5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTuber Faces 18 Criminal Charges Over Ram 1500 TRX Antics:

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I definitely don’t agree or understand how someone could destroy a vehicle with no remorse.
As for the charges about the environment damages, kind of hard to justify, but I don’t think it is legal to drive a truck with 44 inch tires and spacers making it too wide for the road.
You are right about that, I remember watching a YT from a guy who has his own hotshot business in PA. He got ticketed for that.
On the forum off-road.com a reply to that question was:
"Here in PA we're allowed to have the cross section protrude but the tread must not break the plane of the outer most piece of the fender."

An old TacomaWorld post said this abut Mn:
Looks like I may have saved myself $1600. Apparently, in this backward-*** state of Minnesota, you can't have tires that stick out past the fenders. Also, your bumper can't be more than 25" off the ground (I'll just cross my fingers on this one). And there are crazy *** laws about lights on the front, how many can be on at once, when they have to be covered, etc...

A lot of other states have no restrictions.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I definitely don’t agree or understand how someone could destroy a vehicle with no remorse.

Same reason they did it in Gone in 60 Seconds and every Fast and Furious movie... $$$.

YouTube monetization pays pretty good if you can remain relevant. Mike even walked through this in one of his old videos, basically took him one and a half videos to pay for one of the old yellow vettes.

Difference between F&F destroying a car and a YouTuber doing it is the permits/approvals.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
I saw this video originally in another post and while i was first apalled at what he did, i started watching more of his other videos and got sucked into that rabbit hole. I recognized a lot of the roadways he was on, and plates on the cars and he lives maybe an hour west of me. So i sent it over to my good friend who is a capital city cop in Harrisburg and he recognized him right away. Said he has a level of notoriety with law enforcement in central PA. I'm thinking I will see him in person at one of these cars-n-coffee meets one day.

His best defense wouldve been the "prove it was filmed here" but if its that easy to identify, he's screwed.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
His best defense wouldve been the "prove it was filmed here" but if its that easy to identify, he's screwed.
As I mentioned before, I highly doubt the Youtube video is the best or only evidence the authorities have. In fact, I don't think the video alone would be enough probable cause.

Someone filed a complaint, and probably had some kind of evidence that compelled the cops to act. For example, I'm sure there isn't a statute that explicitly prohibits someone from driving down a creek on their land... but if you're driving down a creek while your plastic oil pan is leaking like a sieve because you jumped your truck moments before, you probably have a big problem. And if that oil makes it down stream to a neighbor, who's been sick of the antics and they drop a dime... All pure speculation on my part, but I'd wager it went down something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread