5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your choice in leveling kit, and would you do it again?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I really like the look @moosem I am planning on using pucks as well. Not sure if I should go with 2" or 2.5"

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the look @moosem I am planning on using pucks as well. Not sure if I should go with 2" or 2.5"
If you tow anything I would go with the 2". Unless you want a little bit more height go with the 2.5" but it will be pretty much level so you might have to add a spacer in the rear.

Reactions: Rau

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wouldn’t go much beyond 2” with the pucks ….. To get beyond the 2”, you can add Bil 5100’s …. There is a thread on here with a guy who did the Readylift 2”, which is pucks and UCA’s, and then added Bils at 1.3” clip #4 position …. Even with just pucks, UCA’s are a good idea …. Check the thread out …. 3.3”F and 2”R is a perfect stance that slides in a 7’ garage door …. That’ll be the route I go when my 22 order finally shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you tow anything I would go with the 2". Unless you want a little bit more height go with the 2.5" but it will be pretty much level so you might have to add a spacer in the rear.
I’m having a really hard time deciding if I should do the motofab 3” front/ 1” rear with my readylift UCA’s instead of the 2” level.

Reactions: Rau

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m having a really hard time deciding if I should do the motofab 3” front/ 1” rear with my readylift UCA’s instead of the 2” level.

JMO, but no way I would do a 3” top spacer

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like 5100s are back ordered at all the places that seem legitimate.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like 5100s are back ordered at all the places that seem legitimate.
I ended up ordering the Eibach pro-truck kit because of the reason I mentioned in the above quote and the fact that I like all the Eibach lowering springs and shocks I’ve tried so far. I’ve abandoned the spacer idea.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got till Feb when my wagon shows up …. I’ll get em ordered now

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2" motofab give me a 1/4" of rake 2.5 would be nose high and be obvious with weight in the bed
Wait, people use the bed? It’s not just for good looks!?!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jesus people ….1”-1-1/2” of rake, or you look Cali drag *** low …. And that’s just stupid

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You say that now… Then you’re a few beers in and order $1200 worth of suspension and you’re blaming @Whoa_Ram for it.
HAHA it's so hard to keep things stock while there are so many great things you can do to it. Once you get your shock kit and give a review, I'll probably be ordering mine and blaming you LOL

Users who are viewing this thread