5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tinting

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You must not be from Louisiana. Home of the “improper lane usage” law. 😂
Nope, I’m from Texas. Not sure what that has to do with window film, but if it has to do with slower drivers getting the hell out of the left lane, I’m all for it. It’s the law here and nobody cares..........apparently!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are tinting windows….. Please check your local laws. Whole-windshield tinting is illegal in Louisiana, for example.
While windshield tinting is illegal everywhere. Doesn't mean it's not nice to have it done. Tint is a secondary offense in Nebraska so will never get pulled over for it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Never tinted my front. any issue driving at night?
I have 35% on my windshield. Zero issues at night. I actually like it better than not tinted. Cuts down headlight glare from other vehicles.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You just tell the installer to match the front and rear. It varies by installer because of the tint level they stock. My guy for instance only kept 15% and 30% in stock (in ceramic). Since the back was like 20%, he put 15% on the front and Air 80 on the back to match. The Air 80 made the back close to 15%. Mine matched perfectly. I also did Air 80 on the windshield.

I do have to say that this was the first vehicle I did a brow on, that was by far the best part of the tint job. He went to the bottom of the rear view mirror mount and it is awesome in the sun. Rarely ever have to flip my visor down and it's not distracting at all.
I've never done a brow on any vehicle. I have rode in a couple trucks with a brow, and for me, it was annoying as hell. Maybe you get used to it, but I kept wanting to look under it to see out because there is such a drastic difference. I am taller, so the brown line is directly in my line of sight. Plus, I think it looks half assed from the outside having a big dark strip across the top of windshield. And then nothing below itz and it doesn't fade, it's just a hard line

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is done in clear ceramic. Can’t even tell it’s there except for the temp difference. Note: you have to apply inspection stickers, toll tags, parking stickers etc on a piece of clear static cling film so the windshield film is not damaged.
my tint guy cut around the inspection/registration stickers...now i have a nice little landing spot for them.

Loudram

Reaction score
I had my front windows tinted with 20% ceramic. I told them to match the back windows. Anything on the front windows is illegal in the People's Republic of New Jersey but you don't get pulled over for it. I had to sign a paper that I understood that what I wanted done was illegal under NJ law. Just a CYA on the installers part.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Nope, I’m from Texas. Not sure what that has to do with window film, but if it has to do with slower drivers getting the hell out of the left lane, I’m all for it. It’s the law here and nobody cares..........apparently!
It means Louisiana has a bunch of screwball laws and you can get pulled over for anything. So I’d rather not do anything else extra to get a ticket for. Or be denied an inspection sticker.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Parishes lol they have their own thing going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Never tinted my front. any issue driving at night?
It's different at night rather than plain glass. Only issue is when your backing up in a dark location but since I have a 360 camera, that's not an issue. Really not an impact.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I've never done a brow on any vehicle. I have rode in a couple trucks with a brow, and for me, it was annoying as hell. Maybe you get used to it, but I kept wanting to look under it to see out because there is such a drastic difference. I am taller, so the brown line is directly in my line of sight. Plus, I think it looks half assed from the outside having a big dark strip across the top of windshield. And then nothing below itz and it doesn't fade, it's just a hard line
I agree, but since this was inline with the part of the base of the rear view camera that comes down the windshield, it wasn't as noticeable as I thought it would be.

Fordication

Reaction score
Ok. I got it done. I had them match what the back window were from the factory for all 5 windows. Thats some dark **** there. Used ceramic. I did not do the front wind shield though. Its hard enough seeing out the back window. LOL

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Tinted today, 20 on the fronts and 50 on the windshield. My place was aware of potential issues with the Ram and ecu. Put towels around the ecu and soak rope all along the front. Used as little water as he could on the windshield. No issues and I’m super happy with the result. Was going to go with Air 80 but live in Florida and figured the 50 would give me better results with the heat down here. Even at 50 no issues seeing, and no issues with the hud.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tinted today, 20 on the fronts and 50 on the windshield. My place was aware of potential issues with the Ram and ecu. Put towels around the ecu and soak rope all along the front. Used as little water as he could on the windshield. No issues and I’m super happy with the result. Was going to go with Air 80 but live in Florida and figured the 50 would give me better results with the heat down here. Even at 50 no issues seeing, and no issues with the hud.
dumb question - what is ecu? I did the windshield on my Rebel and never even considered there could be any real risk with water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/