5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Window Tinting

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Doing the same on my Rebel, installer who is taking care of it has started to refuse doing 100% film on windshields after having so many complaints about waviness or other weird visual issues with clear film. (3M Crystalline). Rest of the truck is getting 3M IR as 1% better IR/UV protection is not worth 30% more in price.

He showed me a few cars with 70% he was working on and you could not tell it was there and the tiny amount of pigment in the film eliminates that waviness that folks complained about.
That’s interesting, I didn’t know about the potential for distortion of view. It makes sense when I think about it though.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I'd revive this old thread by listing some stats from my ceramic window tint. While the heat rejecting benefits are well-known, I've been monitoring the temp in my truck during this heat wave the last few weeks and the high temp has been consistently about 7-9 degrees higher than the air temp. For instance, today the high in my area was 112 and the temp in my truck topped out at 120. I go a remote outdoor air sensor and placed it in the lower door pocket of the driver's door. so it wouldn't be in the sun. I also use a windshield sunshade to help protect the leather dash. Needles to say, I'm pretty happy with less than 10 degrees higher than the outside air temp. Well worth the dollars spent.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I'd revive this old thread by listing some stats from my ceramic window tint. While the heat rejecting benefits are well-known, I've been monitoring the temp in my truck during this heat wave the last few weeks and the high temp has been consistently about 7-9 degrees higher than the air temp. For instance, today the high in my area was 112 and the temp in my truck topped out at 120. I go a remote outdoor air sensor and placed it in the lower door pocket of the driver's door. so it wouldn't be in the sun. I also use a windshield sunshade to help protect the leather dash. Needles to say, I'm pretty happy with less than 10 degrees higher than the outside air temp. Well worth the dollars spent.
I'm thinking of getting a shade too...I have full windshield tint but worry about that leather dash

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got full windwhield tint also. I originally had a sunshade from Husky that was expensive and didn't last. I purchased this one from Amazon. I had one by the same manfacturer in my Charger and it lasted 5 years until I traded it in for the Ram. Seems to be fairly well made.

Thanks! This looks really nice...but says does not fit 2023 ram? Am I skipping a step to get one that fits?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks! This looks really nice...but says does not fit 2023 ram? Am I skipping a step to get one that fits?
The very first review says it fits his Longhorn, or any Ram with the large unit at the mirror, like your Limited. They haven't changed the truck, so if 23 doesn't come up, they probably haven't updated that on their site. It's Amazon, buy it and if it doesn't fit right, which I would bet it will, send it back.

Users who are viewing this thread