5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiper blade performance - Factory

Helmetface

Reaction score
I've got 3k on the odo and since day one I've been pretty disappointed with the wiper performance.

They streak. They are noisy. And overall just don't work well.

Anyone else have this issue? What blade did you switch to? I had great luck with Bosch Icons on mr. Chevy 2500, but they did awful on our Subaru.

Anywho, just wondering what works best for y'all. I do live in the North East, so I have to keep snow and ice in mind, as well.

Thanks!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I have been using RainX Latitude blades on all my vehicles for years. I've had my truck for a little over a week - but I have a set of blades standing by.

Can't say whether or not they'll be as sterling on this truck as my last 3 vehicles (2 Honda Pilots & a Honda Element), but they were great on those...

Rick

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the wiper blades on your truck from the factory have sat out in the sun for a long time and were toast when you drove it off the lot!

i had the dealership add a fresh set to my truck when delivered to me. i can not stand a streaking wiper on my windshield.

the beam wiper repacements (68339036AB) are just as good or better as any aftermarket units sold. i swap my blades out 2-3 times a year due the florida sun.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are a year old. Still work great, probably going to replace them before I have an issue soon. My truck has been through a rough Michigan winter and is currently baking in the sun in San Diego. I’d say you need to get the dealer to replace a defective part if you can.

Klute

Reaction score
I have been using RainX Latitude blades on all my vehicles for years. I've had my truck for a little over a week - but I have a set of blades standing by.

Can't say whether or not they'll be as sterling on this truck as my last 3 vehicles (2 Honda Pilots & a Honda Element), but they were great on those...

Rick

What he said^^^^

cbiery71

Reaction score
My factory blades lasted about 10 months. Replaced with Bosch Icons. A little pricey but worth it. Only blades ill use from here on out.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
Try cleaning them with a rag soaked in white vinegar first before replacing them.

813Hemi

Reaction score
Factory bades were terrible. I am using Bosch Clear Advantage on mine currently. Would not hesitate to use Icons either.

Helmetface

Reaction score
the wiper blades on your truck from the factory have sat out in the sun for a long time and were toast when you drove it off the lot!

i had the dealership add a fresh set to my truck when delivered to me. i can not stand a streaking wiper on my windshield.

the beam wiper repacements (68339036AB) are just as good or better as any aftermarket units sold. i swap my blades out 2-3 times a year due the florida sun.

I would normally agree with you! However, I ordered my truck and time between placing my order and pickup was under a month!

cotonymopar

Reaction score
mine worked great, but I switched to the midas winter ones, with the snow and ice we have, I wanted the extra protection. went to wal mart and got them

TimW451

Reaction score
No issues with factory blades, but it was only rained 3 times since I bought the truck in July. I usually buy Goodyear or Michelin replacement blades and have had good luck with them on a variety of cars. I did get RainX blades once, and they were nice, but too expensive for me. I will say that I’ve always gotten 3 years out of factory wiper blades, but no more than 2 from replacements.

Lungs414

Reaction score
I have a '20 sport. 80 miles on it delivered in the rain. Horrible. It almost sounds like grit on the windshield. Was thinking of claying it.

Tyleroflb

Reaction score
I have never had any luck with factory blades. I switch to Michelin stealth and can't beat them for the price. They cost $14 on sale ($9 at Costco) and last 2-3 years in the SoCal sun. They will clear snow off the windshield but aren't the best for Sierra cement, the ultra stealth are actual spring loaded arms with a beam style cover, they work great in heavy wet snow conditions.

yellowboy

Reaction score
My truck has 3500 miles on it. The blades have chattered, skipped and missed most of the glass since day 1. I keep forgetting to replace them because we have had so little rain in NC this summer but getting a pair tomorrow. I got the truck 300 miles away so won't be going back to the dealer .

RJS

Reaction score
My truck has 3500 miles on it. The blades have chattered, skipped and missed most of the glass since day 1. I keep forgetting to replace them because we have had so little rain in NC this summer but getting a pair tomorrow. I got the truck 300 miles away so won't be going back to the dealer .
Mine also dragged on the windshield when I bought the truck. I cleaned the windshield a couple of times with Invisible Glass Cleaner and a microfiber towel. Also wiped the blades with a heavy dose of the cleaner on the same towel and they now run fine with no drag or skip. Winter will be here soon, if they do ok in the snow and road crap I'll replace them with the same blades when they are needed. Otherwise Bosch is my go to brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/