5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winch

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol. Would of been nice for the 50-70 cm of snow we’re supposed to get here this weekend! Top of Montana supposed to get more.

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
IMG_20190919_124520.jpg

REBEL, Smittybilt X20 Clutch Relocation Kit, and Sensor Bezel.

First few kits shipped today. Will be busy all week packing these things into boxes and getting them off to you guys!

If you havn't ordered yet - Clutch relocation kits for the WARN VR EVO (10-s and 12-s) are both an option on our website now!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
EDIT: Just a call from them to confirm build spec. You will get a tracking # emailed to you once shipped. For reference; I ordered mine the day it went live and mine should ship tomorrow they said.

Last edited:

cra1g

Reaction score
Just got shipping notification--woohoo! Now I need to figure out how to make installing a winch sound like a legitimate excuse to skip family pictures next weekend...

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Got my tracking # too. Should be here Friday.

I’ve been looking at the instructions and the only thing that confuses me is the requirement to remove the lower headlight body panels to remove the bumper. I’m a Laramie with the air dam and lower active aero already removed and I can’t see a need to remove those body panels.

The only major items that I see are the electronic harness, plastic push pin with 3 metal screws where the fender liner meets the bumper edge, and the main bumper bolts that secure to the frame.

Seems like a 30 minute job to remove the bumper. What am I missing? Is it a Rebel requirement since those headlight panels are different?

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well see once we get into them. I’m a Rebel. I received my tracking number as well. I think while I have the bumper off I’ll go ahead and separate the skid and box liner it. I’m also going to put the control box up high closer to the battery most likely will need to extend lines from control to winch. Already mounted a switch for power inside the cab Rather than have to lift hood.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Got my tracking # too. Should be here Friday.

I’ve been looking at the instructions and the only thing that confuses me is the requirement to remove the lower headlight body panels to remove the bumper. I’m a Laramie with the air dam and lower active aero already removed and I can’t see a need to remove those body panels.

You can get the bumper off with them on but Its tough to re-install the bumper with the panels on. Taking them off takes longer but its much easier to get the bumper back on. Might be possible, but we removed them so we didn't scratch them up. We actually had a truck in here the other day that had its bumper taken off to line-ex the skid plate. There were some big scratches in the panels from them trying to get it back on.

VICE design

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I created an official thread for this kit since its not limited to just the Rebel. Stoked to see these installed on your trucks. This would be a great place to post up pics, tips and tricks you come across while installing. I want to see these in action. Everyone should subscribe and post in the Link below

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/5th-gen-hidden-winch.14312/

Big BLU

Reaction score
Oh boy...I went and shouted to my honey that I wanted a winch in my truck for my birthday!!! She screamed back that the only hoe I was gonna get was the one in the tool shed. I hollered noooo its so I can pull out of problems....she screamed down the stairway "you didn't think of that 3 kids ago!!!" I said "screw you!!!" ....right on que, she said"Then what do you need the winch for??!!!!" bata ching!!!!:eek:
I would have died laughing! Took me a second time to read. LMAO

tjc3

Reaction score
Just had the Vise Design installed last wee. LOVE IT! Had it done at Truxx Outfitters in Denton Tx. Carl at the desk is great to work with. Have the Rino 2.0 Sport Bar and 6” round lights being installed next week. I’ll post after complete

Attachments

• 03070CD1-FFCE-47E6-8B5F-681C5DB181E3.jpeg
    03070CD1-FFCE-47E6-8B5F-681C5DB181E3.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread