5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wind noise from the sunroof

barr0208

Reaction score
im glad they fixed yours. mine has been very quiet against 55mph winds and 45 mph winds and no whistle from the tow mirrors everything must have been put together by a very anal employee or my dealership fixed it all before I picked it up.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
Others have posted various ‘fixes’ to address this issue - including adjusting the front panel held by six torx screws. I decided to give a try this weekend an it truly did the trick. I loosened the front four and as soon as the rear two were loosened the panel dropped nearly 1/8”. Tightened them up and now not only does the glass sit flush, it eliminated the wind noise I’ve had since day one. Pure bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where are the screw located? Is there a chance to screw them crooked while loosing the nut? Kinda want to give it a try but did not found the screw. assume the roof must be open?

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I too get the pano wind noise BUT ONLY WHEN THERE IS ICE ON THE ROOF. I'm not at all saying this is the case for everyone (because they can and do make noise) but for me, when it gets really cold and I get some ice build up on the roof (especially at the front area, where the glass and roof meet), it whistles a lot. But then it melts and poof! Gone.

marklfarkl

Reaction score
My 2019 RAM has got the whistle as well. I'm thinking this is a design flaw in the sunroof...

NC Rebel

Reaction score
Wow, that would be annoying ! Mine is quiet...no wind noise whatsoever.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2019 RAM has got the whistle as well. I'm thinking this is a design flaw in the sunroof...

I apologize that you are experiencing this, @marklfarkl. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you decide to address this with your dealer and you are in need of any additional support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

jeffauclair

Reaction score

Mine was like that. And they found a star case can’t remember but it’s quiet like a walk in the park right now. Hope your dealer fix it asap!

jeffauclair

Reaction score
Just check my invoice, and the starcase is number 1923000022 - strip on front seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online