5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy it again?

RamRod41

Reaction score
Probably not. I’ve got that Clunk coming from Tranny/starter and then the other day the Tranny made a few horrible noises as I was backing up. Then I’ve noticed a bang when turning left. Then my headlights had moisture in them and had them replaced, then I had a check engine light that came on that the Dealer had no idea what it was. Then the left side of my Dash went out and dealer had to fix.

Other than that, I like the truck but I’m looking at trading in and taking a hit to get back into a 2500 Mega.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
It is amazing....the human mind. What can motivate us or jumpstart our mindset to change at a moments notice that which otherwise had been blocked out or resisting to alter our current path.

I say that to emphasize how my new RAM19 made my mind go click lately with getting out of the house more. Dealing with disabilities are a real challenge. I had a BMW 330ci that I loved to drive!!! +200k miles and still would smile driving her. While road trips are hard on me....I have not completely given up on them...just takes me way longer. To add to the scenario, I had a friend on another forum tell me something like....chronic pains hurt to sit at home in recliner, on bed, this chair that....and chronic pains hurt to go for a walk; well which of those pains benefits you the most??? the walking of course even with the pains. I added to his wisdom this past month (mostly in my warped brain.lol)...the beach is my new goal.

While it hurts to drive/walk/etc....it sure felt good as F* driving my new RAM19 to the beach more times this past month than I probably been in the past few years. I walk/hobble at times a bit along the beach or just drive the RAM19 down there and enjoy the sound of the waves, scenery....best part out of the house.

I will rub it in a bit for those in the harsher climates with snow (yes I am from Pennsylvania); the beach is 15-25 minutes away depending on traffic. Yes, I am in in sunny SouthWest Florida.

So, yes I would buy this RAM truck again. The past few days I have been stuck in the house...bad days....but I still managed to go out start my RAM baby up and sit in the heated seats with it being 58 degrees this morning!!!

The pic with my Lady, my Ram19, and the Sunset....sweet!!!!

The Ram19 rides sweet, comfort, classy, and power....feels solid/strong like the Bradley!!! (19D...if you ain't Scout....) I am hooked on RAM now until BMW ever decides to make a true pick up which- I last read not gonna happen.

So, yes I would buy this RAM again!!!

Attachments

• 20181202_125635.jpg
    20181202_125635.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 54
  • 20181202_125653.jpg
    20181202_125653.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • 20181204_172643.jpg
    20181204_172643.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! I have had my loaded Rebel since August (special ordered in April) and it has no issues for 2500 miles except an upholstery squeak when passenger rests elbow on center console. (fix is to leave wife at home, and entire truck seems so much quieter...lol :ROFLMAO: ) My 2004 Dodge Cummins 4x4 loaded Laramie 2500 also bought new has never had an issue other than a dragging front wheel bearing and vibrating door speaker fixed in 2005. I just took it in for multiple air bag replace and inspection recalls and dealer couldn't believe it hadn't been to a dealer in 13 years. I told her its never had a check engine light even. It is mint and only has 63,000 miles now.

Last edited:

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
It is amazing....the human mind. What can motivate us or jumpstart our mindset to change at a moments notice that which otherwise had been blocked out or resisting to alter our current path.

I say that to emphasize how my new RAM19 made my mind go click lately with getting out of the house more. Dealing with disabilities are a real challenge. I had a BMW 330ci that I loved to drive!!! +200k miles and still would smile driving her. While road trips are hard on me....I have not completely given up on them...just takes me way longer. To add to the scenario, I had a friend on another forum tell me something like....chronic pains hurt to sit at home in recliner, on bed, this chair that....and chronic pains hurt to go for a walk; well which of those pains benefits you the most??? the walking of course even with the pains. I added to his wisdom this past month (mostly in my warped brain.lol)...the beach is my new goal.

While it hurts to drive/walk/etc....it sure felt good as F* driving my new RAM19 to the beach more times this past month than I probably been in the past few years. I walk/hobble at times a bit along the beach or just drive the RAM19 down there and enjoy the sound of the waves, scenery....best part out of the house.

I will rub it in a bit for those in the harsher climates with snow (yes I am from Pennsylvania); the beach is 15-25 minutes away depending on traffic. Yes, I am in in sunny SouthWest Florida.

So, yes I would buy this RAM truck again. The past few days I have been stuck in the house...bad days....but I still managed to go out start my RAM baby up and sit in the heated seats with it being 58 degrees this morning!!!

The pic with my Lady, my Ram19, and the Sunset....sweet!!!!

The Ram19 rides sweet, comfort, classy, and power....feels solid/strong like the Bradley!!! (19D...if you ain't Scout....) I am hooked on RAM now until BMW ever decides to make a true pick up which- I last read not gonna happen.

So, yes I would buy this RAM again!!!
What a great post. Thanks for sharing that.

UnLimited

Reaction score
Based on my 1st dealer service visit from the 27th of December and their total lack of basic customer service and lack of caring and follow up - a resounding NO!

Almost 2 weeks waiting on STAR to respond to, very sad.

Last edited:

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on my 1st dealer service visit from the 27th of December and their total lack of basic customer service and lack of care and follow up - a resounding NO!

My service issues are mostly 12.1 glitches - Service Advisor won't answer his desk phone, cell or return calls (well twice so far, this past Friday Jan 4th and Dec 31st - days after calling and having to leave VMs) Called both lines today and left VM on cell.

- CarPlay won't run - I've tried all the suggestions on the fourm
- entire screen locks
- XM stations freeze on song or will be blank in the area for the station overall
- Nav informs me that I've arrived at my destination and NAV isn't active for route guidance
- Trailer icon in the dash tells me I'm towing - I'm not
- lane departure/guidance keeps instructing me to put my hands on the steering wheel -they are - both
- the famous HK system - sub way too loud and unbalanced - but service advisor states that different songs have different amount of bass, it's performing as designed.

I had him look at the trim around the windows which are misaligned on all 4 doors - I was told "all of our trucks on the lot are this way - that's just way it is"

A STAR case was opened the Dec 27th, (earlier by Ram cares) and after 5 hours of waiting at the dealer (they don't provide loaners) he sent me on my way, due to the fact it takes 4-6 hours for STAR to respond). "I will call you tomorrow with STAR suggestions) That return call wasn't until 4 business days later, to tell me STAR still hasn't responded. Jan 4th I finally received a call from said advisor, STAR is asking me to send pictures or video of my issues. Luckily I've been capturing them over the past 2 months, I sent examples via text msg and email. His preferred way was text message. I decided to do both. No response or confirmation from the service advisor, who sadly, is actually the asst service manger.

I called today and he didn't answer his desk or cell phone, so I've left VM on his cell.

I sent RamCares a note tonight asking if can put some pressure on the dealership.

Heck, I should just show up on their doorstep and refuse to leave.

Otherwise, it is smooth and luxurious with all the safety features to boot.

Thanks for listening!!
Another unfortunate example of a s@#$$y dealer. Im thankful my dealer is outstanding.

@733

Reaction score
Yes. Replaced my F150. Cannot believe how quiet the cabin is. Ride is smooth as silk, interior finish is like a Bentley. With the 3.92's and the Hemi, I just wave my foot at the gas pedal and the rocks fly. Of course, I can't hear the rocks fly due to the quiet cabin. Ramboxes? How did I live without them before? They are a no-brainer. After just two weeks, I can't believe how useful the Ramboxes are. And did I mention how quiet the cabin is? The LED headlights are ridiculously bright. Coming from my F150, it's like I discovered a whole new world of night-time driving. Went up two notches in my kid's eyes as a result of the huge 12" screen. Suddenly, I'm cool again.
Yes, I would buy again. By the way, the ride is pretty quiet, too.

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Have you been in and driven the other crap out there, no doubt I would buy it again, but from a different dealership

Quicker10u

Reaction score
100% yes. Is it perfect, no, but I have friends with $70k Denali's that have AC and Electrical issues. I have friends with Ecoboost Platinum F150's that the doors won't shut when it gets below freezing. If you read this forum, you'd think that RAM is the only truck having issues. With how complex these (all 1500s from GM, FORD, RAM) trucks have become, you will have issues.

If you go in with your eyes wide open, and with an understanding of business practices by the less than perfect dealerships, and a realization that mechanical items built to cost are not always perfect, then you will be very happy with your truck. I love driving mine and they capability is amazing.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
100% yes. Is it perfect, no, but I have friends with $70k Denali's that have AC and Electrical issues. I have friends with Ecoboost Platinum F150's that the doors won't shut when it gets below freezing. If you read this forum, you'd think that RAM is the only truck having issues. With how complex these (all 1500s from GM, FORD, RAM) trucks have become, you will have issues.

If you go in with your eyes wide open, and with an understanding of business practices by the less than perfect dealerships, and a realization that mechanical items built to cost are not always perfect, then you will be very happy with your truck. I love driving mine and they capability is amazing.
Correct! I agree, and you put that very well.

steveved

Reaction score
4 months, 6800 miles now. Would absolutely buy another. It is an order of magnitude better than my 2015 Silverado LTZ was. Now, I might have held out for the color I really wanted and the 3.92 gears, but I would still buy another RAM. Fantastic truck.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I would!!! I just picked up 30 bags of (40 lb each) wood pellets for our pellet stove. They weigh 1200 lb and the truck sits exactly the same as if its empty, but my Rebel does have auto leveling air suspension. I didn't add any air to rear tires as would have been recommended for a load but I didn't have but 15 miles to go so left rear 33" Duratracs at 47# and they don't even show any squat . Truck drove not much different than it does empty. Driving it easy in traffic, the acceleration and normal braking felt as if it is empty. Very impressive truck that does what 3/4 tons use to do, yet quiet and rides smooth like an SUV. Light years ahead of my 2004 Dodge Cummins 2500 Laramie 4x4 crew cab ( and it is a great truck) ! Happy Camper here! (y) (2500 miles now) IMG_2617.jpg IMG_2618.jpg IMG_2619.jpg

Last edited:

CMENT

Reaction score
Yes, but I would outfit a longhorn to the max instead of my limited. Hate the power step (I know I can disable it).

15k miles and not a problem. May 2018 delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yedi

Reaction score
absolutely. Im disappointed with the fuel economy. But Gas is cheap, so im not worried. And the power this thing has is worth every drop. I work at a GMC dealership in the bodyshop, Im around new GM's every day....driven every truck possible. The Ram is Superior. And the fact that the Ram has a painted frame, vs GM's Bare Metal with some Wax coating, that is guaranteed to rust in any snowy/salty climate. I sprayed Raptor Liner on the entire frame/underneath of my truck when I first got it. Cant do that over a wax coating.

UnLimited

Reaction score
@Yedi - I've been running 89 the past few tanks and my city driving as been 16-17

Prior I was 11-12 city

somebody

Reaction score
No, it's not a big enough upgrade over my 14 Ecodiesel to cover the cost difference. My new one has cool options but after driving the truck for a month, I wouldn't get them again. In hindsight, I should've ran the ED till the extended warranty was up then traded it in.

alow

Reaction score
Id do it again. I have the lifetime warranty so it was an easier decision for me but I'm not terribly worried. Its exactly what I wanted and reliability wise its impossible to know whats going to hold up on an individual scale. I had an Acura that dropped the tranny at around 50k and I've seen Geo storms that are still on the road.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
absolutely. Im disappointed with the fuel economy. But Gas is cheap, so im not worried. And the power this thing has is worth every drop. I work at a GMC dealership in the bodyshop, Im around new GM's every day....driven every truck possible. The Ram is Superior. And the fact that the Ram has a painted frame, vs GM's Bare Metal with some Wax coating, that is guaranteed to rust in any snowy/salty climate. I sprayed Raptor Liner on the entire frame/underneath of my truck when I first got it. Cant do that over a wax coating.
Do you park it on the dealers lot while at work? I bet that makes the dealership owner happy.....lol! Park it on showroom floor so buyers can see the upscale interior of Ram compared to the GMC Sierra. So the GMC has a Swiss army knife of a tailgate.....wait until someone pushes wrong button with a trailer hooked on and gets a big dent from crank handle on trailer tongue . Whoops, sorry Dad for the $1,000 dent in your new trucks tailgate. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread