5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

woshing wind soud from passenger side when ac on

yaksushi

Reaction score
On my way home from the dealership I noticed a sound like large amounts of air being pushed out around the passenger side intermittently when the ac is on. Turning the ac off the noise goes away. I've only noticed this at highway speeds. Anyone else have this issue?

Alptbird

Reaction score
you have the ac set to max ac when it happened? It's common question. It is the ac pulling fresh air in instead of recirculating the same stale air. It is normal. I notice it on long drives it happens about every 25-30 min.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Yes I would say it happens every 25 or so mins, the air wasn't on max so it wasn't recirculating though.

Nomad

Reaction score
Do you have the split system, i.e. can the passenger and the driver select their own temps? I have noticed on mine that the fan will blow on passenger side when it is in the sun more than the driver side, I attributed that to it trying to maintain the temperature on that side.

Smon

Reaction score
You can cycle the recirc button to make it stop. Luckily, you will only need to do this 20-30 times on a road trip. Ha!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I would say it happens every 25 or so mins, the air wasn't on max so it wasn't recirculating though.

Hi @yaksushi - Should you need to address this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and more than willing to provide support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

yaksushi

Reaction score
Do you have the split system, i.e. can the passenger and the driver select their own temps? I have noticed on mine that the fan will blow on passenger side when it is in the sun more than the driver side, I attributed that to it trying to maintain the temperature on that side.
No split system

yaksushi

Reaction score
you have the ac set to max ac when it happened? It's common question. It is the ac pulling fresh air in instead of recirculating the same stale air. It is normal. I notice it on long drives it happens about every 25-30 min.

I stand corrected it was on max ac. I'll leave it off and see if it happens again.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If it's on recirculate for too long the truck assumes you have stunk up the cab and lets in some fresh air

RamLink83

Reaction score
On my way home from the dealership I noticed a sound like large amounts of air being pushed out around the passenger side intermittently when the ac is on. Turning the ac off the noise goes away. I've only noticed this at highway speeds. Anyone else have this issue?
I hear a weird sound too when the a/c is on. It's not terribly loud, but i notice it if I don't have the radio on. Almost sounds like the fluid in the lines moving through the pressurized lines? Hard to explain the sound.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I hear a weird sound too when the a/c is on. It's not terribly loud, but i notice it if I don't have the radio on. Almost sounds like the fluid in the lines moving through the pressurized lines? Hard to explain the sound.
Mine sounds like you are in an aircraft bathroom. But it kicks on for 20 seconds or so then goes away. It sounds like what others have described with your have recirculate on for max ac and the truck doesn't want you sticking up its cab.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Mine sounds like you are in an aircraft bathroom. But it kicks on for 20 seconds or so then goes away. It sounds like what others have described with your have recirculate on for max ac and the truck doesn't want you sticking up its cab.
Yeah mine isn't like that and also not very noticeable when the radio is on. Only if the radio is off do I notice it. This truck makes all kinds of weird noises. Not sure if they are "bad" noises or just the nature of the beast.

Reaction score
Guys, I don't know if this is your issue, but I recently bought mine and was bothered by a noise like this. I finally figured out that I have ventilated seats, and the driver's side automatically starts it every time I start the truck. When I hit the button to turn it off, the noise stops.

yaksushi

Reaction score
Guys, I don't know if this is your issue, but I recently bought mine and was bothered by a noise like this. I finally figured out that I have ventilated seats, and the driver's side automatically starts it every time I start the truck. When I hit the button to turn it off, the noise stops.
My truck isn't that fancy ;)

Smon

Reaction score
The vented seat does make a noise...and there is a known issue with the drivers side making extra loud noise at startup. But this is the diverter inside the dash on the passenger side. Usually comes on the first time around the 18-25 min mark.

california hauler

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to disable. Driving through wildfire areas constantly in CA and OR and I don't want that air inside.

Reverse

Reaction score
This has been discussed before. Ram/FCA is aware of the issue and is investigating it.

Bandz08

Reaction score
I just got a 2019, and this is the same sound I’m getting too. I know it’s an old thread but did you ever get it noise resolved?

Smon

Reaction score
Yeah....by cycling the recirculation button every 20 minutes on a road trip.

Users who are viewing this thread