5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind or road noise

Rottonrob

Reaction score
Is there a lot of road or wind nose in your truck?... Mine has what seems to me as a lot of nose. Had them adjust the doors. Still loud. Thanks

Kidder

Reaction score
Yes, I need to go the dealer and test drive another because mine seems to have a lot of wind noise.

JRadford43

Reaction score
I believe most of them do. Nobody has a solution for it yet which makes me think it could potentially just be a design flaw with the trucks. Its much louder than any other truck I have ever driven.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Compared to my 2015 F150 or the new Silverado I tested, seems about the same to be honest. Excluding the 33" tires which are going to be loud on my Rebel, the wind noise seems similar to other high-riding full size trucks I've tested.

JRadford43

Reaction score
There is something definitely going on though with the rear of these trucks though. When driving it sounds like the windows are down in the back. On another thread it's starting to be determined that the vents at the back of the cab and base of rear doors are letting wind in.

Wind noise is normal but with these new rams there is an issue with the cab vents having air rush through them which is amplifying the sound. Cover your rear door vents one day and go for a drive and you'll notice a difference.

RamCares

Reaction score
Is there a lot of road or wind nose in your truck?... Mine has what seems to me as a lot of nose. Had them adjust the doors. Still loud. Thanks
I believe most of them do. Nobody has a solution for it yet which makes me think it could potentially just be a design flaw with the trucks. Its much louder than any other truck I have ever driven.
the first time I hear it, was with winds outside at 50-60 mph, and I was standing still

Hello All,
If anyone plans on visiting their dealer to have this concern looked into and would like additional assistance, please send us a private message.

Found a tsb that fits mine. Will go to dealer tomorrow.
Rottonrob,
Was the dealer able to address your wind noise concerns?

Lamar
RAM Cares

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Hello All,
If anyone plans on visiting their dealer to have this concern looked into and would like additional assistance, please send us a private message.

Rottonrob,

Lamar
RAM Cares

Now getting new brake pads for the squealing brakes, I would be totally up for that... I do my own brakes, but I have not found any aftermarket ones out there. are they going to finally solve the wet brakes in reverse groan, and the squealing brakes going forwards?????

Rottonrob

Reaction score
Hello All,

Rottonrob,

Lamar
RAM Cares
It is still at the dealer.

Damion

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what everyone finds out. Mine sounds as if the rear door isn't fully latched shut when it is.....

RamCares

Reaction score
Now getting new brake pads for the squealing brakes, I would be totally up for that... I do my own brakes, but I have not found any aftermarket ones out there. are they going to finally solve the wet brakes in reverse groan, and the squealing brakes going forwards?????

Please send us a private message with your vin, I would like to see if any of the brake TSBs apply to your vehicle.

Lamar
RAM Cares

Dave peterson

Reaction score
Weird. I Haven’t experienced any noise. It’s so quiet in my truck. But I also haven’t been out in big cross winds either.

chad202

Reaction score
I find it’s quiet unless the wind is blowing. Then it becomes noisy.

RamCares

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what everyone finds out. Mine sounds as if the rear door isn't fully latched shut when it is.....

Hi Damion,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your wind concern. Are you considering having your dealer address your wind noise? If you decide to go this route and would like additional assistance please reach out to us privately.
Laura
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread