5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear window surround crack.

Rando

Reaction score
So, I am on replacement window number 2 and it's been cold the last few mornings and I noticed my defroster is not working on the right glass, center and left side glass working. Ugh....

Not sure if I want to have them replace it again or just deal with it...
I’m on window number 3. I noticed the same thing this week. Defroster is no longer working. On another post someone mentioned that the contacts in the corner snap off or get rubbed thin during replacement. I haven’t had time to pull rear seats for a better look.

will4ya

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Laramie (18K miles) and just took it to the Dealership for a rear seat leak passenger side. They just called and informed me there is a crack in the frame and a replacement was ordered and the whole window will be replaced under warranty.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is 5 years old and I’ve never had the cracked rear window. I did have the leaking brake light and had my headliner replaced when it leaked so they removed my rear window to replace it and installed a new one. This was in my first year of ownership though. So I guess my rear window is about 4.5 years old
Maybe I jinxed myself with this one as I had to develop the leak maybe a month at most after this. I’ve been waiting on a back window since some time in January and I finally was updated today after they told me it would be in by the end of January. New tentative eta is 2/28…

cerbo

Reaction score
does anyone know if they ve re designed 2024 rear windows or stop lights. ??
I mean by now you d think they would.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
does anyone know if they ve re designed 2024 rear windows or stop lights. ??
I mean by now you d think they would.
The high mount stop lamp gasket was redesigned before 2024 not sure about the window. Something tells me no

cerbo

Reaction score
Which vid? It’s pulling up a bunch of them
The top one, works on my end. I posted 2. I like the silicone one better just in case it has to come apart. Polly would be harder to remove but same procedure.

cerbo

Reaction score
so here s a 2024 (built 12/23). see attached, looks like MAYBE the frame has changed as I don t see that faint discoloration line where the seam is. Someone posted a picture of that seam area that s lighter in color.
Just some info for those with issues.

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread