5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiper blade performance - Factory

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the wiper blades on your truck from the factory have sat out in the sun for a long time and were toast when you drove it off the lot!

i had the dealership add a fresh set to my truck when delivered to me. i can not stand a streaking wiper on my windshield.

the beam wiper repacements (68339036AB) are just as good or better as any aftermarket units sold. i swap my blades out 2-3 times a year due the florida sun.

I think Goatmann is right and the scenario is not uncommon. I've got over 23K on mine and its 15 months old and is NOT garaged. Still have the same blades that it came with.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 024339 miles.

JHRebel

Reaction score
Tossed mine on the bin and went for the top end rainx ones as I love them on my wife’s Jeep, couldn’t be happier.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got 3k on the odo and since day one I've been pretty disappointed with the wiper performance.

They streak. They are noisy. And overall just don't work well.

Anyone else have this issue? What blade did you switch to? I had great luck with Bosch Icons on mr. Chevy 2500, but they did awful on our Subaru.

Anywho, just wondering what works best for y'all. I do live in the North East, so I have to keep snow and ice in mind, as well.

Thanks!
My factory blades have almost 10k miles on them and I think they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread