5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Manifold Leak

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They sadly will do all the old stock of a part number first as a rule... Unless there is a bulletin or TSB etc that the dealer actually follows for the "new" part number in my experience.
Old is currently only at dealers, no parts depots have the AA number. They opened up orders for current part number but are limiting dealers to 2 per 7 days, have to be ordered special handling. If orders are put on stock orders they will get canceled.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations they fixed it. With the old part #, nothing wrong with that. I can't believe it had 2 broken bolts also.....🙀
Yup, wasn’t expecting that.
They sadly will do all the old stock of a part number first as a rule... Unless there is a bulletin or TSB etc that the dealer actually follows for the "new" part number in my experience.
Yup, when I asked my advisor regarding the PN, she said there is inventory still in the local warehouse.
It’s not uncommon for local businesses to order in bulk and stock up.
It’s good business practice, especially if it’s a known, consistent issue they are seeing. Although there are only 3 Chrysler dealerships, they are owned by two different entities, but they both pull from the same warehouse locally.
With an up to six week wait just to get it looked at, they probably got tired of all the complaints of the extra wait on the part, and ordered up on the old stock before inventory got depleted/ replaced.
At the end of the day, it’s done, under warranty, in under a week. If you add the 5 weeks I waited to get truck into service, six.
Should I blow up this one, will take it back again. Let’s hope it’s just as fast then.

solanakyle

Reaction score
Hello - I just wanted to confirm we're getting bad information... our dealer called my wife to inform her the front differential issue is covered under powertrain....but the leaking exhaust manifolds will be an out of pocket expense as it is NOT covered under powertrain. (2020 Laramie with 43,XXX miles)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello - I just wanted to confirm we're getting bad information... our dealer called my wife to inform her the front differential issue is covered under powertrain....but the leaking exhaust manifolds will be an out of pocket expense as it is NOT covered under powertrain. (2020 Laramie with 43,XXX miles)
100% covered if it is a manifold.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, That makes absolutely no sense to me…how is a front differential more power train than an exhaust manifold?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
have your dealer contact the area rep.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
have your dealer contact the area rep.
I was gonna say contact your area rep here at ramcares and have them contact the dealer. 🤣

Remember, this is an emission device...

Mine was leaking last year, asked them to look at it this spring at 28k, Took them a week and a half sitting at the dealership with me without a vehicle for them to step outside the door, hit the remote start and confirm it leaks before I got it back to wait for parts. Finally got it in now at 40k, will get the 'AA part#. They've had it all week, but I have a loaner this time. They say they are very behind schedule right now, so they are being efficient by checking the other side, which is leaking also, so it will only take 3 appts over 9 months to git 'er done.

By the way, you can see all the threads here about the very dangerous throttle pedal lag, but our loaner is a durango with a sport button with absolutely no lag, go figure?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Call customer center 1-866-726-8004.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does ram not have a system that they input the part, and then input the failure of the part to see if it is covered?

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does ram not have a system that they input the part, and then input the failure of the part to see if it is covered?
they do, its called "vin inquiry". That said sometimes the new part numbers aren't updated in that system. They can also find it by the description.

siegsuwa

Reaction score
My new-to-me 2019 was showing some early signs of an exhaust manifold leak at 36k miles. I am still under the CarMax 90 day warranty and powertrain warranty still active. It only showed itself for maybe the first 30-60 seconds on a cold start. I had to put a note on the steering wheel to ask the technician to come out and start the truck when I left it for them overnight and not to pull it into the shop and then look for it, because it would be warmed up enough to close the leak by that time. CarMax tech confirmed the leak/tick.

CarMax sent it to local RAM dealer on Tuesday. Just got an update this morning that RAM "Confirmed both manifolds cracked. Replaced both driver and passenger exhaust manifolds."

I haven't picked it up yet to see the paperwork in person or confirm the work order or part numbers used. Work was done yesterday at RAM and the truck is getting 4-new tires today at CarMax since one of their valets managed to get a license plate screw embedded in a tire.

Looking forward to picking it up tonight after work to verify the corrections.

siegsuwa

Reaction score
RAM dealer replaced both manifolds with 68591572-AB and 68591573-AB.

Jack.

Reaction score
Anyone know the oem manifold gaskets part #?

I've gotten 5045495AA (left side), and 5045496AA (right side) but for some reason on mopar website it says the left side 5045495AA doesnt fit?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine back today, but don’t have the paperwork yet to see which part # they used, most likely ‘AA. No ETA on the other side.

Edit to add: looks like I got the ‘AB, but no ETA on the other side.

Last edited:

2020Patriot

Reaction score
I took my 2020 in back in June. I actually used to work at the dealer that I took it to as a service writer as well, so I still am in good standing with the service director as well. They diag'ed and said cracked passenger manifold. Part has been on order since then with no ETA. I finally broke down an bought JBA shorty headers and am having a friends shop do the install for me this coming monday.

A friend of mine also knows a service manager in another state that just let him know that the manifolds will be a recall now as well, due to possible C02 entering the cabin. Early stages of that process so i would think IF it does indeed spark a recall, everyone would see that in the coming months.

Either way, i am putting shorty headers on, and I hope that stellantis will at least comp the cost of install for me. Ideally If they do recall it, I will try to push them to cover the cost of the headers and labor as well, because there is no availability and it technically could be considered a safety issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I took my 2020 in back in June. I actually used to work at the dealer that I took it to as a service writer as well, so I still am in good standing with the service director as well. They diag'ed and said cracked passenger manifold. Part has been on order since then with no ETA. I finally broke down an bought JBA shorty headers and am having a friends shop do the install for me this coming monday.

A friend of mine also knows a service manager in another state that just let him know that the manifolds will be a recall now as well, due to possible C02 entering the cabin. Early stages of that process so i would think IF it does indeed spark a recall, everyone would see that in the coming months.

Either way, i am putting shorty headers on, and I hope that stellantis will at least comp the cost of install for me. Ideally If they do recall it, I will try to push them to cover the cost of the headers and labor as well, because there is no availability and it technically could be considered a safety issue.
Would be nice if FCA would admit their screw up and issue a recall. That would be the right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread