5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Egret

Reaction score
Tradesman Pricing

I admittedly haven’t been on this site very long, but I haven’t seen too many Tradesman builds. Most of y’all got some fancy trucks! Anyways, I thought this might interest some folks wanting to blur the lines between the Tradesman & Big Horn trim levels. I started my build with the Tradesman and then optioned it up from there. I considered the Big Horn, but it comes with things I don’t need as standard and I’d have still had to add the things that were must haves for me. Ultimately, this proved to be the most cost-effective build for me.

My Must Haves:
  • V8 Hemi
  • Crew Cab
  • 6.4 box
  • 4x4
  • 6 passengers
  • 33 gallon gas tank
  • 8.4 uConnect
  • Blind Spot
  • Tow Package

These are the only other options that appealed to me, but are ones I could live without:
  • LED headlights
  • 60/40 Rear Bench
  • Automatic adjustable seats
  • Heated seats & steering wheel
  • Night Edition

As you can see in my signature, rather than bump up to the Big Horn I optioned out my Tradesman with my must haves and added the Night Edition as the only option that wasn’t a must have. I should also point out that this build left me with a not-too-shabby max payload of 1,579 lbs given the cab, box, engine, drivetrain, gas tank, etc.

So, how’d pricing shake out?

MSRP: $59,790
MD Price (discounts, rebates, etc. + fees): $47,134.00, or $12,656.00 (21%) below MSRP
OTD (NC Tax + License): $49,005.65, or $10,784.35 (18%) below MSRP

Shout out to Anthony and the whole team over at Mark Dodge. I’ve never had a better vehicle buying experience in my life.

View attachment 175879
Your truck looks awesome!

Your "Must Haves" list looks almost the same as mine... I took the same approach as you except with a Big Horn instead of the Laramie (and I optioned it very similar to your build.) The only thing that I'm "missing" from what I'd like is the leather interior - but I've been looking into the Katzkin interiors and they look great... so I'll likely have the leather installed sometime during this year, and the truck will be perfect for me.

pillow popper

Reaction score
Your truck looks awesome!

Your "Must Haves" list looks almost the same as mine... I took the same approach as you except with a Big Horn instead of the Laramie (and I optioned it very similar to your build.) The only thing that I'm "missing" from what I'd like is the leather interior - but I've been looking into the Katzkin interiors and they look great... so I'll likely have the leather installed sometime during this year, and the truck will be perfect for me.
What do you think the damage is going to be to have something like that done?

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Would like to know if the Surround-View Camera System will be available on the 2025 Big Horn or still only with Laramie and above?

Cmlib28

Reaction score
Ram Rebel, nearly every option except the panoramic sunroof.
82k MSRP, no dealer add ons down to 71,500. So About 13% off.

Happy enough with the deal.

Drove it 2,000 miles with Comma AI assisting and probably only had my hands on the wheel for about 30 of those miles. Very relaxing.

Happy with everything so far but the ride is a bit firmer than I expected even with air ride.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Curious what others would do…. 2024 ram rebel g/t. Fully loaded. Stickers at $85k dealer offer with rebates is $74K. That’s about 13% off MSRP. I’ve told them my number is $71K which would be around 17% off MSRP.

what do you all think? Take the deal, wait and see what the rebates do tomorrow or hold out for $71K. View attachment 175825
there is plenty of room in that 85,200 msrp left for the dealer. you should be paying no more than dealer invoice and that still leaves the dealer 2-3K of hold back money and additional dealer discounts from Ram you never see those. but go in sit down and actually order a truck the bottom has the different prices listed and if he won't show it to you walk out. sales volume will make the dealer more money in the end and create loyal customers if they are treated correctly. which I think Marc dodge is doing this brilliantly and creating loyal customers from what I can understand by the comments here about Marc dodge. and I guess to say they are still making enough on each unit sold. they provide clear disclosure on their pricing.
I would ask your dealer to revisit your offer of 71 because he has the room to do it easily. if he lets you walk for that small difference, he is an idiot. dealers are trying their best to hold sales to window Msrp most I know are losing business over it. when I ordered 25 limited the MSRP window price never even came up. don't get me wrong dealers need to make a little money on each sale. but dealers don't need to net out a 10 grand profit on each sale. I haven't had a starting price on a truck at msrp for over 20 years. I always tell people before discussing numbers come to sales price on the vehicle if it is a lot inventory unit this is a little harder to decipher, but never pay Msrp. and walk out, another dealer will play ball. it's much easier to do all this ordering from the factory, because all info you need should be right in front of you to negotiate the price under Msrp. I really Marcs concept of the way they post there sales pricing and info broadly and honestly.

Egret

Reaction score
yeah, it will likely be between $1,800 - $2,000. I think they often run promos for $100 off, or 0% financing for a year... so you can negotiate the price. The sales rep sent these before and after photos of a sample retrofit - I think the ram logo stitching looks good. I'll probably go with solid black with white stitching, just like the photo.

Attachments

• imagepng_0.png
    imagepng_0.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 56
  • imagepng_1.png
    imagepng_1.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 56

pillow popper

Reaction score
yeah, it will likely be between $1,800 - $2,000. I think they often run promos for $100 off, or 0% financing for a year... so you can negotiate the price. The sales rep sent these before and after photos of a sample retrofit - I think the ram logo stitching looks good. I'll probably go with solid black with white stitching, just like the photo.
Very cool!

Kowalski

Reaction score
Curious what others would do…. 2024 ram rebel g/t. Fully loaded. Stickers at $85k dealer offer with rebates is $74K. That’s about 13% off MSRP. I’ve told them my number is $71K which would be around 17% off MSRP.

what do you all think? Take the deal, wait and see what the rebates do tomorrow or hold out for $71K. View attachment 175825
I love Mark Dodge I purchase my 2021 ram truck and dodge Scat Pack from them. Get their best deal on it them call Zack at Sterling Dodge in Opelousas, LA @ 337 942-1241 He will beat them by a $1000. Or at least he just did for me.

FYRSTIX

Reaction score
Some RAM incentives expired yesterday, like $4000 off or 3.9% financing on 2023s or 2024s sitting on a lot. I saw that they were to expire, but expected them to be replaced with something else, probably bigger since sales are not great right now.

Not!

Though the 10% off MSRP remains, the $4000 off is only available for 4x2 Big Horn models ( how many of these are there anyway) and the financing is now 4.9%.

Was the previous promotion that successful in clearing inventory? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.

JwRamJw

Reaction score
Some RAM incentives expired yesterday, like $4000 off or 3.9% financing on 2023s or 2024s sitting on a lot. I saw that they were to expire, but expected them to be replaced with something else, probably bigger since sales are not great right now.

Not!

Though the 10% off MSRP remains, the $4000 off is only available for 4x2 Big Horn models ( how many of these are there anyway) and the financing is now 4.9%.

Was the previous promotion that successful in clearing inventory? Doesn't look like it from what I can see.
In my region, it looks like it is 10% off of most 2024 models.

pillow popper

Reaction score
Would it make sense to purchase from Mark Dodge since I would have to ship the truck to California?
I can only speak on factory ordering, but yes. The cost to travel to pick it up in Lake Charles or to have it shipped to you (around a $1/mile, I believe) is more than offset by the savings you'll get. Even if it is a wash, which I highly doubt it will be, their streamlined no bs process makes them the clear choice in my opinion.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Would it make sense to purchase from Mark Dodge since I would have to ship the truck to California?

Purchasing from Mark Dodge makes sense on many levels, but the biggest for me was the hassle-free no-BS process. I'm about 1278 miles from their dealership and made the trip there and back. Well worth it. Especially since I can write off the expenses from my business and youtube channel since we made some videos. I would have driven it anyway. In over 35 years of buying cars, this was the best experience by far!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It may not be that bad, if you want to install yourself, it's not that hard. A friend of mine just bought a used Ford Expedition, that the only thing wrong, was driver's seat was torn. Google searched, and found exact factory leather seat cover, bottom only, for $50. I think they had full sets of replacement covers, for about 600.

6of36

Reaction score
I flew down to Houston, where they picked me up, and took me to the dealership. I drove 1,400 miles home. Take a Friday off work, and take 2 days to drive home. Enjoy the new truck.

ksarbau

Reaction score
I bought a new 2024 Laramie from Anthony at Mark Dodge a couple weeks ago. The deal was EXACTLY as advertised / discussed and was hands down the easiest, hassle-free car purchase of my life. These guys have a well-oiled machine and don’t play the usual games. They even helped me arrange transport to my home in NC which I thought was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend if you are considering a new Ram. Keith

BTW, the deal was $72k sticker -$10K dealer discount - $7k rebates + $429(ish) doc fee. Completely transparent and simple.

Floppyfish11

Reaction score
I bought a new 2024 Laramie from Anthony at Mark Dodge a couple weeks ago. The deal was EXACTLY as advertised / discussed and was hands down the easiest, hassle-free car purchase of my life. These guys have a well-oiled machine and don’t play the usual games. They even helped me arrange transport to my home in NC which I thought was very reasonable. Would definitely recommend if you are considering a new Ram. Keith

BTW, the deal was $72k sticker -$10K dealer discount - $7k rebates + $429(ish) doc fee. Completely transparent and simple.
Was the price you paid essentially what's advertised online? Or did you get even more off from there?

6of36

Reaction score
Was the price you paid essentially what's advertised online? Or did you get even more off from there?
I haven't looked at their ads, but the price the told me, when I sent my build, was just what they quoted me, plus the dealer charge, which they told me of at the time. Minus the rebates, at time of delivery. If they are advertising a price, that price probably is including rebates at that time. They are very honest and upfront. A quick call will confirm any questions.

RedFred

Reaction score
I was kind of curious about the same thing. Wondering how he got to the $10k dealer discount. On their website, I see dealer discount on Laramie's listed around the $7500 mark, give or take a little.

Users who are viewing this thread