5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your choice in leveling kit, and would you do it again?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rau

Reaction score
If you tow anything I would go with the 2". Unless you want a little bit more height go with the 2.5" but it will be pretty much level so you might have to add a spacer in the rear.

Would it be ok if I put 2.5”-3” in front with 1”-2” in the back?
Or just do 2.5” level with airbags in the back which should bring back up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just re-read through, and so much has changed since I last posted. I now have an ORG truck (1” higher springs in rear) with Fox 2.0 IFP struts set at 2 inches and motofab half-inch tophat spacer. I also have Rough Country UCA’s. With the weight of the ecodiesel, I’m still 1 inch lower in the front than the rear. I think I’m going to adjust the preload on the coil overs to get a full 3 inches sometime this summer.
@Rau I think in your case, leveling the front in airbags in the rear would be perfect for you if you want to keep the leveled look but not have too much squatting with a load.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just re-read through, and so much has changed since I last posted. I now have an ORG truck (1” higher springs in rear) with Fox 2.0 IFP struts set at 2 inches and motofab half-inch tophat spacer. I also have Rough Country UCA’s. With the weight of the ecodiesel, I’m still 1 inch lower in the front than the rear. I think I’m going to adjust the preload on the coil overs to get a full 3 inches sometime this summer.
@Rau I think in your case, leveling the front in airbags in the rear would be perfect for you if you want to keep the leveled look but not have too much squatting with a load.

Sounds good …. Got pics ? …. Anything done to the rear ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds good …. Got pics ? …. Anything done to the rear ?

Nothing done to the rear yet, but i’ll be buying fox shocks for the rear in September if they actually go off backorder. I will take pics tomorrow after I wash it- right now it’s covered in salt. The truck looks exactly like my old one, so haven’t bothered taking pics yet.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing done to the rear yet, but i’ll be buying fox shocks for the rear in September if they actually go off backorder. I will take pics tomorrow after I wash it- right now it’s covered in salt. The truck looks exactly like my old one, so haven’t bothered taking pics yet.

I hear ya on the shocks …. I got everything sittin in the garage just waiting on Bils got all 4 corners …. Well that, and Spring … Lol …. Bils supposed to start shipping 1st week of March according to Summit

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya on the shocks …. I got everything sittin in the garage just waiting on Bils got all 4 corners …. Well that, and Spring … Lol …. Bils supposed to start shipping 1st week of March according to Summit

Nice! Hopefully you get them in on time.

Rau

Reaction score

No need to level back with 2” spacers?

I was thinking to buy this kit and add airbags in the back. My truck is ecodiesel too, by the way.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! Hopefully you get them in on time.

Me too …. Forgot, also waiting on Nitto TG’s …. Rims are back from paint, but they sure as hell aren’t goin on till the salt is gone …. Gotta luv Ohio
0a542dbf8484f7b8d62125af0d14e578.jpg

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You’re gonna need UCA’s with that kit

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just did motofab 2” spacers and an alignment

Rau

Reaction score
You’re gonna need UCA’s with that kit

Is there a safe limit for leveling kits? Is it something between 2” and 2.5”

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd say 2" is safe, unless you off road a lot, then you would want to change UCAs.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I used the Motofab 3" front/2" rear level kit w/o the UCA's. I am very happy with the lift, but should have done the UCA's at the same time. Luckily, they seem to be pretty simple to change, so I have ordered the new UCA's and will hopefully be installing them this weekend.

Reactions: Rau

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a safe limit for leveling kits? Is it something between 2” and 2.5”

Readylift sells UCA’s with their 2” kit …. Maybe they just wanna sell UCA’s …. Can you do 2” or 2.5” without em ? …. Sure …. It is a good idea ? …. Who’s to say …. We could argue that point for 200 posts …. But there is no question that it is always better with UCA’s

Rau

Reaction score
I used the Motofab 3" front/2" rear level kit w/o the UCA's. I am very happy with the lift, but should have done the UCA's at the same time. Luckily, they seem to be pretty simple to change, so I have ordered the new UCA's and will hopefully be installing them this weekend.

Did you notice any difference how it rides with the leveling kit? I am selling my 2500 to buy 1500 and the one of the main reasons was how smooth 1500 is compared to big brother. I don’t want to be disappointed after I raise it.

Rau

Reaction score
Readylift sells UCA’s with their 2” kit …. Maybe they just wanna sell UCA’s …. Can you do 2” or 2.5” without em ? …. Sure …. It is a good idea ? …. Who’s to say …. We could argue that point for 200 posts …. But there is no question that it is always better with UCA’s

Thanks for feedback.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Did you notice any difference how it rides with the leveling kit? I am selling my 2500 to buy 1500 and the one of the main reasons was how smooth 1500 is compared to big brother. I don’t want to be disappointed after I raise it.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer with 100% accuracy. I had the leveling kit installed and immediately after had new wheels and tires installed. I went with larger LT tires and larger wheels. I can say that I find the ride to be nearly as good as stock, even after the tires and wheels. That said, I don't mind a bit stiffer ride and actually have my Hellwig sway bar on the stiffest setting.

Users who are viewing this thread