5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

cwatts10

Reaction score
Some people have been able to do it fine. But what I found out, is when you can't the dealer can. Also, not 100% sure if your mechanic can or not. Just depends if they have the correct equipment. I worked with someone on it who's mechanic couldn't, but his dealer could.
Going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do. Hopefully they don’t ask too many questions…

cwatts10

Reaction score
I have finally gotten ACC to work on my 2024 Bighorn. After reading and reading through this forum I have compiled a few notes that may help someone else doing a 2024.

- One of the part numbers has changed for the HCU/ABS. The new numbers are as follows:
68436462AL
68415320AA

I also had issues doing the ABS initialization. I could not get lights to clear no matter what, after reading through the forum one of the members posted this,

ABS>DT 2019+> ECS In Plant Mode> Disable
ABS>DT 2019+ > EPB In Plant Mode > Disable
ABS > DT 2019> Service Procedures > Assembly Check

After doing this I was able to get the lights to clear.

I also could not get Longitudinal Acceleration sensor calibration to run. I had to connect to the 2013+ module to get this to run.

After doing all of this I was able to get everything to function correctly.

I appreciate everyone in this group.

mahnkal

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but after reading everything, I am not seeing an answer, but on the ACC thread, it says to order 68298468AA. Another thread is saying 68298334AA. That being said, I installed 68298468AA, activated Rain Sensor Present: Yes, Rain Sensor Module #2 Present: Yes, and Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present: Yes. when rain sense wipers Is checked on the radio, they run once when I turn it on, then dont do anything, even with rain. Also, the Parking brake warning light comes on. . My assumption is that part number is incorrect, and I need to order 68298334AA. Is that accurate, or should the other part number work, I just dont have settings right?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but after reading everything, I am not seeing an answer, but on the ACC thread, it says to order 68298468AA. Another thread is saying 68298334AA. That being said, I installed 68298468AA, activated Rain Sensor Present: Yes, Rain Sensor Module #2 Present: Yes, and Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present: Yes. when rain sense wipers Is checked on the radio, they run once when I turn it on, then dont do anything, even with rain. Also, the Parking brake warning light comes on. . My assumption is that part number is incorrect, and I need to order 68298334AA. Is that accurate, or should the other part number work, I just dont have settings right?
2019-2024 Ram Rain Sensor 68298468AA is the correct part. Do you have the wipers on intermittent? That would be 1 notch above off on the steering wheel stick.

mahnkal

Reaction score
2019-2024 Ram Rain Sensor 68298468AA is the correct part. Do you have the wipers on intermittent? That would be 1 notch above off on the steering wheel stick.
Yes I have it on intermittent, also once I turn it off on the radio, the parking brake warning light turns off. so it seems theres an issue with the settings or the parts. read on another thread, with another big horn, had the same issue, and they put 68298334AA in and it worked.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My assumption is that part number is incorrect, and I need to order 68298334AA. Is that accurate, or should the other part number work, I just dont have settings right?
Correct. 68298468AA is just a humidity sensor. You must use 68298334AA to get rain sense to work.

wodell757

Reaction score
New user long time reader.

I'm making sure the part numbers for a 2023 ram limited with fcw+ as I want ACC . I see the module and valve block are the same but the Cruise switch is different.
68436462al 68415320aa and the switch I came up with is 68526526aa. Guess the 2023 is different. Plus the parts have almost double in price from the pdf. Thanks for all the hard work yall have done coming up with this.

Thanks for your time.

cwatts10

Reaction score
New user long time reader.

I'm making sure the part numbers for a 2023 ram limited with fcw+ as I want ACC . I see the module and valve block are the same but the Cruise switch is different.
68436462al 68415320aa and the switch I came up with is 68526526aa. Guess the 2023 is different. Plus the parts have almost double in price from the pdf. Thanks for all the hard work yall have done coming up with this.

Thanks for your time.
Yep, they have doubled in price. I paid around $750 for my HCU and ABS Module.
FYI, if you’re ordering direct from the mopar website it’ll automatically select your closest dealer to you to order from. I changed the dealer to one 30 minutes away and the prices changed too. They were over $100 cheaper, so make sure and check that as different dealerships price differently.

Gnix

Reaction score
It kinda sucks. These two identical parts with different part number is about $1200 CAD.

My friend has the TRX level 1 and thanks to the earlier post. We confirmed he only needs the ACC buttons and reprogramming.

I have confirmed that my 2022 Ram Laramie Level B has DASM and FCW+.

Can anyone please confirm if I need new ABS/HCU if I already have FCW+ on my buildsheet?

Thank you guys in advance! Appreciate all the help and the great detailed write ups!

EDIT:
Dealer came back with these two part numbers,
ABS-68436461AK
HCU-68415317AA

Attachments

• IMG_7903.jpeg
    IMG_7903.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It kinda sucks. These two identical parts with different part number is about $1200 CAD.

My friend has the TRX level 1 and thanks to the earlier post. We confirmed he only needs the ACC buttons and reprogramming.

I have confirmed that my 2022 Ram Laramie Level B has DASM and FCW+.

Can anyone please confirm if I need new ABS/HCU if I already have FCW+ on my buildsheet?

Thank you guys in advance! Appreciate all the help and the great detailed write ups!

*Waiting upon dealer to confirm my ABS/HCU as well
Every Ram 1500 that is 1) Not a TRX, and 2) Did not come from the factory with ACC, will need the ABS/HCU swapped out in order to add ACC.

Puckstopper55

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After an hour reading from post #1 (which might be the cause of my confusion), I’m still unclear as to what exactly I need for adding ACC. I honestly don’t care about adding much else. My build is in my sig and I can attach the window sticker if needed, but it has full-speed FCW and Ready-Alert Braking. I’m also assuming this is one of those things that unless it’s OEM, don’t get the parts elsewhere.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

vincentw56

Reaction score
After an hour reading from post #1 (which might be the cause of my confusion), I’m still unclear as to what exactly I need for adding ACC. I honestly don’t care about adding much else. My build is in my sig and I can attach the window sticker if needed, but it has full-speed FCW and Ready-Alert Braking. I’m also assuming this is one of those things that unless it’s OEM, don’t get the parts elsewhere.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
You need everything to program it, the ACC button, the HCU and ABS modules, and the new center stack with the LKAS button. The center stack isn't necessary unless you want LKAS. It's not needed for ACC.

dh66

Reaction score
I have a recently aquired 2024 Ram Laramie w/ Full Speed FCW+, Advanced Brake Assist, Ready-Alert Braking, Laramie Level 1.

Bought the ACC steering wheel component 68309592AD and installed it.

Just for the heck of it - went thru the settings in AlfaOBD (using the Google Drive document) on the off-chance the ABS/HCU are compatible in a 2024 Laramie. B/c I have FCW+ many settings were already right. I didn't change anything I thought was for LKA b/c I don't have the center stack w/ the button. As expected the ACC didn't work w/ the as-delivered ABS/HCU - typical warnings others experienced. Will order those parts next.

I then reverted the settings I made....but I must have screwed something up. (Didn't run the backup of settings first - meant to but forgot.)

No warnings/errors - I just don't have regular cruise control.

I've tried Cruise Control Present Yes/No multiple times -> no change either way. Oddly I think it was initially NO but regardless neither option returns my CC function.

What should have been my default/original setting for FCW CSM present? This is the one I don't remember the initial setting but I've tried all three. Doesn't fix the Cruise. On one of the settings, I did get a "Auto Emergency Braking AEB Unavailable Service Required" warning after driving a bit.

Thanks for the help - hoping the regular CC will work with this switch installed.

cwatts10

Reaction score
I have a recently aquired 2024 Ram Laramie w/ Full Speed FCW+, Advanced Brake Assist, Ready-Alert Braking, Laramie Level 1.

Bought the ACC steering wheel component 68309592AD and installed it.

Just for the heck of it - went thru the settings in AlfaOBD (using the Google Drive document) on the off-chance the ABS/HCU are compatible in a 2024 Laramie. B/c I have FCW+ many settings were already right. I didn't change anything I thought was for LKA b/c I don't have the center stack w/ the button. As expected the ACC didn't work w/ the as-delivered ABS/HCU - typical warnings others experienced. Will order those parts next.

I then reverted the settings I made....but I must have screwed something up. (Didn't run the backup of settings first - meant to but forgot.)

No warnings/errors - I just don't have regular cruise control.

I've tried Cruise Control Present Yes/No multiple times -> no change either way. Oddly I think it was initially NO but regardless neither option returns my CC function.

What should have been my default/original setting for FCW CSM present? This is the one I don't remember the initial setting but I've tried all three. Doesn't fix the Cruise. On one of the settings, I did get a "Auto Emergency Braking AEB Unavailable Service Required" warning after driving a bit.

Thanks for the help - hoping the regular CC will work with this switch installed.
Once you install the new ACC cruise control button normal cruise control won’t work until you either install the original switch or put the new HCU/ABS in.

dh66

Reaction score
Thanks - glad that explains it. Ordering the other parts now!

mahnkal

Reaction score
Took my truck to my buddy's shop while I was on vacation cause he is gonna install the HCU and ABS modules. He messaged me saying he is having trouble programing the ABS module, cause It’s a different part number but software thinks it’s still the old part number. I sent him the list of initializations, and he was saying With the witech 2.0 software he can normally do all those initializations but it wouldn’t allow most Of them. does anyone have any ideas I can reach back out to him with? TIA

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
Took my truck to my buddy's shop while I was on vacation cause he is gonna install the HCU and ABS modules. He messaged me saying he is having trouble programing the ABS module, cause It’s a different part number but software thinks it’s still the old part number. I sent him the list of initializations, and he was saying With the witech 2.0 software he can normally do all those initializations but it wouldn’t allow most Of them. does anyone have any ideas I can reach back out to him with? TIA
Take it to the dealer. Shops say they can do it, but don't know how or have the proper equipment. The dealer seems to be able to do it no problem.

mahnkal

Reaction score
Hello All, after adding the HCU and ABS modules, I went to activate the ACC on my ram 1500. per jimmy instructions, I changed vehicle config 7 and 2, I am having the below issues and below are also the settings I have, any ideas? am I missing a setting? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0307.PNG
    IMG_0307.PNG
    66.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0306.PNG
    IMG_0306.PNG
    56.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 20

vincentw56

Reaction score
What else did you change? Did you add the ACC button? Did you follow the first post with the AlfaOBD settings?

mahnkal

Reaction score
Yes, I added the ACC button, my truck already has everything else. As for Alpha OBD, I do not have that, just JSCAN, had my mechanic install all the parts and initialize the modules, no lights until I changed vehicle config 2 and 7.

Users who are viewing this thread