5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wind Noise

deanno33

Reaction score
I did try. No change unfortunately. I may just tape the entire drivers side doors and windows to see if that stops it. People referred to 3M blue tape. Guessing that is painters blue tape.

yaksushi

Reaction score
I did try. No change unfortunately. I may just tape the entire drivers side doors and windows to see if that stops it. People referred to 3M blue tape. Guessing that is painters blue tape.
Lol I tried what the guy did on his Tacoma and the wind noise got worse!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

klotz50

Reaction score
WELL THERE IT IS!!!!! Thanks so much Juli_hoop!
I have no doubt this is where my wind noice is coming from. I can press down on the piece and tell the sound coming from the wind getting underneath. This solution will help a lot of people on here.
2019 Ram Limited. Noise was nominal but prevalent at higher speeds. Today after a 4 hour highway trip I noticed the molding in the same exact condition and location as the pics in this post. After a quick search on the forum, I landed on this! Thanks for sharing as this will help me especially if the dealership pushes back at all. My piece did not fly off and still is in tact so not sure if they can repair or will have to replace.

mediaMaxim

Reaction score
2019 Ram Limited. Noise was nominal but prevalent at higher speeds. Today after a 4 hour highway trip I noticed the molding in the same exact condition and location as the pics in this post. After a quick search on the forum, I landed on this! Thanks for sharing as this will help me especially if the dealership pushes back at all. My piece did not fly off and still is in tact so not sure if they can repair or will have to replace.

Had mine replaced at the dealership in 30 minutes. My service advisor knew right away it was the cause. Happy to report my wind noise is gone. Took a 6 hour highway trip last weekend to verify. Good luck with yours.

Hemichick3

Reaction score
Iv had mine at the dealership for its second time and over 6 weeks and they still can’t figure out where the wind noise is coming from! They just took out the dash! ‍♀️ I bought it brand new during quarantine. They already replaced the weather striping and something underneath

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Iv had mine at the dealership for its second time and over 6 weeks and they still can’t figure out where the wind noise is coming from! They just took out the dash! ‍♀ I bought it brand new during quarantine. They already replaced the weather striping and something underneath

I apologize for the frustration that you have had to endure, @Hemichick3. If it would be of interest, we would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Our team is always a private message away!

Mark
RamCares

Hemichick3

Reaction score
I apologize for the frustration that you have had to endure, @Hemichick3. If it would be of interest, we would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Our team is always a private message away!

Mark
RamCares
I would appreciate that!! How do we get started

RJS

Reaction score
Not a bad idea with smoke, thanks. There are times I feel like there may be a tiny draft, but it could also be my imagination. I did try taping the entire door once, but used electrical tape so not thinking that really did the job. I heard of others using blue 3M? Only thing I can picture with that is painters tape?

The whole thing is maddening. Other than this issue, I love the truck.

3M blue works great. That's how I tracked down my sunroof noise, told the dealer what I found and they fixed it.

yaksushi

Reaction score
3M blue works great. That's how I tracked down my sunroof noise, told the dealer what I found and they fixed it.
I tapped the entire drivers side (front and rear doors) and there was no notable difference between the two sides while driving down the highway. I can't figure out why the truck is so damn loud with wind noise.

Caulk Boss

Reaction score
I tapped the entire drivers side (front and rear doors) and there was no notable difference between the two sides while driving down the highway. I can't figure out why the truck is so damn loud with wind noise.
You ever get it figured out?? I'm going thru same issue. Just bought my 19 Longhorn last week

yellowboy

Reaction score
My dealer sprayed WD-40 on the rubber door seal and said that fixed it- it didn't. Shortly after that I got Menieres disease which has left me deaf in my right ear and my tinnitus is so bad I can't hear it (or much of anything) anymore in my left ear. So it's "fixed" permanently now. Boy I wish I could hear the wind noise again.

Users who are viewing this thread