5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won’t start

kjk05006

Reaction score
I went to start my truck about 30 minutes after it was last on and it won’t start. The electronics light up on acc but when I go to start I hear a loud popping noise which seems to come from the speakers. It doesn’t turn over. Tried a little later and now the side step won’t come down. Dead where it sits.

thoughts?

2019 ram 1500 limited.

rxit

Reaction score
I had an issue with mine not starting, but it did not act the same way. My problem turned out to be the floor mat. I had it out to clean it and put it back in covering the gas pedal. I have the all weather Mopar mats. I don't think this is your problem as mine would try to start but would fail to do so. I got this tip from this site posting the same way you are. Hopefully, someone in the know will have a good idea for you as well.

Fixing the floor mat placement solved my problem immediately... Except for the embarrassment and my wife still gets a good laugh about it.

I hope you find a similarly easy fix.

rxit

Reaction score
KJK, any luck?

Maybe the battery has enough juice to power some electronics but not enough to start the engine??

GaryT

Reaction score
Another member posted something about the positive battery terminal inside the underhood fuse box being loose, maybe check that?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I went to start my truck about 30 minutes after it was last on and it won’t start. The electronics light up on acc but when I go to start I hear a loud popping noise which seems to come from the speakers. It doesn’t turn over. Tried a little later and now the side step won’t come down. Dead where it sits.

thoughts?

2019 ram 1500 limited.

Hey kjk05006,

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing. If you are not able to determine a solution with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend following up with your local Ram dealer for further support as they are in the best position to provide further support regarding this concern.

Mark
RamCares

kjk05006

Reaction score
I’m hoping it is the battery. I left everything as is last night and when I checked again this morning it seemed even more dead. Have it on the charger today while I’m at work. Fingers crossed for when I get home.

If it is the battery, the next question is why it would have died. Especially after driving it for about an hour prior...

kjk05006

Reaction score
Charging the battery worked and the truck now starts again. Unfortunately I now have a check engine light on with error code P1DF3. I had auto zone check the battery and their machine read it as passing everything and therefore a good battery.

Still find it weird that it died within 20-30 minutes of last driving it (for about 1 hour).

Guess I'll be bringing it in to my dealer to be looked at. I have more than one RAM dealer near me, do I have to bring it to the one I bought the truck at? I've had a lot of bad experiences with the shop at the dealership I bought it at (rude, not fixing a problem correctly, etc).

rxit

Reaction score
I think you can take it to any Ram dealer you want to. Your warranty is thru the manufacturer not dealer specific.

kjk05006

Reaction score
Well worked for a few days and then today died again. Drove it for 30 minutes withou problem. Went into store for 10 minutes and dead in the parking lot.

at the dealer now. Hopefully they can find what’s wrong. @RamCares

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
That’ll do it for sure. Thats about the cca my harbor fright jump pack puts out, maybe...

RamCares

Reaction score
Well worked for a few days and then today died again. Drove it for 30 minutes withou problem. Went into store for 10 minutes and dead in the parking lot.

at the dealer now. Hopefully they can find what’s wrong. @RamCares

So sorry to hear that this happened, kjk05006. Please know that we are just a DM away should you experience this or any other concerns down the road. We are always happy to provide you with additional support while working with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread