5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your choice in leveling kit, and would you do it again?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Im shopping leveling, and want to see what the consensus is here about what method and product is preferred. More importantly, would you do again? trying to get close to 2" myself in the front of my BigHorn. What say you?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ReadyLift leveling kit with UCA's. I would absolutely do it again. The ride is great and the front is now only 1/2" lower than the rear, even though it doesn't look like it in this pic...my driveway isn't level.
20210712_165808.jpg

Kyles

Reaction score
Im shopping leveling, and want to see what the consensus is here about what method and product is preferred. More importantly, would you do again? trying to get close to 2" myself in the front of my BigHorn. What say you?
I did the rough country level struts, they are more of a factory ride. I should have done Bilsteins kit

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bils on my 2012 …. Will do Bils on my 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Motofab 2.5 front upper strut lift with the newly updated Ready Lift UCA's... very happy. Do not get the old Ready Lift UCA's 67-1500, even at half price... you are married to a lifetime of changing out squeaky bushings. The updated arms have OEM-like lifetime bushings. Updated product # 67-1501 - ReadyLift Upper A-Arms.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Motofab 2.5 front upper strut lift with the newly updated Ready Lift UCA's... very happy. Do not get the old Ready Lift UCA's 67-1500, even at half price... you are married to a lifetime of changing out squeaky bushings. The updated arms have OEM-like lifetime bushings. Updated product # 67-1501 - ReadyLift Upper A-Arms.
Both of those part numbers are for 2006-2018 Ram 1500's.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read multiple people say that those UCA's also fit the 19+ models. I know the leveling pucks work for sure though :D

I did the motofab 2" leveling kit on my truck. No regrets at all! Wish I would have done it sooner as I feel like it rides better and now I don't have to see the looks of the front being so down low. In the end the 2" leveling puck gave me about an 1-5/8th lift. It's a little lower in the front, but that's perfect for me as do tow about once a month.

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, when you actually get in there and measure... they are exactly the same. Had my dealer do an alignment and everything looked/fit perfectly. Readylift will direct you to the 1501 for 2019+ trucks. Not every part gets refreshed or redesigned in new generations of vehicles.
But never trust a stranger on the interwebs, do your own homework and turn your own wrenches for best results.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What size tires/rims are you running with those fender flares? Are they the bushwhacker pockets? I love the flares, but unsure how the 20” stock size tire/rims would look even when color matched with my Tri-coat white

Sorry, but pockets belong on a 6” lifted wagons runnin 37’s on -25 12’s …. They look silly on stock or leveled rigs with factory wheels and 275’s …. JMO

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
Sorry, but pockets belong on a 6” lifted wagons runnin 37’s on -25 12’s …. They look silly on stock or leveled rigs with factory wheels and 275’s …. JMO

Pretty much why I haven’t pulled the trigger. Saw them on a black widow, loved the look, but those are also lifted, so it looked appropriate. Oh well.

sep1006

Reaction score
What size tires/rims are you running with those fender flares? Are they the bushwhacker pockets? I love the flares, but unsure how the 20” stock size tire/rims would look even when color matched with my Tri-coat white

Stock tires with 18 x 9 Fuel Throttle wheels. May go bigger once I wear these out.

IMG_1333.jpg

Choate

Reaction score
Got the 2” motofab top hat pucks installed today and a hellwig anti-sway bar. I haven’t driven it much but for the price for a mostly pavement princess it’s hard to beat for the price. I can tell the sway bar firmed up the truck some but I still think it rides super smooth. Gave me what appeared to be a true 2” lift. The front and back are almost dead even. It may be 1/8”-1/4” inch lower in the front but no more than that. Truck springs only have 27k on them so it might settle in some more over time. I’m 100% happy with it. Looks a lot better. I’ll get a picture tomorrow.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice …. What size tires ?

275/60/20 (in his signature)

I ordered the readylift 2” kit with UCA’s and am supposed to get it today. I’ll be updating in a month or so.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
275/60/20 (in his signature)

I ordered the readylift 2” kit with UCA’s and am supposed to get it today. I’ll be updating in a month or so.

Thx …. Tapatalk doesn’t show sigs

Users who are viewing this thread