff5824307108fdedacb59fe2d2855dcb.jpg

a71d2445b648bcbf6db58f5e11fb00fb.jpg
How is the noise level? My buddy just got the Venom power Terra hunter RT’s and they hum over 45.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my inner fenders sealed (hopefully). Gonna wait until tomorrow night for it to cure, then I'll water test it. In between coats, I rotated my tires and used the decent weather as a chance to wash the winter salt out of the inner wheel barrels. It needs an oil change and a complete detail, but we'll see how things go this weekend.
1710417994458.png
1710418007729.png
1710418041591.png

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
I had the rear window replaced after I developed the dreaded leak. I'm giving it about a week and then I'll get it tinted. I'm fortunate I was in the last 6 months of my extended warranty.

Cortesio

Reaction score
5eeb14f192cc7987a323b1faad363b06.jpg

I installed the BedRug XLT carpet bed mat. My uncle has the full BedRug liner in his F150 which I thought was pretty nice, but I’m not super impressed with this mat.

They shipped it without the installation hardware so I had to wait for customer service to mail me replacements. Once I got it installed I had a very “meh” feeling about the fit. The only thing holding the mat in is two long Velcro strips down either side of the middle of the mat. It doesn’t move around but all four corners don’t sit flat. It would have been better if they included four smaller Velcro patches in the corners to better secure those.

Despite my best effort, the piece covering the tailgate isn’t pulled tight and the Velcro adhesive didn’t stick very well. I thoroughly cleaned the attachment points with isopropyl alcohol and used the adhesive promoter, but the Velcro strips are holding tighter to the hook and loop than to the adhesive. If I try to remove the tailgate fabric I’m liable to take the adhered Velcro mounts with it. I’m not hopeful for the long term attachment.

I got this to have a nicer surface to lay golf bags on. One of my last bags developed a hole sliding around on the factory bed liner. Overall, not super impressed with the quality of the product given the price point. I’ll see how the summer goes and might have an update later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I installed the BedRug XLT carpet bed mat. My uncle has the full BedRug liner in his F150 which I thought was pretty nice, but I’m not super impressed with this mat.

They shipped it without the installation hardware so I had to wait for customer service to mail me replacements. Once I got it installed I had a very “meh” feeling about the fit. The only thing holding the mat in is two long Velcro strips down either side of the middle of the mat. It doesn’t move around but all four corners don’t sit flat. It would have been better if they included four smaller Velcro patches in the corners to better secure those.

Despite my best effort, the piece covering the tailgate isn’t pulled tight and the Velcro adhesive didn’t stick very well. I thoroughly cleaned the attachment points with isopropyl alcohol and used the adhesive promoter, but the Velcro strips are holding tighter to the hook and loop than to the adhesive. If I try to remove the tailgate fabric I’m liable to take the adhered Velcro mounts with it. I’m not hopeful for the long term attachment.

I got this to have a nicer surface to lay golf bags on. One of my last bags developed a hole sliding around on the factory bed liner. Overall, not super impressed with the quality of the product given the price point. I’ll see how the summer goes and might have an update later this year.

I have the XLT as well and love it. No issues with the adhesive, but I only did the tailgate. I didn't bother with the strips down the center of the bed. I've had mine maybe 6 months.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

If you have a spray in bediner, they have a separate install kit specific for bed liner. And part of j trucrions inckud using sand paper or wire brush to "rough up" the bed liner for the Velcro to adhere better.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have a spray in bediner, they have a separate install kit specific for bed liner. And part of j trucrions inckud using sand paper or wire brush to "rough up" the bed liner for the Velcro to adhere better.
I have the factory spray in liner. I didn't rough anything and didn't have any adhesive problems.

Users who are viewing this thread